w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

"I am resigning from my job. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

54 posts in this topic

The Airbus is actually a very good plane, especially the A32X series. But like all aircraft, it requires maintenance. If the pilot thought the plane was unfit to travel with, then hell yeah he should refuse. However, he should have walked away as soon as the airline told him they would not fix the issues he was concerned about, rather than waiting until departure time with a plane full of people.

What he did was good, just not at the right time.

Well, typically a flight crew arrives at the airport a couple of hours before scheduled take off. During that time he receives flight planning and weather briefs. He is also given the information and records of the equipment he is assigned to fly. He reviews that along with the First Officer; then once the plane is ready for his inspection they do their inspection and checklists both the exterior and inside the cockpit. Some of the checks are still ongoing as the passengers are boarding. We don't know exactly what was wrong with the plane here in question. As far as I can tell ( from my experience at work), it's not uncommon at all for issues to arise with the aircraft shortly before departure.

Again, in my experience with flight crews from airlines based all over the world; based on the information presented, the Captain did the correct thing; and maybe the timing of it was not of his choosing.

I don't think that guy is a chopfcuk....don't think anyone would risk their whole career on a 'payback' stunt to walk out in such a dramatic fashion

you sister, are naive...

Why so?

cause many people in all different jobs..piss their careers away in a moment of either anger or frustration or poor judgment.,,just read the news local or national

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

The Airbus is actually a very good plane, especially the A32X series. But like all aircraft, it requires maintenance. If the pilot thought the plane was unfit to travel with, then hell yeah he should refuse. However, he should have walked away as soon as the airline told him they would not fix the issues he was concerned about, rather than waiting until departure time with a plane full of people.

Well, typically a flight crew arrives at the airport a couple of hours before scheduled take off. During that time he receives flight planning and weather briefs. He is also given the information and records of the equipment he is assigned to fly. He reviews that along with the First Officer; then once the plane is ready for his inspection they do their inspection and checklists both the exterior and inside the cockpit. Some of the checks are still ongoing as the passengers are boarding. We don't know exactly what was wrong with the plane here in question. As far as I can tell ( from my experience at work), it's not uncommon at all for issues to arise with the aircraft shortly before departure.

Again, in my experience with flight crews from airlines based all over the world; based on the information presented, the Captain did the correct thing; and maybe the timing of it was not of his choosing.

I don't think that guy is a chopfcuk....don't think anyone would risk their whole career on a 'payback' stunt to walk out in such a dramatic fashion

you sister, are naive...

Why so?

cause many people in all different jobs..piss their careers away in a moment of either anger or frustration or poor judgment.,,just read the news local or national

That's true...and some people even go "postal"....unfortunately.....depending on how pissed off they actually are.

But based on that link and that article describing the poor safety track record of this airline, it seems to me that he had some evidence to back up his claims.

They don't seem so reliable based on what I am reading.

True, his timing could definately have been better. Then again, I guess it's not so easy to just throw away a pretty good career......regardless of the reasons. Perhaps it just took him a bit longer to make that final decision.

I still say, other than for his timing, he made a good decision, and should be commended.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If that is the case, then yes he was right to refuse to fly. Don't know much about the airline though, so no comment about quitting.

Filed: Other Timeline

Airbus' are trash. Every mechanic I have talked to hates them, and says they break down constantly. Further, American's A300s have had 7 or 8 instanced of un-commanded rolls, and some pilots will not even bid the aircraft.

I'm a pilot and my PERSONAL motto is: Sum'bicth flew in; sum'bicth'll fly out. ;)

Edited by ual777

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Timeline

Airbus' are trash. Every mechanic I have talked to hates them, and says they break down constantly. Further, American's A300s have had 7 or 8 instanced of un-commanded rolls, and some pilots will not even bid the aircraft.

I'm a pilot and my PERSONAL motto is: Sum'bicth flew in; sum'bicth'll fly out. ;)

uncommanded rolls? that's not good! but if it such a ###### why do many airlines use them? are they cheaper or something? disposable planes? :lol:

Of the four major manufacturers, it is my least favourite but it still seems to me like, at least, a good plane to fly. don't know much about maintenance though.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

uncommanded rolls? that's not good! but if it such a ###### why do many airlines use them? are they cheaper or something? disposable planes? :lol:

Of the four major manufacturers, it is my least favourite but it still seems to me like, at least, a good plane to fly. don't know much about maintenance though.

Uncommanded rolls? THAT'S a whole new can o' worms!

I am going to say something that I know will probably tick ual777 off here ( not trying to), but from the "other side of the cockpit" (which I am), has to be said.

When pilots report an uncommanded roll; NTSB investigates along with the airline and various other agencies.

Sometimes these " uncommanded rolls" are actually PIO ( pilot induced osscillation)-basically too sharp a response by the pilot, in response to ( for example) gusty wind conditions on approach. My opinion is that this happens due to a number of factors, the plane's sheer size, lag/response time, inaccurate meteorological reporting of altitude/ground conditions, pilot inexperience flying that particular equipment. Any or all of which make the lateral control of the aircraft more challenging.

I believe ( although I am by no means an expert on the airbus), that a number of airlines have installed software on their airbuses to compensate somewhat for this; I believe this to be so-my experience is more with Boeing- so can't say for sure about the airbus.

ual777, I am not trying to say that U/R's are ALL PIO ( they are not), I am just adding this in the spirit of fairness.

Saying all of this I add that I personally do not like airbuses. There's loads of reasons that are not relevent here. I just basically hate 'em.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Saying all of this I add that I personally do not like airbuses. There's loads of reasons that are not relevent here. I just basically hate 'em.

made by the french is enough reason for me :thumbs::lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

made by the french is enough reason for me :thumbs::lol:

Yep-that's one of them :thumbs::lol:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline
what's "made by the french" have to do with anything?

Ever been to France?

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Timeline

Ever been to France?

Nope

you're not missing anything :no:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Ever been to France?

Nope

I'm sure I'm not :lol: I have friends who've been and they didn't like it.

I still don't see what this has to do with building aircraft

Timeline

Ever been to France?

Nope

I'm sure I'm not :lol: I have friends who've been and they didn't like it.

I still don't see what this has to do with building aircraft

this should say it all

Bamboo%20Flowers.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *