kath1958

what does everyone do in the day unable to work

32 posts in this topic

Just curios what you do in the day to keep you occupid as not allowed to work.

I have re decorated the whole house. Plus got my Texas driving linsines. The house is so tidy it looks unlived in. Bought a kitten who likes to play alot. REdone my CV.

So what do you do to keep yourselves occupid while your husband or wife are at work. I,m just curiouis.

Kath

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband reads the paper, watches TV and plays with the dogs.... :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

some of my day this week has been getting AOS stuff together. but mostly walking the hounds, sweeping up all the dog hair, emailing friends, reading NHL.com, Slamsports and not nearly enough training. i thought it'd be great to be unemployed and have all day to ride my bike and run but i'm having motivation issues (no races that matter in the near future) and stress issues like dogs chasing me (not something i'm used to!) & the possiblity of getting lost while riding doesn't help me want to get out the door.

k

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I have been doing some work around the house and yard ...

Right now I am working on a new patio in the backyard to sit the firepit that my wife got from her son on her birthday ... It was lots of digging and moving gravel and sand and placing paver bricks but it is starting to look really nice ... Starting to get a little to late in the year to enjoy it though .... lol

I have also been cutting the grass every week and other regular yard maintenance ...

I have learning to be a house husband (or as my wife puts it a house "#######") and doing the dishes, laundry sweeping, cleaning ect... I am really trying but I am no where as good at it as my wife ... but she has been patient with me ...

I really am looking forward to getting my EAD or AOS which ever comes first as this is the longest I have ever been not working ... Before this I think the longest was 2 weeks when I went holiday ...

I am now at 8 weeks since my last day at work back in Canada and I am itching to start contributing to the financial side ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

During my 6 months of 'vacation' :D I've done one heck of a lot of yard work, house cleaning, room re-arranging, internet surfing, tv watching and mastered the bbq. I make a crummy housewife so I can't wait to get back to work.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm volunteering at a cat shelter and I can SO recommend it. I get to meet new people, have something to do with myself without the "pressure" of a real job.

I take care of the cats (feed them, play with them etc - I even get to bottlefeed baby kitten - so cute!), but I also do office work for the organization (maintaining their homepage, organizing events etc). I got to choose myself what I want to do and what not and how much time I want to work.

I can totally recommend volunteer work for the time until we get our EADs.

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

When he couldn't work my husband wwould go to my aunt's house and help her bc she was remodling. he painted her house :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Kath,

Pre-school age kid......

And when he's in pre-school, volunteer work at the hospital and workouts at the gym with friends.

Yodrak (for Rodjanaa)

I have re decorated the whole house. Plus got my Texas driving linsines. The house is so tidy it looks unlived in. Bought a kitten who likes to play alot. REdone my CV.

So what do you do to keep yourselves occupid while your husband or wife are at work. I,m just curiouis.

Kath

Filed: Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Kath

Read blogs, surf the net. Read the newspapers and books. Chat with random friends/ acquaintances online. Prepare lunch if hubby comes home. Walk to grocery/ produce store when stuffs run low. Cook dinner...

and the part i hate most...

clean the house, do laundry!

and slowly but surely go insane....

P/S: My timeline can be found under my hubby's userid "Miwa'

Thanks for your input. It shows we all do the same sort of thing in our long extended holiday. All that spare time . Trying to keep ourselves occupied. Whilst our other half is at work. We are all strong in character. So we will get through. Good luck everyone.

Once again thanks.

Kath.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As of now, since i dont have my ssn yet, my fiance picks me up at lunch time to eat out and i go with him at his office. I surf the net and eat.. i know.. boring! but it's better than staying at home! hehe :P

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Cooked alot, cleaned alot, done lots of laundry, learnt about plants and made the yards pretty, cut the grass, laid laminate floors, painted the kitchen cabinets, painted the living room and dining room, talked to friends and relatives online and on the phone, watched tv, read, gathered AOS information and of course read VJ :thumbs:

And decided I don't have time for a job when I can work :P

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

regular house work, cooking, re-organizing rooms, then started on the yard, planted all of the gardens, picked up birdwatching, went for nature walks in the area, then started to explore the backroads and areas around by car gradually expanding the radius until I was exploring neighbouring towns and communities. I now know the backroads better than my husband. I also volunteered (and still do) at local historical sites as a costumed interpretor. I only work part time now and there are still days when time lies heavy on my hands, not because there isn't anything to do but because I am bored with some of the things that need doing - especially housework:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Housework, cooking, play with the cats, photograph the cats, computer, crafts... occasionally go for a swim or a walk or go to the library, but I'm a very indolent sort (and it's so hot in Florida in the summer that I don't want to walk ANYWHERE!)

When I want something productive to do online I go to the Distributed Proofreaders website and help to proofread/format ebooks for Project Gutenberg.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Play Everquest or World of Warcraft.....endless hours of entertainment

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 They sent I-129F back saying form is outdated

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Nov 28, 2006 NOA2 approved

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 7, 2006 NVC sends letter saying it will be forwarded to manila in a week

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! Cant kick her out now!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.