joseph22

She's not here yet....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is probably a really dumb set of questions...but...

...I have spent so much time in the other forums...just leading up to our foreign consulate interview, and am just now beginning to grasp what to do once my fiance arrives...I was wondering, if someone could help me with a few basics I would like to understand to go forward with confidence....

First:

...If we file our EAD and AOS together, do they get approved separately?

...as in, will she likely get her EAD and be able to work while we wait for the AOS to finalize?

Second:

...What exactly does a biometrics entail? Is it just processing? fingerprints and such? or is it interview?

...Is there a separate biometric for EAD and AOS?

Third:

...When we have the AOS interview, we both go right? Thats when they confirm we have been legitimately married and all that? And then her greencard is good for 2 years right?...until she reaplies for a lift on that?

Finally:

...Assuming I got the above right...once she gets the first greencard, how long does it usually take for the next step...the more permanent residency to go through? I'm assuming under 2 years since the first runs out in that time....

I have been browsing through the timelines, and info here, and I 'THINK' I have a grasp, but if anyone could clarify very simply these questions, I would be very grateful...and ready to join you with the finer details and experience of our own case as it unrolls! THANKS SO MUCH!

Edited by joseph22

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
First:

...as in, will she likely get her EAD and be able to work while we wait for the AOS to finalize?

They get approved seperatly usualy EAD is first.

Yes can work once EAD is approved befor AOS.

Second:

...What exactly does a biometrics entail? Is it just processing? fingerprints and such? or is it interview?

...Is there a separate biometric for EAD and AOS?

Fingerprints and such.

NO separate.

Third:

...When we have the AOS interview, we both go right? Thats when they confirm we have been legitimately married and all that? And then her greencard is good for 2 years right?...until she reaplies for a lift on that?

Both go.

Finally:

...Assuming I got the above right...once she gets the first greencard, how long does it usually take for the next step...the more permanent residency to go through? I'm assuming under 2 years since the first runs out in that time....

A great souce of answers to your questions is the FAQ page here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html

Also you may want to update your profile with info like Immigration status, service center, country your fiance is coming from, local USCIS office you may be using... it helps others when understanding you situation. I had to look through your past posts to figure out you are doing a K1

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: Mongolia
Timeline

First:

...as in, will she likely get her EAD and be able to work while we wait for the OS to finalize?

...Yes, you will need to file EAD I-765 and AOS I-485 together, and they will get processed separately and once her EAD approved (usually within 90 days) she can legally work.

Second:

...Is there a separate biometric for EAD and A'S?

... Biometerics is a fingerprinting. EAD and AOS biometrics are separate, but they usually schedule it together. EAD is for one finger, and AOS is for all 10 fingers.

Third:

...For the AOS interview, you will go together. If approved and if you haven't been married for more than 2 years she will get conditional green card which is good for 2 years.

...Assuming I got the above right...once she gets the first greencard, how long does it usually take for the next step...the more permanent residency to go through? I'm assuming under 2 years since the first runs out in that time

...Next step usually takes 8-16 months so she gen get her permanent resident.

Timeline

Just having the info in your profile helps others when understanding you situation. It helps having this info below your member name at the left of the post.

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks very much everyone...this was very helpful.

I have updated some of my basic info.

I'm sure it will all get more and more detailed as we go further!

Sent in I-129F..................March 17th

NOA1 from CSC................March22

RFE recieved....................June 28th

RFE returned....................June 29th

RFE receipt by CSC ...........July 5th

Touched..........................July 26th

Touhced..........................July 27th

NOA2.............................July 31st...after 132 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 3 sent...................August 22nd

Medical...........................September 9th

Interview........................October 4th!!!!!!!

Timeline
Thanks very much everyone...this was very helpful.

I have updated some of my basic info.

I'm sure it will all get more and more detailed as we go further!

Glad we could help, and thanks for the update of the personal info! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.