MarienDavid4life

Wedding ceremony here in the philippines

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI everyone,

Does any of you guys thought about having a wedding ceremony with your fiance at your own country first before leaving, after getting your K1 visa? Is that possible? Me and my beloved Fiance thought about doing it...

HI everyone,

Does any of you guys thought about having a wedding ceremony with your fiance at your own country first before leaving, after getting your K1 visa? Is that possible? Me and my beloved Fiance thought about doing it...

A K-1/Fiance visa is just for that...a fiance visa...K-1/Fiance visa is a single entry visa...meaning...you must get married within 90 days upon entering the USA with a K-1/Fiance visa...if you get married in PI prior to you entering the USA...you are not a fiance anymore...you are married now...hence, you have to start over and file for a CR-1/Spousal visa. I don't think you want to do that!

My suggestion is go to the USA, get married via civil ceremony, save some $$$, go back to PI at a later date and have a wedding ceremony.

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

HI everyone,

Are you talking about getting legally married in 'Pinas?

Or, are you talking about an unofficial wedding ceremony where there is no paperwork involved and where you are not getting legally married?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Or, are you talking about an unofficial wedding ceremony where there is no paperwork involved and where you are not getting legally married?

married is married.. is there really a differnce.. why take the chance.. you know how the K1 works..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

Are you talking about getting legally married in 'Pinas?

Yes yes that's right! unofficial wedding ceremony that's it no paper works just the ceremony and reception...

married is married.. is there really a differnce.. why take the chance.. you know how the K1 works..

They aren't getting married in 'Pinas. Yes, there is a difference. What chance? Yes, I know how a K-1 works.

Yes yes that's right! unofficial wedding ceremony that's it no paper works just the ceremony and reception...

You'll be fine. Your family will enjoy it and have an opportunity to give you their blessing. It's a great way to celebrate sending you and your sweetheart off to the U.S. :thumbs:

If you have the celebration before your interview at the Embassy, just remember not to refer to your fiancé as your husband. :o:P

Filed: Timeline

I see, bcoz I can relate on your concern MarienDavid. Im confused also bout this if we wanted to have an unofficial ceremony without any legal contract signatures esp.me, I'm a muslim woman and we are planning to file for k1 visa and we will have our engagement party and planning to have our traditional muslim wedding, just to have the blessings of my family, then once inshaallah we'll be approved, after marrying in US, we will return to Phils to do the big wedding. Is it not a problem VJ members? Need help too.. Thank you

I see, bcoz I can relate on your concern MarienDavid. Im confused also bout this if we wanted to have an unofficial ceremony without any legal contract signatures esp.me, I'm a muslim woman and we are planning to file for k1 visa and we will have our engagement party and planning to have our traditional muslim wedding, just to have the blessings of my family, then once inshaallah we'll be approved, after marrying in US, we will return to Phils to do the big wedding. Is it not a problem VJ members? Need help too.. Thank you

It's no problem if you get legally married in the U.S. and then have an unofficial wedding ceremony in 'Pinas. :thumbs:

It's no problem if you get legally married in the U.S. and then have an unofficial wedding ceremony in 'Pinas. :thumbs:

This is very bad advice. In some countries, there is no such thing as a "non-official" wedding ceremony, and even a wedding with no "paperwork" makes you legally married. Any wedding ceremony can make you ineligible for a K-1 visa. There have been many stories on this board of people who were denied K-1 visas after having "non-official" wedding ceremonies. There are also stories in the news of people who married in the foreign country after getting the K-1 visa and before entering the US and who were deported and banned for life for lying.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is very bad advice. In some countries, there is no such thing as a "non-official" wedding ceremony, and even a wedding with no "paperwork" makes you legally married. Any wedding ceremony can make you ineligible for a K-1 visa. There have been many stories on this board of people who were denied K-1 visas after having "non-official" wedding ceremonies. There are also stories in the news of people who married in the foreign country after getting the K-1 visa and before entering the US and who were deported and banned for life for lying.

I think the previous post before your's was stating OFFICIAL wedding here in U.S. then once the time is right, go celebrate back in the home country.

All the advice I've heard is do NOTHING like a wedding before getting legally married and documented in the U.S. because it can be misleading at the time of the interview. THEN later on, go to the home country and celebrate.

:unsure::unsure:

“If puss and dog can get together, why cant we love one another?"

06/15/11: MAILED I-129F, ''fiancé visa'', petition to marry foreign born fiancé 3 months after landing in U.S.
06/22/11: CHECK CASHED! CASE MOVING FROM TEXAS TO CALI SERVICE CENTER (CSC)
06/25/11: NOA1, letter dated 6/20/11 from CSC
07/18/11: "TOUCH"
10/27/11: NOA2!! 129 DAYS
11/12/11: NVC Receives Petition
12/02/11: Kingston receives case from NVC.. Packet 3 never received. Request via email, more than one email sent.
12/19/11: Email Reply from Kingston with PACKET 4 and INTERVIEW DATE
12/23/11: MEDICAL APPOINTMENT KINGSTON
01/12/12: INTERVIEW KINGSTON 9:00am! **APPROVED!!!*
01/24/12: PICK UP VISA @ KINGSTON
01/26/12: POE @ ATL
02/21/12: MARRIED!!
04/17/12: Sent AOS, EAD & AP- Adjustment of status to "Conditional Permanent Resident'', Authorization to begin work, and Advance Parole (to travel outside U.S. while green card processes)
04/20/12: NOA1 I-485, I-765, I-131
05/11/12: Biometrics notice for appointment
05/23//12: Case transferred to CSC
06/08/12: Biometrics appointment
06/18/12: I-765 Approved & Green Card Production begins
06/23/12: EAD card and A.P. approval
01/05/13: I-485 APPROVAL text/email, Green card has been sent
01/11/13: Green Card arrives

09/22/14: Send in ROC for ten year green card

12/19/14: Green Card Expires, File for Removal of Conditions no earlier than 09/19/2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

so is it ok.. to have UNoffical Sex..!? cuz its not really sex if there is not paperwork right/!

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

With the way people tend to answer questions under pressure do you really want to make the wrong answer from a moments notice with an immigration officer at your POE? Don't be crazy and even think about it. Have a celebration with family so if asked you can call it what it is a celebration of our relationship.

Timeline

I think the previous post before your's was stating OFFICIAL wedding here in U.S. then once the time is right, go celebrate back in the home country.

All the advice I've heard is do NOTHING like a wedding before getting legally married and documented in the U.S. because it can be misleading at the time of the interview. THEN later on, go to the home country and celebrate.

:unsure::unsure:

Right, so we both just decided not to do non official or whatever wedding ceremony here in the Philippines. Might consider it after 2 years its never too late. Thanks alot for all the advice guys....

Timeline

you'll be alright, you know in muslim traditional wedding there is no signing of papers and etc. i am Muslim too, there is a lot or almost everyone in mindanao has no marriage licence or marriage certificate, couples can only become married in Philippines government if they want to register their marriage, even my parents until now on their papers they are still singles, my mother is still single on the Philippine government so does my father lol! they are always thinking of registering their marriage but never did, till they divorced on Muslim side, maybe a lot of people think once you get married here in the Philippines on the Muslim side you are automatic married in the Philippine government, but nope. but once i get married with a US citizen in the US i am married both US, Philippines government and Muslim side :-) my fiance is a US citizen and a catholic but no big deal... i am willing to get married in catholic or Muslim side... :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.