thefish

I-485 what address to use?

4 posts in this topic

OK so I am helping my new wife fill out the papers for the AOS and I am wondering what address we should use. I have my address for my apartment in Davis, CA where I am currently a senior engineering student and hope to stay on as a master’s student. I also have my parent’s permanent address where I spend a good amount of time like holidays and some weekends. The problem with the Davis address is that it will probably change once or twice in the next few years, while my parents address will stay the same.

We used our current address, as opposed to my husband's parents' address, since that is where we receive mail. Looking at other people's timelines, there doesn't always seem to be a lot of time between notices and appointments.

Hope that helps!

Timeline for Naturalization:

Day 1: Application delivered to AZ

Timeline for Removing Conditions:

Green card received 117 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Timeline for AOS:

Green card received 120 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Filed: Timeline

thefish,

Sounds like your parent's house is your 'permanent residence' while your apartment at school is a temporary residence.

Use whichever is likely to be the most reliable place to receive mailings from the USCIS for an uncertain period into the future, keeping in mind that the USCIS can be somewhat unreliable in updating address information.

Yodrak

OK so I am helping my new wife fill out the papers for the AOS and I am wondering what address we should use. I have my address for my apartment in Davis, CA where I am currently a senior engineering student and hope to stay on as a master's student. I also have my parent's permanent address where I spend a good amount of time like holidays and some weekends. The problem with the Davis address is that it will probably change once or twice in the next few years, while my parents address will stay the same.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would definitely use the parent's address if it is convenient for you to receive the mail in a timely fashion. I always use my parent's address for important stuff like that. My cousin once told me she needed to have an address book just for me because I move so much!

Good luck to you,

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.