elya

US Travel Docs - tracking your passport status online?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Both the automatic voice response system on the call center and the ustraveldocs web site state that you can track the status of your passport online after the interview:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-passportretrieve.asp

Passport Tracking Options

For your convenience, you have several options to choose from to track the location of your passport.

Online: You can track your passport online here.

Chat and Telephone: You can track your passport with the assistance of our call center via chat or telephone. The call center's contact information and a full description of our call center services, including hours of operation, can be found here.

The link takes you to the login page. Has anyone been able to actually find the option to track your passport after you log in? Or is this just one of the many things ustraveldocs is supposed to do but does not actually do?

Edited by elya

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The unfortunate thing is that the K-1, while technically a non immigrant visa (NIV), it is processed through the immigrant visa (IV) section of the consulate. ustraveldocs tracks NIV activity and IV separately, probably need to look in the IV section.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

i just heard about this as well because I applied for a passport on the 8th and today we received our interview notice for our AOS. I fear that I will not have my birth certificate back in time for the interview....

odjxjv.png

Dina and Craig's timeline:

08-27-2010 Met through a mutual friend

04-17-2011 Married

08-01-2011 AOS Packet sent (I-130,I-485,I-765) via USPS Priority mail

08-03-2011 Package delivered via USPS tracking

08-08-2011 Received Text/Email that all 3 apps were accepted/Checks cashed

09-06-2011 Biometrics Appt. in Philly

09-14-2011 RFE Sent for 485. I forgot to sign one section of the 485

09-21-2011 RFE Mailed back to USCIS

10-14-2011 Card production of EAD ordered

10-17-2011 Interview notice (I-797C) received for 11-16-2011

10-22-2011 EAD Card received

11-16-2011 APPROVED. Card Ordered, Passport Stamped.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.