w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

"I am resigning from my job. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A jet carrying 180 British tourists was grounded when its pilot announced: "Do not fly with this plane, it is not safe."

The holidaymakers were about to take off back to Bristol Airport from Antalya, Turkey, when a strange sound came from the Airbus A321's engines.

Then the captain announced: "I am resigning from my job. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

The unnamed pilot walked off the aircraft, leaving the passengers in 38C heat without air conditioning.

They were eventually told to leave the aircraft, retrieve their luggage and go back to the terminal, where an alternative flight was arranged. Passenger Jade Barrett, said: "The pilot made his announcement and then walked off the plane. Some people started laughing nervously but others were crying and almost screaming.

"Everyone was terrified and we did not know what was happening but in the end they told us to get off the plane."

Up to 20 of the passengers were so scared they refused to board the replacement and tried to find other flights home.

A spokesman for Goldtrail, the company which chartered last week's flight, said: "The employee in question was serving his notice. There was a problem between him and the airline and he turned it into a bigger problem."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but others were crying and almost screaming.

yep....that would be me....right there..... :o

I hope that this chopf#ck pilot is blacklisted--so he can't get another flying job anywhere.

He could have given notice much earlier--and discreetly, rather than so publicly.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

I hope that this chopf#ck pilot is blacklisted--so he can't get another flying job anywhere.

He could have given notice much earlier--and discreetly, rather than so publicly.

total agreement on that brother sriniv...a 1st class chopf##k indeed

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

when a strange sound came from the Airbus A321's engines.

Then the captain announced: "I am resigning from my job. Do not fly with this plane. It is not safe. Do not fly with Onur Air."

Maybe the pilot was legitimately concerned about the airline's maintenance and safety practices. If I was flying planes everyday for an airline and there were recurring mechanical troubles I can imagine getting quite pissed off both for my safety and that of my passengers.

IF that is why he did what he did, then I applaud him for it. If not, then maybe he's just a #######. :blink:

:sabaidee:

Sabaidee

I-129F Sent : 2006-08-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-08

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

when a strange sound came from the Airbus A321's engines.

Maybe the pilot was legitimately concerned about the airline's maintenance and safety practices. If I was flying planes everyday for an airline and there were recurring mechanical troubles I can imagine getting quite pissed off both for my safety and that of my passengers.

IF that is why he did what he did, then I applaud him for it. If not, then maybe he's just a #######. :blink:

:yes:

Would be refreshing if true--as I've been on more than one flight where the pilot tried to "reassure" when something was SERIOUSLY wrong (aircraft not even necessarily in flightworthy condition).

Till further info, I'll stick with him being a chopf#ck.

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

:thumbs:

I've been on a few planes when the pilot has announced it's not going anywhere because of safety problems, and we've had to taxi back to the gate. I've always been thankful they have done so despite it being a pain in the #######.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

I've been on a few planes when the pilot has announced it's not going anywhere because of safety problems, and we've had to taxi back to the gate. I've always been thankful they have done so despite it being a pain in the #######.

:thumbs:

When we had a 12 hour delay because our plane got struck by lightening a couple of months back....I still wasn't very happy to be getting on the same plane tho'....I wanted a new one!!! :crying:

Welshie! Love your new avatar! :lol::lol::lol:

:D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I was ona flight where one of the warnings in cockpit wouldnt go away... so they shut the entire plane down and basically did a computer reboot. warning light went away.... so did my confidence in that airline too :yes:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

At least he didn't resign via parachute in-flight.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Evidentally last year that airline was actually banned from several airports.

The airline has been suspended from taking off and landing by four European countries for alleged safety breaches.
- News Article

A different news report of the pilot story :

The captain informed the passengers of his decision in a rather spectacular fashion -- as he walked into the cabin just before the plane was set to leave the gate, said the aircraft was unsafe, and that he wouldn't fly on it as pilot or passenger... and then strode from the plane, and presumably his job.

"The plane's engines seemed to be making a horrendous noise before it took off and then the captain came out and announced he was resigning," said passenger Andy Burridge.

Still inconclusive, but interesting...

Sabaidee

I-129F Sent : 2006-08-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-08

At least he didn't resign via parachute in-flight.

In that case, he would have been a DEMONIC-level chopf#ck!

Evidentally last year that airline was actually banned from several airports.

The airline has been suspended from taking off and landing by four European countries for alleged safety breaches.
- News Article

A different news report of the pilot story :

The captain informed the passengers of his decision in a rather spectacular fashion -- as he walked into the cabin just before the plane was set to leave the gate, said the aircraft was unsafe, and that he wouldn't fly on it as pilot or passenger... and then strode from the plane, and presumably his job.

"The plane's engines seemed to be making a horrendous noise before it took off and then the captain came out and announced he was resigning," said passenger Andy Burridge.

Still inconclusive, but interesting...

Only inconclusive as to whether he did it out of conscience; the evidence shows conclusive evidence that the airline is a cheap@$$ fleabag (like Tower Air, which killed about 250 US troops returning home by failing to de-ice at Gander).