jess290681

Filed for removal but left out my passport photos!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone

I mailed in my packet on September 9 and have yet to receive anything from VSC - I believe it takes 2-3 weeks to get something from them. I mailed in the I-765 packet but forgot to add my passport photos.

Any ideas what I should do, should I mail them in as an addition and hope they put them together with my packet or should I sit tight waiting for them to tell me I've left it out?

Would they send back the whole packet or just request the missing pieces?

I'm so annoyed with myself, that was such a silly thing to do - baby brain hasn't fixed itself yet.

Thanks for any replies, any help is appreciated.

Filed N-400 with VSC January 3, 2008

Biometrics done February 1, 2008

Interview in LI October 21, 2008

Oath in Brooklyn November 18, 2008

The only thing you can do is have the photos ready when the RFE comes.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Timeline

I wonder if the photos are really even needed, since they tell you to bring in 3 more photos once the I-751 has been approved and I think one of those is what's used for the 10 year I-551 card. Then in our case they told us they only need 2 of the 3 we took to the office.

So just hang tight until you receive a request for the photos.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello there,

sorry to hear you forgot to send your pics...I am not sure what the actual best thing to do is, what I would do though is to wait and see if they mail an RFE and then send them out. I have a hard time believing they would go and dig out your file wherever it is sitting at the moment just to add your pics, if you decided to send them now. Then again, this is just an opinion, what do I know? :P

I am sure they won't reject the whole file just because of missing pics though, I really think the worst that could happen is a RFE.

About the NOA...I just mailed my packet 2 days ago and I was so hoping to hear they usually send it soon...instead it turns out that people who mailed it around august 20th are still waiting so it looks like Vermont slowed down a bit...

Anyways best of luck to you, I totally understand the baby brain thing...I have a 6 month old and it took me forever to actually find the time to put everything together and finally mail it out (I could have filed as early as july, 26th :( ).

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Hi There.....

There is nothing to worry about if you forgot to send pictures along with your file......I FORGOT TOO. I was asking same question in may 2006 here in visa journey. And also one of other user of visajourney. I also submitted my file in VSC. They never sent any RFE. Later they sent NOA stating that my PR has been extended for 12 months and later I got approval in mail. It took around 3 months.....so be cool......so many other things to worry about besides pictures...just wait ......nothing else you can do rite......

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There was someone else here who recently neglected to include pix too.. all worked out in the end. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Really, dont' worry. I sent mine in on 9/13 (prior to the 9/14 expiry date) and forgot teh check! Oh duh!

I called the helpline and they said not to worry - I should just return it with the RFE.

Marriage date: 29th May 2004 - UK!

I-130: submitted and processed 1st June 2004

DS-230: Returned 1st June 2004

I-130: petition approved 30th June 2004 (hubby forgot to sign page 2 of petition, and had 3 attempts at sending it from the US. FedEx ranks higher than USPS!!)

Packet 3 checklist: Returned 9th June 2004

Interview scheduled: 30th July 2004

Visa arrives - 2nd August 2004 (WOO HOO!!)

Together in Atlanta: 14th September 2004

.png

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey Jessica --

I did the exact same thing -- just forgot about the pictures. Never got RFE'd for them, got approved, told to make infopass appt and bring 3 pictures, of which they took 2. Not sure what would have happened if I *had* sent in the pics, would they have sent the ten-year card without us having to go in? In any case it all worked out. Hope yours does too. Good luck.

P.S. We filed in mid- to late-March of this year, approval was dated June 1. This was through CSC.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi everyone.

I've not been on for a while so I'm just reading posts now. Thank you for making me feel better, I've been visiting with my parents stewing over this for ages now so I was glad to get home to my computer and see that it's not a big deal. Well, I guess now I just wait and see.

Thanks again all.

Filed N-400 with VSC January 3, 2008

Biometrics done February 1, 2008

Interview in LI October 21, 2008

Oath in Brooklyn November 18, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.