neiks

Received RFE today...but

5 posts in this topic

Received a RFE in the mail today.... for missing or addidtion information. I'm not sure if this is a what really a RFE or not but the sheet is called a Missing Doucument List.

The letter was dated Sep 16, 2006

IT says -

"The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support form (I-864) for this case. However, we are still waiting for the Immigration Visa Application (DS-230). Please submit the form according to instructions."

I pulled out my copies of my DS-230 package that I sent on Aug 17, 2006. I tracked my USPS confirmation # and it says the package was received at Portsmouth NH, 30801 on Aug 21, 2006.

I tried to call the NVC call center and of course could not get through to a real person and kept getting looped back to the automated system. I thought I'd give it a try to see what it says on there. I put in my case # and the automated system tells me that my case was approved Sept 20, 2006.

So my question is that is it safe to assume that somewhere between them sending out the RFE on Sept 16th and Sept 20th they found my DS-230 and my case is now approved???

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I would definitely keep trying to reach a live person at NVC to verify all is true. With the federal government, it's rarely "safe to assume" anything :D

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Received a RFE in the mail today.... for missing or addidtion information. I'm not sure if this is a what really a RFE or not but the sheet is called a Missing Doucument List.

IT says -

"The NVC has received the requested Affidavit of Support form (I-864) for this case. However, we are still waiting for the Immigration Visa Application (DS-230). Please submit the form according to instructions."

I pulled out my copies of my DS-230 package that I sent on Aug 17, 2006. I tracked my USPS confirmation # and it says the package was received at Portsmouth NH, 30801 on Aug 21, 2006.

I tried to call the NVC call center and of course could not get through to a real person and kept getting looped back to the automated system. I thought I'd give it a try to see what it says on there. I put in my case # and the automated system tells me that my case was approved Sept 20, 2006.

So my question is that is it safe to assume that somewhere between them sending out the RFE on Sept 16th and Sept 20th they found my DS-230 and my case is now approved???

Don't worry about the automated system mesage and the mail that you received. NVC sends out this mail once they finish reviewing the I-864. Just ignore it.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Hello First of all congratulations for the completion of your case on NVC, Ignore the mail, that happened a lot as simple male said that after reviewing your I-864 and there no problem found their computer will automatically ask for DS230 and an RFE will be issued. Same thing with me i received a RFE asking for DS230 but my case was completed.

JunCeL

IT says -

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I received that same exact letter except mine was dated 15 Sep 06. I called them yesterday and was told to disregard the letter and that my case was completed and will be sent to the the Embassy. It's odd that they would let these letters go out when a DS-230 was received which is only going to cause confusion on both ends.

ML

miss lady

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.