Sign in to follow this  
ucla_cutie26

FINALLY GOT RFE, I AM SO MAD

24 posts in this topic

Okay guys, here goes . . .

I finally received my RFE. I don’t know why it took an entire week to receive my RFE in the mail when I only live about 40 miles from CSC, but anyway . . . Well, they are asking for more evidence and also sent me the IMBRA questions. I submitted much evidence with my petition, and I honestly think they lost it, I cannot believe it. I had labeled everything for them nice and easy, with a COVER LETTER for the evidence and they want more. Oh yeah, not to mention that I submitted the new I-129F with IMBRA INCLUDED.

Okay, so here’s what the letter says they want. I need your guys input, please. They want 3 things.

1) Meeting in person: The petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person within the 2 year period prior to the filing of this petition. Please submit photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. Blah blah blah, HELLO I SUBMITTED PLENTY OF DATED PICTURES

2) Last meeting: The petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person between June 2004 and June 2006 (I filed in June 2006). Submit evidence of meeting the beneficiary in person within the 2 year period preceding the filing of the petition.

3) Circumstance of the meeting: Submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship. I WROTE ABOUT ¾ OF A PAGE, WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?

What do you guys think? What else do they want from me? What else should I submit. I had originally sent them passport stamps with dates of entry into Mexico, boarding passes, pictures, (emails and letters, although they are secondary evidence). I’m sending them around 15 pictures this time, is that overdoing it? (because if they have pictures I have over 300 of my fiancé and myself. What should I do??? I am going crazy sorry guys, it’s just that I have been with my fiancé since July 2001, (and have known him since July 1999), how can they possibly think we do not have a valid relationship!! I am so mad right now! :angry:

Sorry to hear about this RFE, sure sounds like you got a blockhead dealing with your petition... But, send in even more evidence and keep your fingers crossed, at least you know someone is working on your application! Good luck! :thumbs:

The 3 questions that's asked of you are quite interesting to me.

I get the feeling the adjudicator is trying to trip you up. I get the sense that s/he is trying to get you to send in evidence which will show that your SO was in the US--most likely illegally--with you. Being from Mexico, it would not be easy for him to enter the US legally.

I don't want the details--whether he has or has not been in the US illegally--but do NOT send them any evidence which would show that he's been in the US with you. I'm certain they'll deny you if you presented evidence which showed he was in the US with you. And of course this doesn't apply to Europeans, but it would definitely apply to a beneficiary from Mexico.

Good luck!

I finally received my RFE. I don’t know why it took an entire week to receive my RFE in the mail when I only live about 40 miles from CSC, but anyway . . . Well, they are asking for more evidence and also sent me the IMBRA questions. I submitted much evidence with my petition, and I honestly think they lost it, I cannot believe it. I had labeled everything for them nice and easy, with a COVER LETTER for the evidence and they want more. Oh yeah, not to mention that I submitted the new I-129F with IMBRA INCLUDED.

Okay, so here’s what the letter says they want. I need your guys input, please. They want 3 things.

1) Meeting in person: The petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person within the 2 year period prior to the filing of this petition. Please submit photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. Blah blah blah, HELLO I SUBMITTED PLENTY OF DATED PICTURES

2) Last meeting: The petitioner and the beneficiary must have met in person between June 2004 and June 2006 (I filed in June 2006). Submit evidence of meeting the beneficiary in person within the 2 year period preceding the filing of the petition.

3) Circumstance of the meeting: Submit information regarding the circumstances under which the petitioner and beneficiary met to establish the relationship. I WROTE ABOUT ¾ OF A PAGE, WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?

What do you guys think? What else do they want from me? What else should I submit. I had originally sent them passport stamps with dates of entry into Mexico, boarding passes, pictures, (emails and letters, although they are secondary evidence). I’m sending them around 15 pictures this time, is that overdoing it? (because if they have pictures I have over 300 of my fiancé and myself. What should I do??? I am going crazy sorry guys, it’s just that I have been with my fiancé since July 2001, (and have known him since July 1999), how can they possibly think we do not have a valid relationship!! I am so mad right now! :angry:

He has not been in the U.S. illegally, he hasn't even been to the U.S. since we were together. THe last time he came to the U.S. was in 1995 on a tourist visa with his parents (he was 12 years old back then). Whatever it is they are trying to do, is terrible and they don't scare me because I know that our relationship is a valid one, it just makes me sad that I have to wait longer to be with my baby.

The 3 questions that's asked of you are quite interesting to me.

I get the feeling the adjudicator is trying to trip you up. I get the sense that s/he is trying to get you to send in evidence which will show that your SO was in the US--most likely illegally--with you. Being from Mexico, it would not be easy for him to enter the US legally.

I don't want the details--whether he has or has not been in the US illegally--but do NOT send them any evidence which would show that he's been in the US with you. I'm certain they'll deny you if you presented evidence which showed he was in the US with you. And of course this doesn't apply to Europeans, but it would definitely apply to a beneficiary from Mexico.

Good luck!

As far as I can tell you're totally implying he was in the US illegally.

If they had been together in the US, him being legal as she said, there would be no problem in presenting that as a proof of meeting. They could never deny them based on that as she would also have proof that he entered and left the country legally.

To the OP, good luck on choosing the right proof to send. You'll be fine, just follow the advice we always read here... send them enough proof to create a good and solid picture in the adjucator's mind. We'll be here to help. :star:

I'm sorry to hear that. What about hotel receipts, ATM withdrawals, restaurant receipts? As for pictures - just send more, perhaps 30?

I feel awful for you but now that answers the question in my mind about the RFE I just received which was only for IMBRA - I wondered if they would send a separate RFE for anything else or if they would include it all together.

Hang in there. When you return the RFE, I'd include a cover letter listing what evidence you've included and reaffirming what evidence you had sent in earlier.

I just realized something when I had called the USCIS. There is a prompt to select if you've received a request for further evidence and need furher instruction. If you listen carefully to the choices, you will be placed on hold to speak with a representative. Once you get a live person on the phone, ask them pointedly if they have the evidence you sent them. If they cannot answer that question, then I'd follow Mew's advice and resend what you already sent for evidence (in case it was lost) but include more photos and as I mentioned, hotel receipts, ATM withdrawals, restaurant receipts.

Don't worry. I think lots of people are getting RFE's for stupid stuff. lol We're getting an RFE (not recieved it yet after a week) and have no clue why because we used the new (IMBRA included) form and submitted tons of stuff which clearly state that we have met this year.

I got the same thing. At least it all came in a single RFE. Mine was for IMBRA and "Last Meeting" evidence. I organized all the docs (plane tix, passport stamps, hotel receipts, travel itineraries, hotel ID cards and another 6 photos together with dates on the back) numbered each page so that it crossed referenced to info on my cover letter. That way it could be EASILY found by the Officer.

This information was included in our original submission, but it was not well organized. USCIS would have had to do some page flipping and searching and make an educated guess as to what was what. Just resent everything the other day and it should arrive at CSC today. I'll see what happens next.

Confusion abounds in CSC. They may have lost your evidence, maybe not.

Don't worry about the IMBRA document, just fill it out.

Send more pics. But not too many, 5 would be adequate.

Did you provide passport photocopies with visa stamps, Airline tickets/stubs, atm receipts and banking statements or hotel receipts? They may have lost them, or felt they were inadequate.

Gather as much evidence as possible and return it. This RFE is just a bump in the road, that will not delay your case too much longer. Try not to over analyze the reasons for the RFE, just comply with the requirements and you will soon be celebrating approval.

Hey,

Sorry to hear about the RFE. I know it must be a pain for you.

It seems like they're focusing a lot on the 2-year thing. You said you've been with your fiance since 2001. Were most of the pictures you sent with your original packet dated before 2004? Maybe the stamps in the passport they looked at were prior to 2004 as well. Even if you included more recent photos and passport stamps, itineraries, etc., maybe the CO just glanced at the file, saw several pieces of proof that were dated prior to the 2-year mark, and issued the RFE without looking at your whole file and seeing that you had evidence of a more recent meeting.

I would send several dated photos, ticket stubs, photocopies of the stamps in your passport, etc., dated from 2004 and later with this RFE, in addition to some kind of letter outlining the recent visits, and maybe a letter from a friend or family member who went with you (if applicable) noting the dates of the trip, and I would not bother sending in anything dated earlier than 2004, so as not to confuse the officers (which seems to be easy to do).

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.