MarienDavid4life

Wedding ceremony here in the philippines

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as your cenomar in Phil is clear thats what they go by. there have been girls there who thought they needed anullment from previous marriage only to find out it was never recorded. So from a legal standpoint they couldn't anull a marriage that never happened. But still better to fulfill the k1 first why take chances.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI everyone,

Does any of you guys thought about having a wedding ceremony with your fiance at your own country first before leaving, after getting your K1 visa? Is that possible? Me and my beloved Fiance thought about doing it...

I think it's commom to have an engagement ceremony, it's even a good time to take pics for the packet. As long as it's an engagement ceremony.

We plan to marry here in a small ceremony here in the states then we'll have a wedding in her faith when we go back.

Edited by Joandjo

I don't think that is possible. They usually require marriage license in the Philippines to hold ceremonies

Maybe they are hungry and just need a "snack." :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

... few days before we left the philippines, my fiance then (now husband) insisted that he would like to politely "take me away physically and temporarily" from loved ones (relatives and close friends)...

... so we decided to hold a pre-wedding reception ...

... had a little powerpoint presentation, a short program, and a simple dinner ...

... turned out to be so memorable ...

... depends on you how you would like it to be ...

good luck and congratulations...

AOS journey

31 March 2011 - Mailed thru USPS (AOS/EAD/AP)

03 April 2011 - NOA (AOS/EAD/AP)

18 April 2011 - successful walk-in biometrics

21 April 2011 - NOA (AOS transfer to CSC)

25 May 2011 - EAD/AP approved

04 June 2011 - EAD/AP combo card received

16 June 2011 - AOS/GC approved

22 June 2011 - GC received by mail

3r4r2ij8einw7.png

Filed: Timeline

so, we are on the same track, but mine is a muslim american citizen..well, will you do to have some muslim wedding traditions in Philippines sister? when will be your interview? if you dont mind, can u also tell me what the pre-screener or console will ask you as my guide for mine too inshaAllah... what muslim r u,i mean your tribe?

thanks for the VJ members who have there advise atleast to lessen my confusing mind regarding that matter.

so is it ok.. to have UNoffical Sex..!? cuz its not really sex if there is not paperwork right/!

:wow: You fill out paperwork every time before you have sex?!? :wacko:

That certainly would ruin the mood.

As long as your cenomar in Phil is clear thats what they go by.

^^^ Bingo !!! ^^^

No marriage license + no civil registry + no NSO + clean CENOMAR = K-1 approval.

Hey people...enough with the horror stories...the Philippines is not in the same league as, for example, an India or a Pakistan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.