valentine

enqiuries

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my previous relationship K1 didn't work for some reason known to me (long story)

I left the U.S before my I-94 expires.I am in my home country now

I am now in my home country and I met a lady and she agreed to come to my home country to

marry.

Can difference pose a problem inthe next process.she is older than me we some years?

please I need your advice.

she is 43yrs and I am 33yrs, she has two children but never marry before.

Can this pose a red flagis the gap so much for marriage?

Is there any immigration law that can pose a hindranceto this process.

I appreciate your answers in advance.

thanx all.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

The age difference shouldn't be a problem. But I'm not sure you have to wait between visa applications for them not to be suspicious.

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Wow, that was quick. 45 days to find true love, again? What are your true intentions valentine?

Simply amazing.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=27103&hl=

I am now in my home country and I met a lady and she agreed to come to my home country to

marry.

Filed: Timeline

valentine,

I sense that you have bigger issues than a fiancee who is 10 years older than you.

Discuss your situation with a US immigration attorney to get an idea of what problems you may face.

Yodrak

my previous relationship K1 didn't work for some reason known to me (long story)

I left the U.S before my I-94 expires.I am in my home country now

marry.

Can difference pose a problem inthe next process.she is older than me we some years?

please I need your advice.

she is 43yrs and I am 33yrs, she has two children but never marry before.

Can this pose a red flagis the gap so much for marriage?

Is there any immigration law that can pose a hindranceto this process.

I appreciate your answers in advance.

thanx all.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Valetine i am glad you went home , but you do need to wait a while before you file again. Like Yodak said please speak to an immigration lawyer to see where you stand.

Good luck ( Iguess , makes me wonder what are your intentions you were just here serious about marrying your other fiancee, not my business)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No matter what your intentions are...they will be questioned. Think about how this looks...you came here on a K1 visa to break up soon after...then turn around to have a different woman file for a visa for you?

It is not my place to judge anyone, but speaking in terms of "I met a lady and she agreed to come to my home country to marry." does not shed a good light on your intentions at all. If your intention is to file for a visa only for the purpose of immigrating to the United States then I would like to personally thank you for making this process so much more difficult to for those of us who are in real relationships trying to be reunited with our loved ones.

If your intentions are true...you should wait a good amount of time, let this new relationship grow. You will need to address all of your possible red flags up front with the new petition when you file it. 10 years age difference is not a huge red flag, but it is for some countries. Speaking with an immigration attorney about all possible red flags is a must before filing again.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Valentine, the fact there is such a short turnaround from your last approved K-1 visa to your prospective next one of a K-3, in my opinion is a huge red flag, especially since the embassy you are dealing with is Lagos, Nigeria which has is widely known for its various 419 scams and pretend marriages to American women. No judgement on your true intentions of your quick decision to marry a new person who is 10 years your senior, but so far the odds are not in your favor. The best thing for you to do if you truly love this new person and wish to succesfully immigrate to the United States, is to have yourn new fiance first consult with an immigration attorney and for you to ask your peers there about their experiences with Lagos Embassy. Also, you may want to post in the Africa Forum to get more feedback on those that have been possibly denied on K visas.

In any event, good luck to you and hopefully, this time around, it will bring you a relationship filled with love and not just an opportunity to emigrate to the U.S.A. :blush:

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Which is clearly his intent. Let's be rational here. Who gets over the breakup with the love of their life and finds another within 45 days, to marry no less? Get real people.

In any event, good luck to you and hopefully, this time around, it will bring you a relationship filled with love and not just an opportunity to emigrate to the U.S.A. :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

William33, do not think that love is a requirement in this process.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Canuck Carrie,

Sadly, I know that. Then we wonder why all of our cases are so closely scrutinized.

It is about legitimizing the relationship in the eyes of the USCIS; and the Embassy beyond that. Then USCIS again.

Clearly not the case here.

William33, do not think that love is a requirement in this process.

Timeline

"Which is clearly his intent. Let's be rational here. Who gets over the breakup with the love of their life and finds another within 45 days, to marry no less? Get real people."

William33, I am not defending Valentine's actions to want to marry so quickly because people are going to do what they want regardless of what anybody else thinks which is quite obvious from what Valentine is planning on doing. "Let's be rational here"..., Obviously I was being "rational" in my response by giving an objective yet honest response while others tend to give a emotionally driven response based on trying to figure out each person's story by what little pieces of information they share on here. I refuse to take the approach of judging others on here based on what little information they chose to post.

Akata girl, to some extent your response is good and touching with an emotional tone. If i can recall this same valentine issue generated alot of controversies during his k-1 visa issues with his previous petitioner. But i will say because of his postings and actions there would be some innocent soul, marriage and relationships that would be affected. Let us stay true to what a genuine relationship would or should be. I'm of the opinion that this is like a game played by the so called valentine to elicit some responses us. Because i don't see anyone in the right frame of mind would post such a thing. He is probable making a fool of us all.

CHECK THIS WEBSITE OUT http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/newsreleases/ar...920santaana.htm AND SEE WHY GETTING IMMIGRATION BENEFITS FOR LOVE ONES WOULD BE DIFFICULT IF NOT CANCELLED IN THE DAYS AND YEARS TO COME.

Timeline
If i can recall this same valentine issue generated alot of controversies during his k-1 visa issues with his previous petitioner. But i will say because of his postings and actions there would be some innocent soul, marriage and relationships that would be affected. Let us stay true to what a genuine relationship would or should be. I'm of the opinion that this is like a game played by the so called valentine to elicit some responses us. Because i don't see anyone in the right frame of mind would post such a thing. He is probable making a fool of us all.

Angelic, I agree with you that sham marriages do affect those of us who are legitimately in love and chose to marry someone from another a country. They think that they are always getting over on the system in place and the government by taking such shortcuts but the Lagos Embassy is not an easy embassy to deal with. Valentine may hastily go ahead and marry this woman, but I seriously doubt that the Lagos Embassy will grant him the visa. If and when he does do this, he will have ruined his chances of coming to the U.S. and at that time, whose the "fool" then? Certainly not any of us who married for legitimate reasons.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.