ucla_cutie26

FINALLY GOT RFE, I AM SO MAD

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all.

I don't know if I should be nervous or what here. I got an RFE but it was for the I-130, so I'll probably be getting one for the I-129f, too. It looks like most people are gettin em 4 the 129f. It also looks like, and this may just be me, but the majority of the RFE's are for stuff we've sent already. What is this madness about? They wanted from me, the marriage certificate in arabic, english, and the translators authenticity, if you will. I looked through the copies I made of the I-130 packet the whole weekend before I received it in the mail, and you betta believe they were in there. When I got it, I called my husband so I could open with him and my jaw hit the floor. He had to call me I don't know how many times before I actually answered him. I couldn't believe it, and he couldn't believe it either.

Like ready4one said, at least you know someone is working on your case. Thats the same way I felt about my RFE. Some action is better than none,you know. They should be gettin mine this week or the beginin of next week.

From the looks of it, people are approved in less than 2 weeks after. Then we have the pleasure of waiting some more, but now with the gratification of knowing that we are one step closer to being with our husbands and wives. You can start invisioning the day you see em at the airport and running up to em in the airport and huggin and kissin and spinnin around in circles and looking into each others eyes and crying and huggin and kissin some more..... OH SORRY! Does that only happen in the movies? :ot2: I was totally in another world for a minute. Thats what RFE spells for me... :P

Heishe.... What is the haps with that picture? Or should I say mishaps....

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think they sometimes like to just throw curve balls at you and see how you react. One of the tools of investigation and security is unpredictability - it throws the subject off balance and if they're lying they make a mistake.

There has also been some speculation that over-documentation is a red flag for fraud. My statement of how we met was one line with NO attachment, "I met my fiance in her country on June of 2006". Of course I also had the photos, plane tickets, hotel receipts, as well as the receipt for engagement ring, emails, etc. and a Statement of Intent that would bring tears to your eyes. :D

I just sent what my lawyer told me, even though some of it was MORE then required (i.e. copies of my passport AND birth certificate).

hey guys,

thank you so much for your responses, they are all so very helpful, you guys are the best really. You make me feel so much better just knowing that we are all in this same process, it feels great to know that there are others who can help.

As to the question of whether or not I have seen my fiance during the 2 year period before this petition was sent. Yes I have. They want evidence dated from June 30, 2004 through June 29, 2006. During this time, I went to go visit him from July 10, 2004 through September 29, 2004 and also from July 10, 2005 through October 3, 2005. This qualifies under the time period they want. I also went this past summer, 2006 but this doesn't fall into the dates they want. Should I still go ahead and submit evidence of this past meeting in 2006? Or maybe not so as to not confuse thier little pea-sized brains.

I am going to include many of the things you guys told me here, thanks so much. The only problem is I don't have hotel receipts or atm withdrawals in Mexico since I stayed with my family. I met my fiance in the same village where my mom's family is from. I was visiting my mom's family one summer and that's where we met. Consequently, I stayed with my grandma, so no hotel receipts of any kind or atm withdrawal, I usually take money with me (also I get fed a lot by my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. hey its a large family).

Here's what I'm thinking of sending in now:

*passport stamps (which only show a stamp of July 10, 2005, since they NEVER stamp my passport, this is not my fault)

*pictures (about 15 total pics including some of the ones I had sent them originally, but the only ones with the date stamped on them are a couple from summer 2004-the pics taken with my mom's camera cause my stupid camera doesn't date-stamp the pics) I am going to label very EASILY FOR THEM, who, where, and when on the back of each picture

*copies of boarding passes and also adding copies of the invoice from the ticket agency when I bought these tickets

*letter from my mom stating she saw me there on these dates (we traveled together since her mother and brothers live there, however she didn't stay the entire 3 months, but she was there)

*a copy of some money I sent my fiance in Feb. of 2005 through western union

What do you guys think? any other ideas? I wish I did have some atm withdrawals or credit card purchases there, but I don't.

Honestly though, I feel much better today. Whatever they want, I'm ready!

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline

CSC is a big bureaucracy. Assume that there are mountains of paper everywhere. Assume that things get lost. Assume that things get overlooked in the file.

Also, you are a June applicant.

Suppose you were a CSC supervisor, getting flack for all the June files that were not yet processed. And suppose that if you sent out an RFE, then the file would not could against your time clock, your average wait time, etc. Then by sending out RFEs, whether justified or not, you get to report better numbers, and get your boss off your back. While I have no evidence to support this, it would NOT surprise me.

I’d say send them some extra evidence, as others have listed above. They’ll be able to say they are doing their job. And you’ll get your NOA2 before much longer.

Good luck on your journey.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

For all the pictures we submitted with our K-1, I made a color photocopy on a full sheet of paper and wrote in all the information you indicated (names, date, etc) on the blank space of the page. Turning the picture over might prove to be too much work for them :P . Actually, we made color copies of everything, right down to boarding passes and wrote descriptive information on all the pages...highlight the dates and things on the boarding passes. This was last year when I filed and they were satisfied with that.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Other things that are secondary evidence, but may help:

- Do you have phone bills that show lots of calls, including calls to him (when you were in the US), then no calls to him during the periods you were there?

- Do you have credit card bills with purchase/no purchase patterns, similar to the phone bills?

- Do you have email talking about planning the visits, and then afterwards email that refers to the visits?

These may not be proof of a visit to him. But they are indicators that you went somewhere. Thus they could support the primary evidence, and would give the adjudicator the chance to say/feel they got more evidence.

I had a case with the IRS a few years ago. The IRS guy basically admitted that I was right. But we had to structure the agreement in a way that he could show his boss he "won". Bureaucrats have some similar traits, regardless of which department/country they work for.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The OP should keep in mind that dated pics are not stand alone evidence of meeting in the past 2 years, since they know dates can be added/edited. Boarding passes, ATM withdrawal papers, PLUS the pics that places you two in the same place at the same time are proof that you've met in the past 2 years.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.