Swingman_Tomoyo

How long does USCIS take to process i-130 if it says in the immigration timeline that it's started being processed now

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I've been checking out the immigration timeline for i-130 and it says that NOA1 which date is july 31, 2011 is currently being processed now. how long does it really take for them to review the case? The other day it was July 25 that was being processed. Now it's July 31. Does that mean, that july 25 i-130's have a decision already? thanks!

ScreenShot2012-06-15at91431AM.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

5-6 months to process the case.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

5-6 months to process the case.

Today I saw from immigration timlines that i-130's which date is july 31 2011 are currently being processed now. My question is, if my i-130 NOA1's date is july 31, 2011 and it is started to be processed today, how much longer will I have to wait before I get the decision. thank you

Timeline

Today I saw from immigration timlines that i-130's which date is july 31 2011 are currently being processed now. My question is, if my i-130 NOA1's date is july 31, 2011 and it is started to be processed today, how much longer will I have to wait before I get the decision. thank you

5- 6 months to process the case. EVERYONE is the same it takes 5-6 months to get the NOA2 and then you go to the NVC and process at the NVC. Go read the guides.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

I've read the guidelines and I know it's for everyone. I think I just wasnt able to express my thoughts well.

But I am going to try again anyway. So please bear with me. I know it takes 5-6 months to receive a decision. But as I realized, they don't really start working on your case the moment an i-130 arrives in their office. I was just asking, from the time they start working on a specific case, (5 mos. is the standard waiting time I guess because they are giving way for backlogs). As of today, July 31,2011 is currently being reviewed. Since july 31 has just started being processed today, how many more weeks will it take for july 31 NOA1's to receive a decision. I'm not asking from when july 31 filed their i-130. I'm only asking from the time july 31 noA1's started being processed. I'm sorry I am not sure if I explained my side well. Thanks for reading anyway. :)

Hi! The time interval between the first notice (NOA1) and the decision on your petition (NOA2) is generally 5-6 months, although some have gotten their NOA2s in less than that amount of time. But what you're asking is what happens within that time interval, is that right? You want to know how long it takes from the time the adjudicator starts actually working on your case to the time he makes a final decision on it, and I'm not sure anyone outside of the USCIS can answer that. The processing dates that Visa Journey displays on the Immigration Timelines page are based on members' NOA1s, if I'm not mistaken. (Somebody please correct me if I am.)

USCIS

03/21/11 - I-130 petition sent

03/25/11 - NOA1

09/08/11 - NOA2

NVC

09/12/11 - Case received by NVC

09/29/11 - NVC case number generated

09/30/11 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill

10/02/11 - Paid I-864 bill and emailed DS-3032

10/03/11 - NVC accepted DS-3032

10/04/11 - Received IV bill/I-864 bill marked as paid

10/21/11 - Paid IV bill10/24/11 - IV bill marked as paid

11/03/11 - Mailed I-864 and DS-230 packages

11/04/11 - I-864 and DS-230 packages reached NVC

11/10/11 - Case completed

11/29/11 - Received interview appointment letter

SLEC/Manila Consulate

11/04/11 & 11/08/11 - Medical exam completed and passed

01/03/12 - Interview - Approved!

01/04/12 - Visa issued

01/09/12 - Visa received

US Entry

01/17/12 - POE: Honolulu; with connecting flight to San Francisco

02/09/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA office

02/11/12 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

02/13/12 - 2-yr green card arrived in the mail

Removal of Conditions

12/09/13 - I-751 petition sent

12/11/13 - NOA1 receipt date

12/12/13 - Money order cashed

01/06/14 - Biometrics appointment

04/10/14 - RFE

07/03/14 - RFE response sent

07/22/14 - ROC approved!

07/31/14 - Estimated arrival of 10-year GC, according to USPS tracking

Timeline

uh you should have the NOA1 in 1-2 weeks of them cashing your check. If its longer then that you would have an issue. Then your case sits in a box until they reach it.

Hi! The time interval between the first notice (NOA1) and the decision on your petition (NOA2) is generally 5-6 months, although some have gotten their NOA2s in less than that amount of time. But what you're asking is what happens within that time interval, is that right? You want to know how long it takes from the time the adjudicator starts actually working on your case to the time he makes a final decision on it, and I'm not sure anyone outside of the USCIS can answer that. The processing dates that Visa Journey displays on the Immigration Timelines page are based on members' NOA1s, if I'm not mistaken. (Somebody please correct me if I am.)

Hi Humanists! Thanks for the answer. :)

"You want to know how long it takes from the time the adjudicator starts actually working on your case to the time he makes a final decision on it"

--- You got that right! I was just thinking if there was an answer to it because the immigration timelines seem to be accurate. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.