Amerasians

89 posts in this topic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well no surprise to me that Angelica is Hapa, she looks like half white to me. But still the plight of Amerasians is still sad. Being Hapa myself, I feel for them, coz it is hard to be mixed, even growing up in Hawaii. It is strange that in PI, that the half white kids would be teased, coz ABS-CBN is practically the Half puti network.

Filed: Timeline

There lies the irony, no?

For all the seemingly "glorification" of half whites (not necessarily half Americans) in Philippine showbiz and beauty pageants, it is the opposite in the non showbiz life. I knew some half whites growing up in the Philippines and really, contrary to what "articles" say they are just like anyone else and treated like anyone else. However, when their backs are turned, some "full blooded" ones make not so nice comments, assumes this and that, worse of all to some "full blooded" these folks are "not Filipino" because they are only "half".

I even read an article that one Amerasian was denied Philippine passport because he didn't "look" Filipino. He was told by the DFA officer he should get US passport :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

I even read an article that one Amerasian was denied Philippine passport because he didn't "look" Filipino. He was told by the DFA officer he should get US passport :unsure:

Here is the original article (excerpts)

[...complaint was lodged by members of the Filipino American Movement for Amerasian Services (Famas) who claim that the DFA has been refusing to issue them passports despite their submission of authenticated birth certificates supporting their Filipino citizenship....]

[...Charles Otto Johnson Jr., a Famas member, said he had a job offer in a foreign cruise liner but the DFA refused to issue him a passport and he was unable to leave the country....]

[...''I was denied a Philippine passport because of my surname and my physical features,'' he said...]

[...Maurice Lopez-Bishop, a former officer of the Filipino-Americans Association in Angeles City, said other Amerasians had opted to get birth certificates using their mother's maiden name so that they could secure Filipino passports...]

I remember a cousin of mine who is a quarter Chinese but still bears a two letter Chinese surname was asked by the PRC for more "proof" of Filipino citizenship. Didn't specify which documents are needed to "prove" citizenship. :wacko:

http://www.newsflash.org/1999/05/ht/ht000773.htm

Edited by Kang

Filipino Amerasian

I cried and happy for this man to find his dad. :) I'm not an Amerasians but I grew up without a dad and I know the feeling.

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is why I have been donating to the Pearl S. Buck Foundation since 1984.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Another Filipino Amerasian Reunion

I always love this kind of story with happy ending..hope and pray it goes the same way to all Amerasians :thumbs:

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

May 10, 2010 - Touched

DSC00770.jpg

I have purchased a copy of "Left by the Ship" documentary film and it was very touching and glad of the awareness of the issue that it brought to us (both Filipinos and Americans) at the same time. While watching, hubby also shared to me his experience of what it was like to be in Navy at that time being stationed in Subic Bay.

May 10, 2010 - Touched

DSC00770.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.