Sign in to follow this  
Caladan

Possibly the stupidest question ever...

10 posts in this topic

If you've signed up for email notification, you will receive an email, followed by the NOA1 via snail mail.

Even if you do not check your email compulsively, your NOA1 will arrive just the same. :)

ETA: ignore this post. I was thinking NOA2..... :wacko:

Edited by jenn3539

The NOA1 notification does not arrive via e-mail, but by regular post, correct?

So I can stop checking my e-mail compulsively and go work on my dissertation?

In order to sign up for email notifications you will need either the NOA1 form sent to you by snail mail, or check with your bank for the canceled check. The number on the NOA1 receipt form or number on the back of the canceled check will be needed in order to sign up for the email notifications at the USCIS website.

How does one sign up for that? I thought you needed the case number to sign up for the notification.

Yeah, that's just package tracking. Had enough problems with the mailman deciding to kill my post lately that that counted as a big deal.

ETA: Okay. So no need to refresh the e-mail box. Sorry. Slightly OCD day here.

Edited by Caladan

How does one sign up for that? I thought you needed the case number to sign up for the notification.

Yeah, that's just package tracking. Had enough problems with the mailman deciding to kill my post lately that that counted as a big deal.

ETA: Okay. So no need to refresh the e-mail box. Sorry. Slightly OCD day here.

Can sign up here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp You will need your case number either from NOA1 form, or back of canceled check.

Yup, all signed up, just need the NOA1. Was just curious as there's a space for an e-mail address on the I-129F. And really just bouncing off the walls because my mother is driving me crazy about wedding stuff.

So you signed up using the info on the back of your cheque then?

As for your mom, not sure where you will be interviewing, but talk on the Canada forum is tending towards a 3 - 4 month wait if you are interviewing in Montreal. Shorter of course, if using Vancouver.

Here's a thought - let your mom check obsessively for you, so that you can go back to work on your dissertation! :lol::lol:

Mo

You can sign up on the USCIS site without the NOA1. Of course, you can't do anything interesting without it, but you can fill in the forms with your name and make an account. You just can't enter a case status to pursue.

We'll be interviewing in Vancouver, I expect, as he's from Alberta.

When you get engaged, you find out your mother, whom you had estimated as a sane and reasonable woman based on 27 years of her being a sane and reasonable force, suddenly has opinions on everything from the length of the train to the tiers on the veil to whether the neighbor thinks 'can't you just get married and automatically have him be a citizen?'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.