alix

Sending packet#3 before receiving it?????

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

I read in several postings that people have sent the packet #3 documents back to the consulate before actually getting them. Can someone let me know what are the contents of this packet and what do I need to send back to the consulate?

Thanks!

Alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

First you need to know exactly what is in the packet, some consulates have consulate specific forms unavailable on the internet. Also you may end up sending too early before they have the case in their system.

4.3)...What type of paperwork does the fiance(e) receive from the Consulate?

A...Exactly what gets sent will vary depending on the Consulate, but the first packet to arrive will most likely contain the following:

* DS-2001 (or OF-169 or UK/85) -- This is your main set of instructions. It is also a checklist of items required for the interview.

* OF-167 -- information sheet about financial responsibility. You may also receive an I-134 Affidavit of Support form.

* DS-230 or OF-230 Part 1 -- biographical data sheet.

* DS-156 -- Nonimmigrant visa application form

* DS-156K -- Nonimmigrant fiance(e) visa application

* DS-157 -- Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (for all males between ages of 16 and 45)

* You may, at this time, receive medical exam information, and a list of required immunizations.

* DSL-1083 -- An information sheet about police certificates, military records and more.

In December, 2001, the State Department announced a change in the name of Packets 3 and 4, which were the instructions, forms and appointment information. They are now referred to as "Instruction Package" and "Appointment Package". Some of the forms are renamed slightly as well, so if the exact form numbers are different, just follow the instructions.

Sometimes, the Consulate may forget to send extra copies of these application forms for the children for whom a K2 visa is intended. If so, contact the Consulate to obtain the forms.

FAQ here on VJ is very useful:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks YuandDan!

The only thing is that I am applying for a CR1 visa, so I believe my packet is a bit different than for a K1.

Well...I guess I'll just wait then!

Alix

Thanks YuandDan!

The only thing is that I am applying for a CR1 visa, so I believe my packet is a bit different than for a K1.

Well...I guess I'll just wait then!

Alix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I am going to the consulate in Italy but this is what I got sent

- DS-230 Part 1&2 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration

- I-864 Affidavit of Support

- I-864A Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

- I-864P Poverty Guidelines

- I-865 Sponsor's Notice of Change of Address

Hope this helps you out good luck

Hi all,

I read in several postings that people have sent the packet #3 documents back to the consulate before actually getting them. Can someone let me know what are the contents of this packet and what do I need to send back to the consulate?

Thanks!

Alix

Alix

What you will receive from the Consulate is the interview packet. As NVC now handles the application of the visa (DS-230 plus any applicable documention depending on country) & I-864, there is nothing that is now required to be sent to the consulate prior to the interview being scheduled. This happens automatically once your case is complete at NVC and forwarded to the Consulate. Once you have the packet, you only need to take to the interview, anything that hasn't already been submitted to NVC as the list you receive is usually generic.

If you were only required to submit part 1 of the DS-230 and photocopy of biographics page of the passport to NVC, you will need to take to the interview, DS-230 part II completed but not signed, police certificate, medical, any police/court records, Birth/Marriage/Divorce cerificates - originals plus photocopy & any translations, military & deportation papers if applicable, valid passpor. You will also take any evidence that you have of a bona-fide marriage/relationship.

If you were required to submit all the above to NVC along with DS-230 parts I & II, you will receive an interview letter with the date and time of your interview along with instructions for obtaining the medical.

Hope this helps.

YuAndDan

You must be very careful in the information that you provide, that it is appropriate to the visa in question. Wrong information can cause confusion and in some instances (depending on the information you relay) may cause serious issues or delays.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks!

Alix

Alix

What you will receive from the Consulate is the interview packet. As NVC now handles the application of the visa (DS-230 plus any applicable documention depending on country) & I-864, there is nothing that is now required to be sent to the consulate prior to the interview being scheduled. This happens automatically once your case is complete at NVC and forwarded to the Consulate. Once you have the packet, you only need to take to the interview, anything that hasn't already been submitted to NVC as the list you receive is usually generic.

If you were only required to submit part 1 of the DS-230 and photocopy of biographics page of the passport to NVC, you will need to take to the interview, DS-230 part II completed but not signed, police certificate, medical, any police/court records, Birth/Marriage/Divorce cerificates - originals plus photocopy & any translations, military & deportation papers if applicable, valid passpor. You will also take any evidence that you have of a bona-fide marriage/relationship.

If you were required to submit all the above to NVC along with DS-230 parts I & II, you will receive an interview letter with the date and time of your interview along with instructions for obtaining the medical.

Hope this helps.

YuAndDan

You must be very careful in the information that you provide, that it is appropriate to the visa in question. Wrong information can cause confusion and in some instances (depending on the information you relay) may cause serious issues or delays.

Thanks everyone!

Alix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.