Zizi & Zuki

Second Interview, Second Try

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hamdulillah!! See...persistence does sometimes pay off. I wish you both the best of luck...be sure to let us know what happens. You are in my duah's!

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

I hope we here soon! I don't even know them and I am getting an upset stomach waiting to hear! :unsure:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You gals are SO sweet! It's sure been a hell of a week. I sit here now with some really good arabic music and a nice warm meal to comfort me. I was balling my eyes out after the interview, this morning. Forgive me for needing the day to recuperate before I could respond.

The lady we all know and would like to be able to love was back. With a female interpreter in Arabic. So, the questions they really grilled him with had to do with having been in the Spanish enclave city up north. He lives in a border town and crossed frequently for an informal job. He never had his own place there but did spend the night frequently. She demanded exact dates and the date of my departure. Zizi is not real good with dates. So he tried to give her a rough estimate of the time. She insisted on exact dates.

The long and short of it is they handed him another 221g that says:

Please provide a Spanish police certificate covering the times you lived in Spain. Please make another appointment by emailing when you can recall the dates you lived in Spain and when you have the police certificate."

He did not have a residence in Spain. He stayed sometimes for the night as he was doing informal work there, never full time, as many in his people group do, to survive there. He told her at the end of the interview that he did not like that he had to work with an interpreter and felt he had been misrepresented. She responded that she thought her interpreter was doing just fine. He told her he is very much in love with his fiance and just wants to be with me. He was pretty emotional. When he told me what happened, I felt like I wanted to die, really. Sounds like too much drama, I know. But I guess we are both just that way. We are absolutely crazy for each other....have been thru hell and high water already, way too much to tell here.....

but we will go through more. And this has only made our love and resolve stronger.....

Senator Murray's office is helping us majorly. A new worker there who is also engaged spent a lot of time today seeking advice for us, contacting the Consulate and even got an answer back already (basically the same one I copied above). Aziz is going to follow her advice and prepare a letter trying to express what he already did at the interview. He will try to get a police certificate from Melilla (the Spanish enclave city). And we will try for interview #3. They say 3 is a charm, right? If not, I am going to start investigating about living in Spain, where I have a right to work residency anyway, and if that doesn't work, we will live poor as dirt in Morocco. But at least we will be together. He said he will not abandon me, and I'm not abandoning him either. Somehow we are going to get thru this, and enshallah we WILL be able to hug each other again.

Thank you so much for your support, gals (and guys, if you are reading).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this. I guess just try to get what you can from Spain if possible. I am so sorry she made it so hard on you guys. We are here for you and if you need anything let us know. I will definitely be thinking of you and wish you the best of luck. Let me know if I can do anything at all.

Sarah

Timeline

Thanks Sarah. You are your usual kind self. I am better now. So is Zizi. He is on his way home. Even his little town looks better after being in Casa for a couple days. Hmmm. You never know, I could end up spending the rest of my life there with him. Then my Berber would get really, really good. :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Asalam Walikum! Thank you to everyone who was so encouraging yesterday. Zizi was turned away at the gate, for his 11:00 a.m. appointment at the Casa Consulate, and was told the lady doing his second interview left suddenly two days ago. I have been continuing to try to reach someone inside the Consulate to honor this appointment. Senator Patty Murray's office faxed and emailed them yesterday as well.

This morning I called, was able to get through and explain about his appt. being broken without notice and that he had traveled over 500 kilometers to get there for this third trip to Casa concerning his K1 Visa. The man was really nice, said, "Boy, he came from a long way. Where did he come from?" Then he went and asked, and the lady said Aziz can come in at 11:00 today.

Don't know how I'm going to work after being up almost all night over this. I just hope this is the last step toward him getting his visa!

I miss you so much Zizi! Get that Visa!!!!

i am sorry everything turned out bad for you... hang in there. i heard morrocco is tough.

Edited by samir_shannon

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Timeline

Sorry about the delay. Will he be able to get a police report there? Casa is tough, but you are almost there!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Sorry about the delay. Will he be able to get a police report there? Casa is tough, but you are almost there!

God, I hope you are right! (L)

I truly 'preciate all this moral support more than you know. May it return to you 100x and running over!

Filed: Timeline

I have a few choice words for this lady, who did not even give the curiousity of showing up or resceduling and then she does all of this. I can not believe it. I am not sure who this lady is but I do not this translating business. Arabic is to hard and complicated to try and translate, it is not like French and some of the other languages, you have to find words that are like it. The arabic vocabulary is extremely large and I have had a few problems beucase when you read the quran you discover this and sometimes it is frustrating. And I think I can relate to how your fiance felt. This sucks. I am so anger for you. I guess since we did not hear bad news in a while this is a little of a shock. My husband speaks french and I am trying to encourage him to get the interview in French for this reason, however, what is the big deal with the visits to Spain, and if he did not report it would they know? I do not think my fiacen traveled much, but if the embassy has questions like this why do they not ask before the interview. To me it seems like they want every reason to disqualify you. Is this a part of the terrorism thing? Can you tell what questions they asked at the first interview or can you give me the post area? And was that the only thing they asked him at the interview? Sorry to ask so many questions. I am praying for you and I hope that what happens in the end is you and your fiance are together.

I am venting for you :lol: :

I hate being American sometime and I am in the military, and in my case I can not leave the US until I am finsihed with my enlistment. Look I am already planning for my hardship papers. :P

Much love to you and stay strong your strenght is inspiring. (F)

إركا

[

Timeline

Thank you Private. It really helps to have someone else feel our pain. :) I hope it is the only pain you have to feel in this process (L) . It has been a long haul so far, but some have had it a lot worse. We are just figuring out we need to have a really strong plan B!

(L) It's all an opportunity to find out how much we really do love each other. (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.