Sign in to follow this  
1daysoon

AOS interview canceled

11 posts in this topic

Well I have found out why our interview has been canceled . The USCIS have pulled alot of staff in to get some of the back log of " immigrants (illegal)" cleared :angry: . With the office that we are going through being so small that has left them with approx none to do the interviews of people that are trying to do this legally and paying for it also. :(

So Im sorry if this sounds like I am whinning but I am just a lil fed up with the situation. I have been told to give them till the end of the month to see if they can get me a date. I we hear nothing I will be making an info pass and try to get things moving we are now into our 286th day and I would love to get this part over with .

Has anyone elase had interviews canceled

Ange

I can appreciate your frustration at having your interview cancelled. I am also curious to understand how this has happened because of some sort of interview process for " illegals". The new immigration law never made it past the Senate so I can't imagine why they would have taken your time to interview " illegals "

I think you may be confused about the reason your interview has been delayed. There is no new law or staute that would cause your case to be held up while they clear illegal immigrants through the USCIS.

Our interview was cancelled for December 2005 which was already 11 months after our AOS application. We finally got a new interview date on August 1st 2006. We did the infopass appointment to find out what had happened to cause our interview to be cancelled and we were told that our file had not made it to the Atlanta office from wherever. Now we are getting ready for another infopass appointment on Friday next week to see if we can find out what is happening with our case. I have read on here that lots of people get a cancelled interview date for all kinds of reasons and then finally get a new interview date. Your timeline doesn't look that long so relax and it will all happen.

Good luck,

Debby

There currently are no amnesty programs - that what a person adjusting from illegeal status would use. Furthermore, the last wave of 1994 had to go through.

The comment about "illegal immigrants" could've been used to generate support for republicans in the upcoming elections.

In reality, people go vacations, get sick, some of caseload gets transfered from one office to another. Additional fiance records check ( IMBRA ) could've generate backlogs.

Anywasy, blaming illegal immigrants for longer processing delays is unfounded.

I don't recall where I read it on these forums but there was an interesting article within the last two monthds that explained how the workload is determined at USCIS offices. If there is a large area with a lacklog - such as certain types of employment visas - then staff receive work orders to focus exclusively on these until the backlog is reduced. There is also a list of priorities I saw about 2 years ago that showed employment based visas are on the highest priority, then down the list to family based visas with fiance and AOS files being relatively low on the priority list. I suspect that is what has happened - all of the staff have been pulled and are focusing on a big push to clear up a backlog in another area of legal immigration. The immigration year for employment ends September 30 and a new one starts October 1 so they may well be focusing in getting finished up with work left over from this employment visa year so they can start with next years in just over a week.

That Republican comment is hilarious.

Most of the illegals that I have known stay about as far away from a USCIS office as they can.

There currently are no amnesty programs - that what a person adjusting from illegeal status would use. Furthermore, the last wave of 1994 had to go through.

The comment about "illegal immigrants" could've been used to generate support for republicans in the upcoming elections.

In reality, people go vacations, get sick, some of caseload gets transfered from one office to another. Additional fiance records check ( IMBRA ) could've generate backlogs.

Anywasy, blaming illegal immigrants for longer processing delays is unfounded.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.