Sign in to follow this  
MairzyDoats

NOA1 received

12 posts in this topic

I received a snail mail Notice of Action today, Notice Type: Receipt. I have an account at the status page now and can keep track of things. YAY! :P

I have a question about updating my timeline here on the VJ forums: the notice date on the form I-797C NOA is September 15. Do I put that into my timeline or today, September 21, the day I actually received the mail?

Also, I didn't get an email, just a snail mail.

Oh yeah the paper says it was received on the 15th but when I logged in it said last activity was Sept 19. Is that a "touch?"

We mailed the application for K1 three weeks ago and haven't heard back anything yet, only that the package was received at the service center. Is this normal that it takes so long before receiving the NO1?

We mailed the application for K1 three weeks ago and haven't heard back anything yet, only that the package was received at the service center. Is this normal that it takes so long before receiving the NO1?

Thanks everyone!:)

My check was cashed 9/21/06 (yesterday.) That's the date stamped on the back of the check. I bank online and they already had the image of the check in their system this morning:)

Some people get the NOA1 a day or two after the service center receives the package so I was even worried. Someone told me to wait at least 10-14 days before worrying about it. Someone else has been waiting 6 weeks for theirs...I'm not sure why there's such a big difference. I would check more of the boards here on it since I'm pretty new and there are others who are more educated about these things than me. Good luck:)

Notice Date is your NOA1 Date. :)

Congrats! Welcome to the "Sit-and-Wait" Club.

And yes, that's a touch. :)

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

Sorry but I disagree. The posts that I read when I first received our NOA1 was the following:

Received Date=NOA1

Notice Date=Notice typed and sent

USCIS.GOV Date=Date entered into USCIS.GOV

It seems that many couples are getting approvals from CSC within 60 days with no touches other than there initial touch for the check being cashed. I pray this continues for all :thumbs:

Yea! Congrats...

Sounds similar to my situation. My application was received on a Sat (the 9th of Sept) so it wasn't delivered until the 11th. MY check was cashed on the 19th and I found the case # on the back of my check.

I used that to sign onto the USCIS site and found my NOA1 was actually from the day before. It was touched for 2 days but that was it - nothing yesterday or today but I'm still happy.

I'm waiting for my NOA1 in the mail.

Question: I asked checked the 'email on' button yet I don't receive emails. I verified a couple times that my email address is right. Is there something I can do to get email verifications whenever my case is updated?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.