JenniferRae88

Affidavit of Support

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes the NVC to process the affidavit of support papers (no co-signer needed)? And then, after they are approved, about how long does it take for them to call for the interview? We will be interviewing in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

THANKS!

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes the NVC to process the affidavit of support papers (no co-signer needed)? And then, after they are approved, about how long does it take for them to call for the interview? We will be interviewing in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

THANKS!

Not 100% sure on this, but I think that with the I-864 Affidavit of Support, that is just one of the items you take along with you to the actual interview, but not something you mail in advance... Although it differs from country to country, when we applied several years ago I'm pretty sure that's the way it worked. Did they request that you send a completed I-864 with your packet 3? In any case, it shouldn't be long for the interview at this point because you're on the last leg :)

Timeline:

02/04/2004 - A young Zinker arrives in Mexico to study Spanish and the dating game begins

2004--2005 - Many subsequent visits to Mx ensue to be with my love; engaged in March 2005!

04/??/2005 - I-129F is filed from within the US

06/09/2005 - Zinker moves to Mexico

09/??/2005 - I-129F is approved

10/15/2005 - Interview in Cd. Juarez and subsequently approved for a K1 Visa!..But visa is left in Juarez

10/17/2005 - Due to unexpected pregnancy and a job offer in Mx - we decide not to pursue the visa and it expires :(

01/04/2006 - Married in Mexico

10/09/2011 - Two children later and a comfortable life in Mexico... Preparing to file I-130 in December 2011. Stay Tuned!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

THANKS!

Well in my case it took like a week, I emailed the I-864 on Sept 16th, then I called on the 26th they told me affidavit of support was completed. Just received an email today with interview date!!!! Nov 15,2011

March 2009-Civil Wedding

Feb 23, 2011-Filed I-130

Feb 25, 2011 -Received NOA1

Jun 14, 2011- Received NOA2, I-130 Approved

July 20, 2011 - Received I-864 and IV Bill

Aug 22, 2011 - Emailed Choice of Agent, Paid AOS and IV fees

Sept 16, 2011 - Emailed supporting docs for AOS packet

Sept 18, 2011- Completed DS-260

Sept 21, 2011- Emailed supporting docs for DS-260

Sept 28, 2011- Case closed

Nov 15, 2011 - Visa Interview at Ciudad Juarez!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.