flipper

CSC MRV Fee?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What is the MRV fee for? Did I prepay to montreal consulate fee? Or did I just pay something extra!! Yeah I know I should have researched this first but I was to taken back at the fact that Montreal had appointment dates that I just paid!

Thanks

Adam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a new fee that you must pay in order to schedule your interview and even though is says that you pay it at the consulate you don't. It must be paid up front to schedule your interview in Montreal or Vancouver.

Timeline

It is a new fee that you must pay in order to schedule your interview and even though is says that you pay it at the consulate you don't. It must be paid up front to schedule your interview in Montreal or Vancouver.

Its not a new fee, its the visa application fee that everyone pays before the interview. You can pay at the consulate if you so choose to do so but its much easier to pre-pay online.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Its not a new fee, its the visa application fee that everyone pays before the interview. You can pay at the consulate if you so choose to do so but its much easier to pre-pay online.

So what you're saying is, I don't need to pay another $350 at the consulate?

Timeline

So what you're saying is, I don't need to pay another $350 at the consulate?

Correct!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

What I was saying is it is a new fee aside from the fee that the USC would have paid when the petition was first sent in. So yes you do have to pay this additional fee before you can schedule your appointment. They will not schedule your appointment without this fee being paid in advance as my fiancee questioned this and was told that the packet was wrong and that she could not schedule her interview online or over the phone without this fee being paid.

Timeline

Correct!

[/quote

Thanks!!

What I was saying is it is a new fee aside from the fee that the USC would have paid when the petition was first sent in. So yes you do have to pay this additional fee before you can schedule your appointment. They will not schedule your appointment without this fee being paid in advance as my fiancee questioned this and was told that the packet was wrong and that she could not schedule her interview online or over the phone without this fee being paid.

Thanks for your help, but my appointment is already scheduled!

Timeline

Its all in the options you pick when you go through the website. There is an option you can pick as a K-1 applicant that allows you to book the interview and pay at the US embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.