Sign in to follow this  
Kaitie64

Crossed at Sumas Border

15 posts in this topic

My daughter and I got our IR1/IR2 visas on August 1st but we had to wait until now to cross because we still had to get our son's consular report of a birth abroad done before we would all be allowed to move to the US together. After many delays, we are all done! There were some days it felt like we would never get to this point. The customs agent who processed our paperwork and took my finger prints was very nice and we were out of there approximately 30 minutes later. I asked if she needed to look in my husband's or brother's truck or at the list of things I was bringing across and she said nope you can go. Lee and I are still walking around with these goofy grins on our faces every time we look at eachother in disbelief that we are living together under one roof. No more visits, no one has to leave to go home. We are home and deleriously happy :luv: I can't begin to thank everyone who has supported and advised us throughout this process, especially in the Canadian forum.

There must be a statistic somewhere ... that couples who go through the immigration process are stronger and less likely to divorce. Maybe that's the silver lining in all the waiting, the angst, the expense, the gray hair. Kaitia64, thank you for reminding us that there's a happy ending!

There must be a statistic somewhere ... that couples who go through the immigration process are stronger and less likely to divorce. Maybe that's the silver lining in all the waiting, the angst, the expense, the gray hair. Kaitia64, thank you for reminding us that there's a happy ending!

No kidding. Imagine if all couples had to do this. Divorce would cease to exist.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.