Sign in to follow this  
Jasman0717

We All Need A Tree

10 posts in this topic

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to t he car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen h im do earlier.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don 't belong in the house with my wife and the children... So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again." "Funny thing is," he smiled," when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."

Nice story... a friend of mine made a worry box for that - she's a firefighter and the job stress was getting to her and giving her insomnia... so one night she sat down and made a beautiful decorated box to put all her worries in, and when it's full she said she'll take them out and burn them.