mrsushi66

How many Russian ladies that post here who have finsihed the visa process without the aid of a lawyer...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So here is my idea. I am looking for volunteers amoung the Russian ladies that post to this forum who have actually completed the process and either on their way to be with their spouses or in the USA now.

Why you might ask, well I am going to ask my fiance if she would be willing to email any of you who volunteer to help her understand what to expect. I do NOT want you to try and convince her that we do not need a lawyer. She is a smart woman and after hearing everything anyone is willing to share via email if she still wants a lawyer I am more than willing to support her in that.

So once I know I have a few volunteers I will ask Anna if she is willing to do this. If you dont want to post here please PM me.

The reason I am asking for Russian lady volunteers should be obvious but if not, I think it would work better coming from a Russian woman.

If this is a completely silly idea go ahead let me know.

Paul misses Anna

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
If this is a completely silly idea go ahead let me know.
Consider yourself informed of such.

Lawyer-free is the way to be!

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife says she can help. She adds that the interview was very easy and don't worry. Did you read the summary about our interview I posted here in March? Feel free to send PM.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

I went through K1 visa process twice. Even we had good lawyer second time, I can help. It is easy, beleive me! I know, when you just begin it seems complicated, but it's not. As for Anna I do not understand why she thinks it is going to be so difficult for her? For the petition she only needs to complite biographic form, take passport photo and copies some of her docs. That is all! Then just to wait. Docs for interview are easy! We had lawyer just because my fiance was nervous that it was a second K1 for us and also he did not like the paperwork.

Anna also can find a lot of help here russian-fiancee.com/rus/forum

Lots of girls from Russia and former USSR are helping each other.

This is for Anna (in russian)

Аня, не переживайте, вы всё сделаете легко! Это у вашего жениха будет побольше работы с подготовкой доков, но тоже немного. А у вас совсем чуть-чуть! Я даже не поняла, почему вы волнуетесь так сильно! Когда доки свои отошлете жениху для петиции то сами будете смеяться над тем, как раньше думали что это трудно. Доки один раз подготовите для отсылки жениху, а потом будете просто ждать. И потом только на интервью доки, но там совсем просто. Я вам помогу без проблем если надо. И еще cxодите на этот сайт russian-fiancee.com/rus/forum , там мы (русские невесты) друг дружке помогаем и с доками и когда уже в Америке. Жених ваш чувствуется очень о вас заботится!

Timeline
This is for Anna (in russian)

Аня, не переживайте, вы всё сделаете легко! Это у вашего жениха будет побольше работы с подготовкой доков, но тоже немного. А у вас совсем чуть-чуть! Я даже не поняла, почему вы волнуетесь так сильно! Когда доки свои отошлете жениху для петиции то сами будете смеяться над тем, как раньше думали что это трудно. Доки один раз подготовите для отсылки жениху, а потом будете просто ждать. И потом только на интервью доки, но там совсем просто. Я вам помогу без проблем если надо. И еще cxодите на этот сайт russian-fiancee.com/rus/forum , там мы (русские невесты) друг дружке помогаем и с доками и когда уже в Америке. Жених ваш чувствуется очень о вас заботится!

I really appreciate this but just so you know we have actually already filed the I-129 so she has already filled out the biographical. I just recieved notice that they are sending an RFE. I am hoping the RFE is just he IMBR questions. The biggest thing we are worried about is the Moscow part once I send her the NOA2. And it is not just her that is nervous as was your husband I am a bit nervous also.

I will pass your comment on and thank you very much.

Paul

Edited by mrsushi66

Timeline
The biggest thing we are worried about is the Moscow part once I send her the NOA2.
Here is how I see it. If your fiancee is unable to go through the interview part and successfully navigate international travel to come to you, she will never make it in America and will be a huge burden on you.

Moscow is part of HER country. There should be nothing to worry about. The only US interaction is the interview and no one is allowed in except her anyway!

To be honest, I would be reconsidering my decision to marry a lady who is unable to navigate the "Moscow part" in her own country.

Timeline
The biggest thing we are worried about is the Moscow part once I send her the NOA2.
Here is how I see it. If your fiancee is unable to go through the interview part and successfully navigate international travel to come to you, she will never make it in America and will be a huge burden on you.

Moscow is part of HER country. There should be nothing to worry about. The only US interaction is the interview and no one is allowed in except her anyway!

To be honest, I would be reconsidering my decision to marry a lady who is unable to navigate the "Moscow part" in her own country.

Wow you are able to gleen and make such life changing decisions based on this post. You are so much smarter than I am. Of course you didn't know that she has adapted and over come so many obsticles in her life that I am willing to support her on this one thing. She looks out for her family and helps them more than most of my friends here help their family. She has said things to me that have convinced me she is a very smart person. So while I appreciate your observation, my suggestion is know the whole story before you start dishing out advice to second guess a decision that you obviously think I have made with little or no thouight.

Something else for you to think about, if you ever use the word burden when it comes to a loved one you obviously have no idea what love is!!!!

Course this is just my opinion like your post is yours.

Paul misses my wonderful and smart Anna

Edited by mrsushi66

Timeline
Of course you didn't know that she has adapted and over come so many obsticles in her life that I am willing to support her on this one thing. She looks out for her family and helps them more than most of my friends here help their family. She has said things to me that have convinced me she is a very smart person.
If all of the above is true then there is really no need to have this thread. The person you describe now would be more than capable of doing the "Moscow part" on her own.

I apologize for my remarks, I am just basing it on personal opinion as my fiancee had great command of what to do and how to get it done in her own country that she is very proud of.

Timeline

Well, I can understand Anna's feelings. I think she is just a bit lost what to do and how to begin. And nervous that she can do something not correct. Once she will begin she will get more OK with that. Her docs for interview are easy. Once your case will get to embassy Anna will get a yellow packet with all insructions in Russian and with all forms she will need to complite. Right now I suggest that she applies for her police certificate because it can take time to get it (depends on the city where she lives). All other docs she can begin to prepare a bit later, after you will pass the NVC.

Satellite, all people are different. I also did my docs myself when I was getting my first visa plus was helping my fiance to prepare his docs for my interview. Now I am going to save the money and to file AOS papers myself.

Paul, I received your email. I will write Anna to her email (Saturday or Sunday). Me and my fiance just returned from Seattle and I am pretty tired.

Don't worry, Anna will get better with paperwork, she seems to be a very smart girl. I hope you know that you need to prepare and send her your financial docs. They are VERY important.

Timeline
Well, I can understand Anna's feelings. I think she is just a bit lost what to do and how to begin. And nervous that she can do something not correct. Once she will begin she will get more OK with that. Her docs for interview are easy. Once your case will get to embassy Anna will get a yellow packet with all insructions in Russian and with all forms she will need to complite. Right now I suggest that she applies for her police certificate because it can take time to get it (depends on the city where she lives). All other docs she can begin to prepare a bit later, after you will pass the NVC.

Satellite, all people are different. I also did my docs myself when I was getting my first visa plus was helping my fiance to prepare his docs for my interview. Now I am going to save the money and to file AOS papers myself.

Paul, I received your email. I will write Anna to her email (Saturday or Sunday). Me and my fiance just returned from Seattle and I am pretty tired.

Don't worry, Anna will get better with paperwork, she seems to be a very smart girl. I hope you know that you need to prepare and send her your financial docs. They are VERY important.

Yes I have my last 3 years tax returns and w2. Pay stubs (3months worth), brokerage statements, retirement account statements, bank statements, and as each month passes I keep them up to date so that I will be ready as soon as they are needed.

Paul

Timeline

Be sure to get a letter from your employer. This seemed to be one of the things they really wanted at our interview. They were also pleased I had provided tax transcripts. They didn't even look at the bank statements and letter, but be sure you have everything they ask for. They also kept one of our pictures.

Does Anna speak English fairly well? That seemed to be something that makes the interview go a little easier. Girls that spoke English during the interview seemed to have fairly brief conversations with the CO's, and girls that only spoke Russian seemed to be asked many more questions, for the obvious reason.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline
Be sure to get a letter from your employer. This seemed to be one of the things they really wanted at our interview. They were also pleased I had provided tax transcripts. They didn't even look at the bank statements and letter, but be sure you have everything they ask for. They also kept one of our pictures.

Does Anna speak English fairly well? That seemed to be something that makes the interview go a little easier. Girls that spoke English during the interview seemed to have fairly brief conversations with the CO's, and girls that only spoke Russian seemed to be asked many more questions, for the obvious reason.

I already have the letter but it iwll be old by the time I need it so I will request it again closer to when I need it. Yes, I think her English is fine. As a matter of fact when she speaks English I hear a bit of an Englsih accent with her Russian influence... Quite cute in my opinion but regardless I think she speaks English very well.

Paul

Timeline

They seem don't keep anymore picture of fiancees together (they did before, but now they seem don't or optional).

Also now Moscow embassy is changing rules for DS 156 form. From October 25 all non-immigrant visa applicants must complite the new electronic form instead of old one which was in Russian. The new form is in English. You can see the form here DS 156

Paul, I just sent a letter to Anna and will now send you a private message too.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yes I have my ... brokerage statements, retirement account statements, bank statements, and as each month passes I keep them up to date so that I will be ready as soon as they are needed.
Why? None of these items are required. The required items are pretty clearly identified and these are not them.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.