• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
That story is unfortunate. Obviously the guy wasn't trying to hurt the animal. I don't think we can say the same for the guy ripping off the kitten's head.

Do you think sentences should vary by the type of animal? What if he killed her pet goldfish?

So it's ok to kill a living breathing thing as long as it's not a human... :no: pretty freaking sick.

I won't angue your position. I simply don't share your opinion on this matter, but that doesn't make you right!

Uling.... Wait... you actually disagree with what Heina said there? You *don't* think it's sick?

#######?

I'm not saying the gentleman's actions are not repulsive. My opinion is the penalty does NOT fit the crime. This man evidently needs help. We have placed more credence on the life of an animal than a human. That's sick. And this is of course my opinion. I don't have the same personalized association to domestic animals as most. I don't see hunters who kill out of season going to jail. The get fined! Some people are ridiculous and fanatical.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What a sicko :angry::ranting:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Timeline

That story is unfortunate. Obviously the guy wasn't trying to hurt the animal. I don't think we can say the same for the guy ripping off the kitten's head.

Do you think sentences should vary by the type of animal? What if he killed her pet goldfish?

Yes. I really don't think anyone should go to jail for the killing of an animal. If it had been her pet chicken, probably nothing except maybe a fine, but kitties are SO cute that he must be punished.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some people have suggested using amount of suffering as an index. Not sure how they plan to do that with any certainty, other than assembling a panel of talking animals...

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Okay, the story about the seagull incident is going a bit too far. It's clear that he wasn't trying to hurt the animal, just swat it away. You can't file animal cruelty charges for all the accidental animal deaths in the world.

But this is different. This was intentional murder of an animal in order to harm someone else. Not to mention that it was done in a very cruel way. You can laugh and say 'too many Disney movies', but there is something seriously wrong with someone who would do that. I agree that the people in the incidents mentioned (the kitten and the dog) need councelling, but I think the jail sentence is appropriote to the crime as well.

As for if we hold animals higher than people... no. If this were a person he killed, he would get a lot worse of a sentence for it. So simple as that, we obviously do not hold animals more important than human life. But this fellow clearly had no reguard for LIFE at all if he thought the best way to get back at his girlfriend was to tear the head off of her pet kitten.

That is ridiculus.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.

:lol::yes::thumbs:;)

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We have placed more credence on the life of an animal than a human. That's sick. And this is of course my opinion.

I also don't share your opinion. He can get his counselling in jail, between work shifts. I could say you are placing more credence on his life than that of his terrified girlfriend.

And the manner in which he killed the kitten can't be compared to hunting off season. If the hunters ran into the woods, caught a deer and ripped its head off and left it on someone's lawn, I don't think they would just be fined for off season hunting!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yes. I really don't think anyone should go to jail for the killing of an animal. If it had been her pet chicken, probably nothing except maybe a fine, but kitties are SO cute that he must be punished.

And apart from using a suffering index, it's also worth noting what Psychokat brought up on the last page--the amount of damage done to the OWNER by "damaging" the animal. Most people do not have these attachments to chickens...of course there are many exceptions.

A lot of animal rights theories are, I think, justifications of feelings we have about animals. (Just open the "why is human life more valuable" can of worms...) Nevertheless, it is worth paying attention to how human-animal relationships can affect the place in society of certain animals.

Filed: Timeline
I also don't share your opinion. He can get his counselling in jail, between work shifts. I could say you are placing more credence on his life than that of his terrified girlfriend.

And the manner in which he killed the kitten can't be compared to hunting off season. If the hunters ran into the woods, caught a deer and ripped its head off and left it on someone's lawn, I don't think they would just be fined for off season hunting!

It's still just freaking furball cat. Buy her another cat case closed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think he would be getting 2 years in jail just for killing the kitten. I think it is part of the terrorizing his girlfriend/ violent behavior package.

Now, someone who will film themselves slowly skinning a cat over several hours.. they should be thrown in jail, even if they aren't terrorizing any humans while doing so. There was a case like this a couple of years back... I don't know how anyone can justify that sort of behaviour with "it is just a cat". There are levels to things, and frankly, to lump every action into either "against humans = bad" or "against animals = calm down crazy animal lovers!" is ridiculous.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Anyone who uses their power to bring harm to something defenseless and weaker than them is SICK. That includes child molesters and wife beaters, too. And yes I think they should all be put away behind bars. As far as the goldfish comment, my point was INTENT-the man didn't INTEND to hurt the seagull, this man obviously INTENDED to hurt the kitten.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Anyone who uses their power to bring harm to something defenseless and weaker than them is SICK. That includes child molesters and wife beaters, too. And yes I think they should all be put away behind bars. As far as the goldfish comment, my point was INTENT-the man didn't INTEND to hurt the seagull, this man obviously INTENDED to hurt the kitten.

My posting of the seagull story was more as a comparison of people's reactions. I agree that the stories are very different in terms of the intent.

My question about the goldfish was not sarastic. If a two-year sentence for killing a kitten with malicious intent is appropriate, would it also be appropriate for killing a goldfish with malicious intent?

Because of the difficulty in drawing the line among the animals, why not just draw the line between humans and animals?

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

1. There is emotional attachment to animals that we have as pets. You can't just 'go out and get another one'. That doesn't solve the problem. If your best friend dies, can you just forget about them and go out and get another friend? No.

2. The guy did NOT get this sentence alone. He was given this one concurrent with parole violation. Which means that he was going to jail anyways, so they tacked this on to the time he already had. He was going away for 2 years either way. Now he's just going away for two years for parole violation AND killing a kitten.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.