Feb 15 2006- sent I 129

Feb 17 2006- NOA1

Feb 23 2006- *touched*

April 1 2006- still waiting =(

July 10 2006- touched!!

July 11 2006- touched again!!!

July 24 2006- touched (RFE in email)

Aug. 7 2006- RFE in mail

Aug 15 2006- sent back RFE (the wait begins again)

Aug 26 2006- touched (RFE recieved)

Aug 28 2006- APPROVED!!!!!- after 192 days~!

Sep 3 2006- get NOA2 in snail mail

Sep 13 2006-NVC recieves case!!!

Sep 18 2006- NVC sents case to Embassy!!

Sep 21 2006- Embassy recieves!

Sep 27 2006- Embassy send interview packet!!

Nov 9 2006- Medical completed

Nov 20 2006- Interview APPROVED

Nov 22 2006- picking up my VISA

NOV 23 2006- leaving for ATLANTA

Filed: Timeline
K visas use the I134.

For Fiance visa filing in the UAE

does my fiance fill out 134 or 1864?

thanks

That depends on the consular post processing the K1 application. Most consular posts ask for the I-134 with K1 applications. Some ask for the I-864.

Juliekins needs to contact the consular post in the UAE that is processing the K1 case (dubai or abu dhabi?) and ask them.

Alternatively and less preferably, she can PM someone who has recently processed a K1 through the same consular post and find out what they were told.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

K visas use the I134.

thanks

That depends on the consular post processing the K1 application. Most consular posts ask for the I-134 with K1 applications. Some ask for the I-864.

Juliekins needs to contact the consular post in the UAE that is processing the K1 case (dubai or abu dhabi?) and ask them.

Alternatively and less preferably, she can PM someone who has recently processed a K1 through the same consular post and find out what they were told.

usually the consulate or embassy lists what forms they want

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

K visas use the I134.

thanks

Yes, on their website and if not there then in Packet 3. I assume juliekins wants a "head start" on the process and I assume their website isn't very good. Lots of consular posts have sh!t websites.

I have a question about this...when do they ask for the form exactly? My husband got his packet 3 and they asked for a tax return or pay stubs and employment letter. No mention of 134 or 864.

Interesting.

If I were in your situation, I'd direct the question to the consular post.

And while I was waiting for a response, I'd get both the I-134 and I-864 ready. It's a little effort but it buys you a lot of peace of mind.

That's how I operated when I was VJing. Overkill all the way :lol:

I'm gonna send in everything I can. Never can be too careful. I'm sending in all my pay stubs for this year. All my bankstatements for the year. I was surprised when they didn't say specifically which form to send.

You should have seen my wifes Packet 3 from Mumbai (India). Shoddiest piece of ####### I ever seen. Looked like it had been photocopied a million times, text was faded and barely legible. And the lines weren't even straight. I don't recall specifics now, but the instructions regarding police certificates was contradictory from one page to another.

Developing world consular posts can be pretty amusing in hindsight. At the time it felt frustrating though.

That's one of the things I really liked about Mumbai. They answered every email I ever sent them. Sometimes they'd take a week but they eventually did get back.

On the phone, though... they were unhelpful and rude.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here we go again! :)

Which posts require an I-864 for a K visa?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

K visas use the I134.

thanks

She should contact the consule office directly... some don't require an affidavit of support for K-1 at all. :no:

ANYONE had an interview in UAE..Abu Dhabi????!!!!!

Aug 2001- met in highschool in US

Feb 15 2006- sent I 129

Feb 17 2006- NOA1

Feb 23 2006- *touched*

April 1 2006- still waiting =(

July 10 2006- touched!!

July 11 2006- touched again!!!

July 24 2006- touched (RFE in email)

Aug. 7 2006- RFE in mail

Aug 15 2006- sent back RFE (the wait begins again)

Aug 26 2006- touched (RFE recieved)

Aug 28 2006- APPROVED!!!!!- after 192 days~!

Sep 3 2006- get NOA2 in snail mail

Sep 13 2006-NVC recieves case!!!

Sep 18 2006- NVC sents case to Embassy!!

Sep 21 2006- Embassy recieves!

Sep 27 2006- Embassy send interview packet!!

Nov 9 2006- Medical completed

Nov 20 2006- Interview APPROVED

Nov 22 2006- picking up my VISA

NOV 23 2006- leaving for ATLANTA

Here we go again! :)

Which posts require an I-864 for a K visa?

Well, seeing how the archives are no longer searchable, I can't answer that. But I do recall reading right here on VJ that some K-1 applicants in certain consular posts were asked for the I-864.

Meauxna, is it really such bad practice in your view to advise people to ask their consulate on matters like this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.