brtlmj

"Organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society or similar group"...

10 posts in this topic

The wording of this question in the I-485 used to be "...political organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society or similar group...". Now the "political" part is gone. Does it mean that I have to list my membership in a photo, judo, ham radio clubs and possibly several others ? :o

Thanks !

Bartek

I asked myself the same question when I was filling the forms. I've been in cinema clubs, aikido federations, basketball association, cultural associations and so on.... You'll never have enough room for everything. Just pick up two or three important ones. I mean who cares if you were in judo club or photo club? I don't think it's the kind of info they're looking for. You see what I mean? ;)

K1

May 21st 2006: Entered the USA on a K1 visa

July 2nd 2006: Marriage ceremony

Oct 10th 2006:Received Green Card

REMOVING CONDITIONS

August 12th 2008: Sent I 751 to CSC

Dec 5th 2008: Green Card in the mail

NATURALIZATION

Dec 4th: Sent N 400

March 18th: Interview

May 24th 2011: Oath in Minneapolis. Journey is over.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As dumb as it seems, I just researched this recently for the DAH's naturalization application. Legal opinion is that you *do* include all those organizations.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

As dumb as it seems, I just researched this recently for the DAH's naturalization application. Legal opinion is that you *do* include all those organizations.

Then that's really dumb....

K1

May 21st 2006: Entered the USA on a K1 visa

July 2nd 2006: Marriage ceremony

Oct 10th 2006:Received Green Card

REMOVING CONDITIONS

August 12th 2008: Sent I 751 to CSC

Dec 5th 2008: Green Card in the mail

NATURALIZATION

Dec 4th: Sent N 400

March 18th: Interview

May 24th 2011: Oath in Minneapolis. Journey is over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks to Bush, now big brothers got more legal tools to nose in your business in the name of Security! If this is true... then my "quitting the gym" is a good reason why :) hahahaha no more member of LA Fitness, get dumb-fat-and-happy!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehehe I know - I listed all of my community and political involvement going back to all my adult life - and I was in my late 40s at the time. It took 2 whole extra page since I was active in a lot of volunteer and charitable organizations as well as a few political. I figured if they really wanted to read about those dry dates and details fostering abandoned animals, fundraising for humane societies, door knocking for election campaigns, and making up the programs for the historical society, helping ouyt in community theatre on stage and off, demonstrating crafts at various historic sites and museum, re-enacting the War of 1812, and taking minutes for a whole slew of organizations - well, who was I to tell them differently. I just made sure it was very complete and accurate - if I had to write it then I wanted them to have to take the time to read it. It would have been a lot easier just to include my resume rather than transferring all of the information, but they didn't give that option.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Thanks to Bush, now big brothers got more legal tools to nose in your business in the name of Security! If this is true... then my "quitting the gym" is a good reason why :) hahahaha no more member of LA Fitness, get dumb-fat-and-happy!

heheheh.. I like the way you think!

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: Timeline

Kweli,

Is it really all that dumb? Many of the entities that are our enemies today are not governments run by political organizations, as they were in the past, they are amorphous, non-state entities that garner much of their financing through seemingly innocuous non-political social and charitable organizations. Sure, people who are knowingly involved in such organizations and activities will lie by omission, but if caught the lie on a sworn statement will be one more mechanism by which they can be prosecuted.

I agree that the Bush administration is going overboard in some areas and many of their actions, even when clearly legal, fail the cost-benefit test. I fear that Osama and others like him will accomplish their ultimate objective by goading us into spending ourselves into poverty.

Yodrak

Then that's really dumb....

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

I want to ammend this answer as I never actually found any official links that stated so. The above is *my conclusion* after what I read, including legal opinions. And asking the DD of my local office.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Thanks everybody! I decided to simply list all the clubs I could remember, but without elaborating on their character or providing precise dates (it would take me a lot of digging to find them!). Chances are good that it will be enough :)

...and many of their actions, even when clearly legal, fail the cost-benefit test. I fear that Osama and others like him will accomplish their ultimate objective by goading us into spending ourselves into poverty.

My thoughts exactly.

Bartek

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.