Sign in to follow this  
arwensun1965

AOS withdrawl

16 posts in this topic

Jon and I just came back from our AOS interview in Seattle. Although Jon and I are getting divorced we decided to attend the interview, mainly because we wanted to ask about any future applications.

I thought this would be benefical for anyone else that has to go back home for any reason or for anyone who thinks they have made a mistake.

First I would like to commend the Interviewer she was fantastic and Jon and I could not fault her in anyway what-so-ever.

We went in when she called our name, we took an oath to tell the truth and explained our circumstances. We learned that instead of abanding our AOS we were in FACT withdrawing our AOS application. Jon and I went through all our circumstances with the interviewer and she fully understood all that we said to her. We learned that if I did not have to go back to England that she was going to approve us, the interviewer said that everything was in order, all the way through this process we never once had one RFE, our case was straight forward and no lawyer was involved either. The interviewer told us that we could reapply for a K1, K3 or even DCF in London if we decided in the future to remarry. Our case will remain the property of USCIS for all time.

Here are some pointers which I feel are important.

1. GO TO THE INTERVIEW. This is especially important because if you do not go then you could cause a whole heap of problems in the future. The people at USCIS are there to help you and although some have a bad day ( don't we all at some point??) the general feeling is that if you miss your appointment you could have trouble entering the USA in the future. We were told that I could come and see Jon at any time but I maybe asked a few more questions than usual at the POE. When I asked if I was ok to leave on the 7th of October the interviewer said yes that was fine, she said because we went to the interview we were NOT abanding our AOS so the time I left was immaterial, I did have my ticket with me, so my advise is to take that with you just incase you are asked for it.

2. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS. We were advised to keep all the documents for future reference.

3. KEEP CALM and STATE FACTS ONLY. The people at USCIS are not monsters we tend to dream up, they are normal people with the same problems as all of us. Give information to your particular situation and they will help you and answer any question you may have. Tip.... write questions down before you go to the interview.

Last but not least Jon and I would like to thank all of the people on VJ who have offered support and given valuble advise to us over the past year or so. Our Journey is not over, we have just hit a bump in the road ( kinda got engine trouble) one day we will get it fixed.

Janice and Jon

You were in an awful predicament and while I was very sorry to read of your upcoming divorce, I am glad that it appears to be amicable and your relationship has possible hope for the future.

I was also glad to see that you did go to the AOS interview regardless, for just the reasons you outlined.

Best wishes for your next journey and may your newly forked paths meet again in the near future. Hugs to you both. (F)

Jon and I just came back from our AOS interview in Seattle. Although Jon and I are getting divorced we decided to attend the interview, mainly because we wanted to ask about any future applications.

I thought this would be benefical for anyone else that has to go back home for any reason or for anyone who thinks they have made a mistake.

First I would like to commend the Interviewer she was fantastic and Jon and I could not fault her in anyway what-so-ever.

We went in when she called our name, we took an oath to tell the truth and explained our circumstances. We learned that instead of abanding our AOS we were in FACT withdrawing our AOS application. Jon and I went through all our circumstances with the interviewer and she fully understood all that we said to her. We learned that if I did not have to go back to England that she was going to approve us, the interviewer said that everything was in order, all the way through this process we never once had one RFE, our case was straight forward and no lawyer was involved either. The interviewer told us that we could reapply for a K1, K3 or even DCF in London if we decided in the future to remarry. Our case will remain the property of USCIS for all time.

Here are some pointers which I feel are important.

1. GO TO THE INTERVIEW. This is especially important because if you do not go then you could cause a whole heap of problems in the future. The people at USCIS are there to help you and although some have a bad day ( don't we all at some point??) the general feeling is that if you miss your appointment you could have trouble entering the USA in the future. We were told that I could come and see Jon at any time but I maybe asked a few more questions than usual at the POE. When I asked if I was ok to leave on the 7th of October the interviewer said yes that was fine, she said because we went to the interview we were NOT abanding our AOS so the time I left was immaterial, I did have my ticket with me, so my advise is to take that with you just incase you are asked for it.

2. KEEP ALL DOCUMENTS. We were advised to keep all the documents for future reference.

3. KEEP CALM and STATE FACTS ONLY. The people at USCIS are not monsters we tend to dream up, they are normal people with the same problems as all of us. Give information to your particular situation and they will help you and answer any question you may have. Tip.... write questions down before you go to the interview.

Last but not least Jon and I would like to thank all of the people on VJ who have offered support and given valuble advise to us over the past year or so. Our Journey is not over, we have just hit a bump in the road ( kinda got engine trouble) one day we will get it fixed.

Janice and Jon

good luck to you both and thanks for the excellent post

What an incredible person. You should be very proud of yourself. When you leave this country will have suffered a great loss. We need more people like you, with ethics, standards, and morals. I am sure you will do very well in your life with this kind of attitude.

Good luck!!!

What an incredible person. You should be very proud of yourself. When you leave this country will have suffered a great loss. We need more people like you, with ethics, standards, and morals. I am sure you will do very well in your life with this kind of attitude.

This set me off crying, thank you for the compliment it was very kind of you...thank you everyone else too (F)(F)(F)

This set me off crying, thank you for the compliment it was very kind of you...thank you everyone else too (F)(F)(F)

That brought tears to my eyes. That was so nice the way you spoke about Awensun. Those were really nice and thoughtful comments.

I wish you the best of luck on your new journey. (F)

Edited by pink_roses

Janice, you're in my thoughts. I wish you nothing but peace with this decision.

It was such a selfless thing to come here with your post....

"and if ever I should meet you by land or by sea,

I will always remember your kindness to me"

I was just so impressed with Awensun's style.

If I had been the interviewer I would have given her the green card anyway and begged her to stay in the States.

That brought tears to my eyes. That was so nice the way you spoke about Awensun. Those were really nice and thoughtful comments.

I wish you the best of luck on your new journey. (F)

J, you two are awesome---thank you for sharing this unique and valuable report!

I hope everything works out for you sooner than later.

xxx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.