Sign in to follow this  
LaGreenEyes

Interview Tuesday

11 posts in this topic

our AOS interview is finally here..on Tuesday and now I'm freaking out checking and rechecking everything...someone posted what they had to do for a non DORA appt. in Dallas and it seemed relatively easy..the only thing we don't really have is a history of joint bank account because we JUST opened one last week. My husband still isn't working so since I am paying all the bills I just left my account in my name. Also I was wondering if we have to redo the I-864 and get it notarised and all that again. On the appt letter it says bring one if not already submitted..but obviously it was submitted in Feb...we do have all the supporting information, like my tax documents and pay stubs.

Thanks so much!

hi, our interview is on monday and we are also wondering if we have to redo the I-864 and get it notarized and all the papers for it. we sumitted the originals (w2 and 1040s) and i dont know why we did not take copies of them or maybe we did but we dont remember where we put them.

our AOS interview is finally here..on Tuesday and now I'm freaking out checking and rechecking everything...someone posted what they had to do for a non DORA appt. in Dallas and it seemed relatively easy..the only thing we don't really have is a history of joint bank account because we JUST opened one last week. My husband still isn't working so since I am paying all the bills I just left my account in my name. Also I was wondering if we have to redo the I-864 and get it notarised and all that again. On the appt letter it says bring one if not already submitted..but obviously it was submitted in Feb...we do have all the supporting information, like my tax documents and pay stubs.

Thanks so much!

Don't worry if the notice says (unless already submitted). My notice had the same thing, and I only submitted the Fed tax returns (not w-2s)! I had the w-2s ready for the interview but the officer did not ask for it.

As for the joint account, my husband (USC) added my name to his existing accounts and we had the bank issue us a letter stating that both of us are the account holders and the account has been existence since <insert date that my husband opened the account>. The officer did not ask for bank statements and appeared to be happy with that piece of evidence.

P/S: My timeline is under my husband's userid Miwa.

Bring as much as you can, even if it was 'previously submitted'. It's better to be safe than sorry.

The new I-864ez form does not need to be notarized, I'm pretty sure the new I-864 form doesn't either.

My husband's interview is Tuesday as well. I promised myself I wouldn't get nervous, as there is no reason for him not to be approved, but I am! My main worry is also with the I-864. I submitted one originally, then we got an RFE asking for a co-sponsor, so we resubmitted the new I-864 form with a co-sponsor. We just had a baby 2 weeks ago and I am no longer working- I'm not sure if I should re-do the I-864 form again showing me n ot working anymore and that we have another person in our home? My husband is working and we also have our co-sponsor, so it's not like we aren't meeting the poverty limits. I also have to now go down to my local county clerks office and get a certified copy of my divorce papers as I can't find them anywhere. I have lots of regular copies, but not a certified copy. How sick am I of dragging my ex-husband everywhere with me throughout this ridiculously frustrating process!

Well, good luck for your interviews on Monday and Tuesday- hopefully we'll all be fine and can forget about this whole immigration stuff for awhile!

I didn't get another I864 done and the interviewer asked if any info had changed; I told him none except for a small raise and that was the end of the I864. We had taken about 12-15 pictures and he didn't even open the envelope containing the pictures - (handed it back to me.)

So, don't worry about it

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.