w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Democratc Congressman Charles Rangel condemns Chavez - says a personal attack on Bush by a foreign head of state is an attack on all Americans

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

CONG. RANGEL CONDEMNS CHAVEZ'S ATTACK ON BUSH

WASHINGTON - I want to express my extreme displeasure with statements by the President of Venezuela attacking U.S. President George Bush in such a personal and disparaging way during his remarks at the United Nations General Assembly.

It should be clear to all heads of government that criticism of Bush Administration policies, either domestic or foreign, does not entitle them to attack the President personally.

George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ny15_...ch09212006.html

FYI:

Congressman Charles B. Rangel is serving his eighteenth term as the Representative from the 15th Congressional District, comprising East and Central Harlem, the Upper West Side, and Washington Heights/Inwood.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday, June 8, 2005 12:40 p.m. EDT

Rangel: Bush Iraq 'Fraud' as Bad as Holocaust

Top House Democrat Charles Rangel complained on Monday that the Bush administration's decision to concoct a "fraudulent" war in Iraq was as bad as "the Holocaust."

September 2, 2005

Rep. Rangel: Bush Policies Are To Blame for Hurricane Catastrophe

The President is destroying the fabric of America with a combined policy of war, tax cuts for the wealthy, and reductions in spending for domestic needs.

President Bush Is 'Our Bull Connor,' Harlem's Rep. Charles Rangel Claims

By MEGHAN CLYNE - Staff Reporter of the Sun

September 23, 2005

Comparing President Bush to the Birmingham, Ala., police commissioner whose resistance to the civil rights movement became synonymous with Southern racism, Rep. Charles Rangel said yesterday of the president: "George Bush is our Bull Connor."

mdyoung,

Rangel is no friend of the President. Neither is Pelosi and here's what she had to say:

"Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug," House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said at a news conference, referring to Chavez' comments in a U.N. General Assembly speech on Wednesday.

"Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations," said Pelosi, a frequent Bush critic. "He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela."

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....-politicsNews-2

So yeah, i don't know what's up. Neither Rangel nor Pelosi (nor Democratic activists in general) have had any qualms in personally attacking the President in the past. He looks like a chimp, he's dumb, etc etc. Those are not policy objections, they are personal attacks. All Chavez did is do as the Democrats do.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WASHINGTON - I want to express my extreme displeasure with statements by the President of Venezuela attacking U.S. President George Bush in such a personal and disparaging way during his remarks at the United Nations General Assembly.

It should be clear to all heads of government that criticism of Bush Administration policies, either domestic or foreign, does not entitle them to attack the President personally.

George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us.

FYI:

Congressman Charles B. Rangel is serving his eighteenth term as the Representative from the 15th Congressional District, comprising East and Central Harlem, the Upper West Side, and Washington Heights/Inwood.

bullshit

I guess though that walking-ad-for-term-limits Rengel recognises that Chavez wasn't exactly silent during BillyBubba's time--and that chopf#ck Chavez would have attacked Gore or Kerry if these had been elected instead of Bush.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

FYI:

Well said. :thumbs:

Timeline

Chavez is a thug; can't stand him.

Same could be said about Bush.

I don't disagree with that. I'm no fan of Bush. I think Chavez is worse, though. I guess the devil you know is better, eh? :D

Why do you take it personally with regard to Chavez? I think he's much needed change in South American politics and I'm glad somebody finally thumbed their noses at our foreign policies.

Gupt,

To paraphrase a well-known expression, with enemies like Chavez who needs friends?

Chavez may have some good points, and some good reasons for some of his opinions and beliefs, but he negates them by his own behaviors. He could be much more effective in accomplishing his objectives if he behaved differently. Soooo... Go Chavez!

Yodrak

FYI:

Edited by Yodrak

I don't disagree with that. I'm no fan of Bush. I think Chavez is worse, though. I guess the devil you know is better, eh? :D

Why do you take it personally with regard to Chavez? I think he's much needed change in South American politics and I'm glad somebody finally thumbed their noses at our foreign policies.

I don't take it personally at all. I dated a Venezuelan in college who was in Maracaibo for one of Chavez's coup attempts. His stories were horrifying. Unfortunately I don't remember all of the details; I just came away with a strong dislike for Hugo Chavez. The guy's a scumbag.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

I don't take it personally at all. I dated a Venezuelan in college who was in Maracaibo for one of Chavez's coup attempts. His stories were horrifying. Unfortunately I don't remember all of the details; I just came away with a strong dislike for Hugo Chavez. The guy's a scumbag.

Everyone has their own version of the truth. I don't think the guy's a saint, but we've erected dictators in South America that make him look like a boy scout, and most South Americans haven't forgotten that fact. To them, Chavez is a hero. It's really all subjective.

Gupt,

To paraphrase a well-known expression, with enemies like Chavez who needs friends?

Chavez may have some good points, and some good reasons for some of his opinions and beliefs, but he negates them by his own behaviors. He could be much more effective in accomplishing his objectives if he behaved differently. Soooo... Go Chavez!

Yodrak

FYI:

well stated

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Everyone has their own version of the truth. I don't think the guy's a saint, but we've erected dictators in South America that make him look like a boy scout, and most South Americans haven't forgotten that fact. To them, Chavez is a hero. It's really all subjective.

Excuse me, to who Chavez is a hero? not for me nor for the vast majority of venezuelan people and that is the truth and not a version of the truth. Chavez is just a chatterbox that just like to talk against nations that are stronger than our nations, after all he needs somebody to blame for his ineptitude, somebody has to be responsible for all the disgrace that this world lives, and Bush is, acording to the venezuelan comedian that sometimes pretend to be president, this one to blame.

I just want to say something if Bush is the Devil, Chavez is the Devil’s Excrement