Fouad

another stupid question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

so i was talking to my fiance and asked him for the family name (Amin) that i should put on the application and he gave me the name but then when he faxed me a copy of his passport it had a different name (Hassan). should i just put the last name as listed from the passport on the application as the last name or the name that he gave me - which does not seem to be anywhere else? also how do you list the 4 names that the ME/NA people have on the application? do you just list first name and then next 2 names as middle names? i am so confused. I am already to send the application out and then this happens.

thanks and sorry for the confusion... :unsure:

Our K-1 Time Line

04/2006 ~ met in downtown Cairo

~ spent the most amazing time together exploring the Western Desert and Cairo

5/2006 ~ returned home reluctantly

~spent the next months getting to know each other

9/2006 ~ decided to start filing K-1 visa

10/31/06 ~ sent via FedEx I-129F application to NSC

11/01/06 ~ NSC received K-1 application (signed by R. Pitcher @ 0900)

11/08/06 ~ NOA1 (thank god!!!)

11/09/06 ~ touched

11/13/06 ~ received NOA1 by snail mail from CSC

11/30/06 ~ touched

12/13/06 ~ touched

01/24/06 ~ NOA2 APPROVAL EMAIL!!!

01/27/07 ~ NOA2 received by snail mail

02/05/07 ~ Letter from NVC with case number

02/06/07 ~ Case left NVC on the way to Cairo

02/14/07 ~ Received Packet 3

02/25/07 ~ Medical exam done

03/09/07 ~ Sent Packet 3 to embassy

04/20/07 ~ Received Packet 4

04/29/07 ~ Interview completed, awaiting AP.....G-d be with us!

06/26/07 ~ Received THE call to send in passport for visa issuance

07/12/07 ~ VISA IN HAND!!!

07/23/07 ~ supposed to come but got denied in the airport because of stupidity

07/28/07 ~ ARRIVING IN SEATTLE....HOPEFULLY!!!

be the change you wish to see in the world... ~ Ghandi

so i was talking to my fiance and asked him for the family name (Amin) that i should put on the application and he gave me the name but then when he faxed me a copy of his passport it had a different name (Hassan). should i just put the last name as listed from the passport on the application as the last name or the name that he gave me - which does not seem to be anywhere else? also how do you list the 4 names that the ME/NA people have on the application? do you just list first name and then next 2 names as middle names? i am so confused. I am already to send the application out and then this happens.

hmm well if i were you i would call my fiancé and ask why there are two different "family names"... if that's not a possibility i guess i would use the one on the passport...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does his name on his passport match the name on his birth records? Because he will also need to use this name when he files an application at the embassy for his visa after the approval here in the states.

I can't answer the question regarding the 4 names, maybe one of the other women going through Egypt can.

I can tell you that the Department of State will be double checking the I129F / G-325A information and comparing it to his application for his interview at the embassy level...and it all had better match or they have a reason to return the entire file.

I hope someone else going through Egypt can answer your questions and ease your mind...better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are going to want to use the name that is on legal documents that they require. This will be birth certificates, passports, Indentification cards, divorce decrees. Hopefully they have all of the same information. Make sure to note all information is correct and matches. Birthdates, numbers, parents names, anything and everything. If they don't match it is important that you take the time to have your husband go to the correct authorities to get them all correct and matching.

Good luck!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not sure about the different last name things, but we listed all 5 of my husband's names on the form. However, when he came to the US and applied for a social security card, they made him pick 3. So, apply with whatever his birth certificate says, but be prepared to shorten it once he gets here.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

You have to be really careful about names and getting them correct. I would list the name that's on his passport and birth record like others have suggested. My husband has 5 names but we only used 3 on his petitions and applications. His first, middle (his father's name), and his last (family name).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

OK so what's with all the names anyhow? I mean I was gonna get him a backpack and have it monogrammed for his birthday but I'm like, geesh....which of those 5 initials do I put on there?

I joked with him and said, "ya know...by the time I say hi to everyone in your family it'll be time to leave!!" :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I think that I will take your advice and put his name down as listed on the passport. I have a copy of his birth certificate but it is all in arabic and have to get it translated into English before I am completely done with this name business. :blush:;)

Our K-1 Time Line

04/2006 ~ met in downtown Cairo

~ spent the most amazing time together exploring the Western Desert and Cairo

5/2006 ~ returned home reluctantly

~spent the next months getting to know each other

9/2006 ~ decided to start filing K-1 visa

10/31/06 ~ sent via FedEx I-129F application to NSC

11/01/06 ~ NSC received K-1 application (signed by R. Pitcher @ 0900)

11/08/06 ~ NOA1 (thank god!!!)

11/09/06 ~ touched

11/13/06 ~ received NOA1 by snail mail from CSC

11/30/06 ~ touched

12/13/06 ~ touched

01/24/06 ~ NOA2 APPROVAL EMAIL!!!

01/27/07 ~ NOA2 received by snail mail

02/05/07 ~ Letter from NVC with case number

02/06/07 ~ Case left NVC on the way to Cairo

02/14/07 ~ Received Packet 3

02/25/07 ~ Medical exam done

03/09/07 ~ Sent Packet 3 to embassy

04/20/07 ~ Received Packet 4

04/29/07 ~ Interview completed, awaiting AP.....G-d be with us!

06/26/07 ~ Received THE call to send in passport for visa issuance

07/12/07 ~ VISA IN HAND!!!

07/23/07 ~ supposed to come but got denied in the airport because of stupidity

07/28/07 ~ ARRIVING IN SEATTLE....HOPEFULLY!!!

be the change you wish to see in the world... ~ Ghandi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My fiance has 4 names too, the way I presented it was this way

Last Name (Family Name)

First Name

Middle Name (I put the 2 names in the middle as his middle name and it was no problem at all)

Also I would use whatever the name is on his passport. This is what he will be known as going forward, so if it was an error he needs to go have it corrected before filing. My fiances first name is spelled differently on his passport and he decided not to change it and we filed that way. So its just a personal decision you have to make. However it was only the spelling of his first name, not a whole different name. I think he should get that corrected. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OK so what's with all the names anyhow? I mean I was gonna get him a backpack and have it monogrammed for his birthday but I'm like, geesh....which of those 5 initials do I put on there?

Most names are first name, father's name, grandfather's name, great grandfather's name, etc, family name. So, however many ancestors names they want to put in, the name just continues to grow.

My husband chose to use his name, his father's name and his family name for purposes here.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

You have to be really careful about names and getting them correct. I would list the name that's on his passport and birth record like others have suggested. My husband has 5 names but we only used 3 on his petitions and applications. His first, middle (his father's name), and his last (family name).

Marlene has 2 last names. They let us put both on the SS card. Her last names became her middle names after we married and they let us put both middle names on the card when we had it updated.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh my goodness! 4 names........... My husband only has his first name and his last name. That is all that is listed on his birth certificate.

Lavon

Lavon USA

Othman MOROCCO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.