Kang

Amerasians

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

and they got slaughtered :rofl:

Bad legal advice, as a non lawyer I would've advised to stay away from the monetary aspect and go for the "equal protection."

Just as you mentioned. Now they have no compensation of any kind, legal nor monetary.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Bad legal advice, as a non lawyer I would've advised to stay away from the monetary aspect and go for the "equal protection."

Just as you mentioned. Now they have no compensation of any kind, legal nor monetary.

I would do too. Money is nothing compared to identity.

But then again, what would the "hecktivists" gain if they went for equal protection? No "dole outs" for them, no share either.

It's about the $68 million in the 1993 case, not the kids.

:bonk:

Timeline

I would do too. Money is nothing compared to identity.

But then again, what would the "hecktivists" gain if they went for equal protection? No "dole outs" for them, no share either.

It's about the $68 million in the 1993 case, not the kids.

:bonk:

Correct! I'm sure the kids would have taken citizenship and the chance for a better life over money. It was the educated fools in charge and the lawyers that ran in the wrong direction with the ball. Shameful how greed will cloud judgement.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Correct! I'm sure the kids would have taken citizenship and the chance for a better life over money. It was the educated fools in charge and the lawyers that ran in the wrong direction with the ball. Shameful how greed will cloud judgement.

Especially in a country where the Blue Passport is the envy. :devil:

Kidding

Edited by Kang

Timeline

Especially in a country where the Blue Passport is the envy. :devil:

Kidding

No you're not kidding...:rofl: I agree with you, you see anybody excited to get into N. Korea? :lol::no:

Timeline

--- On Mon, 5/12/08, ACS InfoManila <ACSInfoManila@state.gov> wrote:

Subject: FW: FW: Yabut, Pinky - Citizenship Application

To: zip316j2ya@yahoo.com

Date: Monday, May 12, 2008, 2:59 AM

Mr. Edwards,

In the case of Pinky, the petition in superior court should have occurred before her 21st birthday. Petitioning her now could no longer constitute legitimation since she already reached the age of 21. If you want to undergo DNA test to prove that she is your daughter, you may do so. However, positive results of DNA would not help resolve the legal issues between you and Pinky, for purposes of derivative citizenship.

Sincerely,

Bradley G. Wilde

Consul

American Citizen Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 6:08 PM

To: ACS InfoManila

Subject: Re: FW: Yabut, Pinky - Citizenship Application

Hi Mr. Wilde,

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. What recourse would I have now , am I still able to petition a superior court judge for legitimation for Pinky now . As to DNA although it wound not establish legal relationship wouldnt it prove paternity and then I could petition the court for a legal relationship and American citizenship for Pinky? Thanks for any assistance from you and your office.

Psalm 55:22

MAY GOD BLESS YOU

http://AmerasiansLookingTheirRoots.bravehost.com

--- On Mon, 5/5/08, ACS InfoManila <ACSInfoManila@state.gov> wrote:

Subject: FW: Yabut, Pinky - Citizenship Application

Date: Monday, May 5, 2008, 1:54 AM

May 5, 2008

Dear Mr. Edwards:

I refer to your letter dated April 17, 2008 regarding the United States citizenship claim of Pinky Yabut (DPOB: March 28, 1975, Philippines).

Pinky Yabut’s application for derivative U.S. citizenship was disapproved under Section 301(a)(7) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as made applicable under Section 309(a) of the same Act. The reason for the disapproval is because she was not legitimated under Philippine or U.S. law. For purpose of derivative citizenship, DNA testing will not be helpful to establish a legal relationship. It only establishes biological relationship.

Under Philippine law, Pinky is not considered legitimated because you were never married to her mother. Under the U.S. law you did not meet the legitimation requirement of the state of North Carolina , your legal residence after Pinky’s birth and before her 21st birthday. In the state of North Carolina for legitimation occurs only if the father file a petition before a Superior Court in the North Carolina , which you did not do.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping for. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to write.

Sincerely,

Bradley G. Wilde

Consul

Why was your daughter denied citizenship? Do you care to share?

Was he aware? I dunno. The film was too stereotypical of the "prostitute" thing, IMO. James Erik, most of his cases, the father knew about the child and a good number even know their father's SSN.

What was his thoughts, by the way? When was he stationed?

I wish they included Clark AB too in the film, not just the Navy.

It was 1988 when he was stationed in Subic. Most of his experiences I find it quite hilarious. Most of the time, they had to go out in a group coz they were being told that going alone isn't safe at all. One time they went into a bar and local girls started talking to them, the girl that my husband was talking to looked very young and was the daughter of the bar owner (he didn't know at first), the father approached their table and asked if he wants to marry his daughter...LOL

I have multiple thoughts about the whole issue of the movie. It saddened both me and my husband how the film was presented. Reality wise, some of those service men had a serious relationship with women who were not sex workers but for some reason that we don't know and not for us to judge, lost communications with each other after the Base was closed.

Although almost at the end of the movie they showed few White Amerasians too but I wish it was presented clearly on the movie why the 4 stories only evolved on black Amerasians? I kinda understand that probably they tried to portray the struggles of the black amerasians to fit in in Filipino society or in any society in general. For a country that is deeply rooted from Hispanic values and beliefs, ..."the whiter you are the prettier you are..." When you are an illegitimate child of white father you don't get the same criticism as of those child with black father.

In the case of Margarita, I think what the director implied is the cause and effect of the situation. MAYBE if Margarita's grandpa didn't abandoned her dad (just an assumption since it wasn't specified in the film) they should have a better life? Just a thought...

I wish the director and Robert (the journalist in the film) has blog of where they can answer all our questions. :)

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Timeline

Basically, it's legal technicalities :bonk:

Correct...the ole 'legal gotcha' when you have no idea of how to proceed or start the process.

Timeline

It was 1988 when he was stationed in Subic. Most of his experiences I find it quite hilarious. Most of the time, they had to go out in a group coz they were being told that going alone isn't safe at all. One time they went into a bar and local girls started talking to them, the girl that my husband was talking to looked very young and was the daughter of the bar owner (he didn't know at first), the father approached their table and asked if he wants to marry his daughter...LOL

I have multiple thoughts about the whole issue of the movie. It saddened both me and my husband how the film was presented. Reality wise, some of those service men had a serious relationship with women who were not sex workers but for some reason that we don't know and not for us to judge, lost communications with each other after the Base was closed.

Although almost at the end of the movie they showed few White Amerasians too but I wish it was presented clearly on the movie why the 4 stories only evolved on black Amerasians? I kinda understand that probably they tried to portray the struggles of the black amerasians to fit in in Filipino society or in any society in general. For a country that is deeply rooted from Hispanic values and beliefs, ..."the whiter you are the prettier you are..." When you are an illegitimate child of white father you don't get the same criticism as of those child with black father.

In the case of Margarita, I think what the director implied is the cause and effect of the situation. MAYBE if Margarita's grandpa didn't abandoned her dad (just an assumption since it wasn't specified in the film) they should have a better life? Just a thought...

I wish the director and Robert (the journalist in the film) has blog of where they can answer all our questions. :)

Ok, I'm confused. When was your husband talking to a young girl in a bar...I guess I missed something.

I flew into Clark AFB many times for a vacation from Okinawa, I could have married many times. At the time, being a young man, I had no idea the significance of the many proposals, now I certainly understand. And you're correct, many of those relationships were very loving and committed relationships with Pinays that had no connections to bars or prostitution.

Timeline

--- On Mon, 5/12/08, ACS InfoManila <ACSInfoManila@state.gov> wrote:

Subject: FW: FW: Yabut, Pinky - Citizenship Application

Date: Monday, May 12, 2008, 2:59 AM

Mr. Edwards,

In the case of Pinky, the petition in superior court should have occurred before her 21st birthday. Petitioning her now could no longer constitute legitimation since she already reached the age of 21. If you want to undergo DNA test to prove that she is your daughter, you may do so. However, positive results of DNA would not help resolve the legal issues between you and Pinky, for purposes of derivative citizenship.

Sincerely,

Bradley G. Wilde

Consul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 6:08 PM

To: ACS InfoManila

Subject: Re: FW: Yabut, Pinky - Citizenship Application

Hi Mr. Wilde,

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it. What recourse would I have now , am I still able to petition a superior court judge for legitimation for Pinky now . As to DNA although it wound not establish legal relationship wouldnt it prove paternity and then I could petition the court for a legal relationship and American citizenship for Pinky? Thanks for any assistance from you and your office.

Psalm 55:22

MAY GOD BLESS YOU

http://AmerasiansLoo...s.bravehost.com

--- On Mon, 5/5/08, ACS InfoManila <ACSInfoManila@state.gov> wrote:

Subject: FW: Yabut, Pinky - Citizenship Application

Date: Monday, May 5, 2008, 1:54 AM

May 5, 2008

Dear Mr. Edwards:

I refer to your letter dated April 17, 2008 regarding the United States citizenship claim of Pinky Yabut (DPOB: March 28, 1975, Philippines).

Pinky Yabut's application for derivative U.S. citizenship was disapproved under Section 301(a)(7) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as made applicable under Section 309(a) of the same Act. The reason for the disapproval is because she was not legitimated under Philippine or U.S. law. For purpose of derivative citizenship, DNA testing will not be helpful to establish a legal relationship. It only establishes biological relationship.

Under Philippine law, Pinky is not considered legitimated because you were never married to her mother. Under the U.S. law you did not meet the legitimation requirement of the state of North Carolina , your legal residence after Pinky's birth and before her 21st birthday. In the state of North Carolina for legitimation occurs only if the father file a petition before a Superior Court in the North Carolina , which you did not do.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping for. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to write.

Sincerely,

Bradley G. Wilde

Consul

Wow, sad that families have to remain apart because of governmental technicalities, no allowance for extenuating circumstances.

Sorry this happened to you.

Timeline

Digressing a bit, I wonder how the servicemen have fared in distinguishing the real women from the.... "bennie boys" :rofl:

Not sure if I wanna touch that one...LOL! You know, I learned with my time in country, to look for the things that did not seem right. If a wanna be Pinay appears to be too perfect, better proportioned, very thin nose, near perfect face structure... something just AIN't (using my bad grammer) then you run. The hands and the feet usually do not lie.:no:

Ok, I'm confused. When was your husband talking to a young girl in a bar...I guess I missed something.

What sweetpink has shared is true with some Filipino families (sadly) especially those who come from the lower strata. Some families see "marrying out" as their answer to poverty (hence "pimping" their daughters to foreigners -- not necessarily westerners, but usually to people from developed countries) or as "elevating their social status". Not all are, but there are families that are like that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.