malenpber

F2a interview / CSPA

20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My son is scheduled for interview at US embassy in Manila on Oct. 28, 2011; have paid all fees and undergone medical exam; I am still worried if he will get a visa denial as he is now 23 years old. Date of Birth: May 31, 1988; Priority Date: December 31, 2008; Approval Date is April 15, 2010. I believed that his case is supposed to be current last August, 2011 but due to retrogression, we just had his interview schedule just now. I am having sleepless night, worrying if the consulate will grant his visa or not. Please help.... is my child still qualify for cspa?

Filed: Timeline

My son is scheduled for interview at US embassy in Manila on Oct. 28, 2011; have paid all fees and undergone medical exam; I am still worried if he will get a visa denial as he is now 23 years old. Date of Birth: May 31, 1988; Priority Date: December 31, 2008; Approval Date is April 15, 2010. I believed that his case is supposed to be current last August, 2011 but due to retrogression, we just had his interview schedule just now. I am having sleepless night, worrying if the consulate will grant his visa or not. Please help.... is my child still qualify for cspa?

It took USCIS about 1 year, 4 months, and 15 days to approve the petition for your son. This means that he gets to retain the F2a category if his PD became current before he reached the age of 22 years, 4 months, and 15 days.

His PD became current in August 2010. It retrogressed on Jan. 1, 2011.

On August 1, 2010, your son's real age was 22 years, 3 months, and 1 day.

As long as he filed his DS-230 before Jan 1, 2011, when his PD retrogressed, his CSPA age was locked in as of August 1, 2010. This means he will be allowed to stay in the F2a category.

Edited by Jojo92122

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It took USCIS about 1 year, 4 months, and 15 days to approve the petition for your son. This means that he gets to retain the F2a category if his PD became current before he reached the age of 22 years, 4 months, and 15 days.

As long as he filed his DS-230 before Jan 1, 2011, when his PD retrogressed, his CSPA age was locked in as of August 1, 2010. This means he will be allowed to stay in the F2a category.

Wait, CSPA covers the retrogression scenario? Does it mean my age is locked too?

This would be great news, is it mentioned anywhere at travel.state.gov?

I-130 NOA1 (Priority Date): 2009-11-24

Wait, CSPA covers the retrogression scenario? Does it mean my age is locked too?

This would be great news, is it mentioned anywhere at travel.state.gov?

I don't know if your age is locked in because I don't know anything about your situation.

I can't recall the article off the top of my head. I've posted on this subject before, you can search my posts.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much for your response. At least, it gave me hope and not to worry too much! I will let you know what happens to his interview on Oct. 28.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for update - my son's visa got approved last Oct 28 - F2a category and he is already 23, at the time of interview. You were right. Jojo92122. thank you so much.

Congratulations!!!! Thank you for coming back to give us an update.

Your son is a very lucky man. If his PD had become current in Sep. 2010 instead of Aug. 2010, he would have aged out into the F2b category. One visa bulletin away from having to wait another 8 years.

Edited by Jojo92122

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My question is from jojo please tell me I will be fine or age out

My mom filed for my PD Nov 2009

Approved September 2010

Case complete march 16 2011

Date of birth June 19 1990

Plz tell me I sent my ds 230 is my age freez or not

My question is from jojo please tell me I will be fine or age out

My mom filed for my PD Nov 2009

Approved September 2010

Case complete march 16 2011

Date of birth June 19 1990

Plz tell me I sent my ds 230 is my age freez or not

Is your mother an LPR or US citizen? When did your PD become current? When did it retrogress? When did you file the DS-230? Has your PD become current again?

If you want a precise answer, you need to provide good information. What is your PD? When was the I-130 approved? (Your age is too close for me to guess. What are the exact dates? Don't just give the month and year.)

Timeline

My mom is green card holder

My PD is nov 29 2009

Uscis approved september 20 2010

I sent DS 230 in month of januray and my case complete at nvs on march 16 2011 with all the fees police certificate passport copy photos original birth certificate all that

But I have no idea about when my PD current or not all I know the above information and yes

My date of birth is June 19 1990

So plz tell me yeah I forgot to tell wheny case complte at NVC the operator told me wait for ten weeks and after that I didn't get anything

My mom is green card holder

My PD is nov 29 2009

Uscis approved september 20 2010

I sent DS 230 in month of januray and my case complete at nvs on march 16 2011 with all the fees police certificate passport copy photos original birth certificate all that

But I have no idea about when my PD current or not all I know the above information and yes

My date of birth is June 19 1990

So plz tell me yeah I forgot to tell wheny case complte at NVC the operator told me wait for ten weeks and after that I didn't get anything

It took USCIS about 9 months and 21 days to approve the I-130. This means that you have an extra 9 months and 21 days before you age out after turning 21 years old. You will age out if your PD is not current by the April 2012 Visa Bulletin.

Your PD became current in the Sept. 2010 VB. It retrogressed in the Jan. 2011 VB. It has not become current again.

Your age froze on Sept. 1, 2010. You will not age out.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your help its very relief but I am still confuse little bit about your answer u mentioned that my age froze on sep 1 2010 and then you saying if my PD did current by April 2012 I will be age out so what that mean God forbid if my PD didn't current by April 2012 so I can't get my visa under f2a so what about my age that froz on sep 2010 please tell me clearly thank you I need your help thank you so much jojo looking forward

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It took USCIS about 9 months and 21 days to approve the I-130. This means that you have an extra 9 months and 21 days before you age out after turning 21 years old. You will age out if your PD is not current by the April 2012 Visa Bulletin.

Your PD became current in the Sept. 2010 VB. It retrogressed in the Jan. 2011 VB. It has not become current again.

Your age froze on Sept. 1, 2010. You will not age out.

Are you sure about this? They said they sent the DS-230 in January, which means it was sent after the retrogression.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.