maning

NBI San Fernando Branch Is Full of DooDoo!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am just pissed off at how unprofessional most government agencies in The Philippines conduct their business. First, you get nickel and dimed for every peso they can milk out of you. Then, you have to plan your entire day (sometimes they want you to come back again and again) because that's how long it takes for them to do anything. Then when they make their own mistakes, they won't correct their mistake, but rather let you suffer waiting and waiting for them to correct it on their OWN time. You have no one to complain to and no one to help you deal with them. It's just ridiculous!

My fiancee applied for her NBI clearance since July at San Fernando branch in Pampanga. They told her that due to NBI moving to a new software system that there will be a delay on NBI clearances. Yet, you here stories of people getting their NBI clearances in one day (same branch too). So they tell her that her NBI clearance will be ready today 10/4/2011. She goes there early in the morning and they inform her to come back November 1st! She has a clean record and easily got her NBI clearances in the past. So I don't understand this ######. She informs them that she can't wait any longer because she has a fiancee visa petition already approved and we need our NBI clearance for the interview at the US Embassy. The idiot woman at the counter tries to act all smarty with my fiancee by asking "let me see your plane ticket then if you got fiancee visa?" My fiancee was furious and told her that "Why in the world will I buy a plane ticket already?! If I didn't even go to my visa interview yet, since I don't have my freaking NBI clearance till now!!! Why will you even ask such a stupid question..." The lady shuts the hell up.

I am just seriously pissed off. I waited 156 days for our NOA2... now I have to wait even longer for an NBI clearance that usually takes only one day to get! #######!

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Timeline

There's more than 1 place to get an NBI clearance. In a COMPUTERIZED SATELLITE OFFICE, for those without namesake, clearance certificates are released within one (1) day. For those with namesake, clearances will be released after 5- 7 working days upon application. Y NON-COMPUTERIZED SATELLITE OFFICE – all clearances will be released after 5-7 working days upon application. For those who are required for interview, they are advised to proceed to Quality Control Section at the NBI Clearance Center in Carriedo clearances will be released one (1) hour after the interview.

You need to be resourceful and educate yourselves why such thin happens than get pissed off all the time. It doesn't help. I know you are excited and anxious but it's stilllong way to go. My name is very common, so I have to go Manila Carriedo everytime I need NBI clearance.

PS. Yes you have to tell them that what's the purpose of the NBI clearance. Everytime.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

There's more than 1 place to get an NBI clearance. In a COMPUTERIZED SATELLITE OFFICE, for those without namesake, clearance certificates are released within one (1) day. For those with namesake, clearances will be released after 5- 7 working days upon application. Y NON-COMPUTERIZED SATELLITE OFFICE – all clearances will be released after 5-7 working days upon application. For those who are required for interview, they are advised to proceed to Quality Control Section at the NBI Clearance Center in Carriedo clearances will be released one (1) hour after the interview. Your fiancee needs to be resourceful and educated why such thin happens than get pissed off all the time. It doesn't help.

We know all about computerized and non computerized offices... She doesn't deserve to be pissed off? She waited for 4 months+. She was ADVISED by the San Fernando NBI staff NOT to put in another application for an NBI clearance since she has one on the way on October 4, 2011 because as they stated "it would take 30 days under an new application". If she knew that they would not be able to process it by October 4, 2011. She would of made the trip to the main branch in Manila and got it processed there. So please don't assume anything about someone especially about being "resourceful and educated" if you don't know what we been through. She trusted the staff at the NBI to give her sound advice.

Edit::: I'm sorry if I sounded rude... I apologize... this whole visa process has been stressful and we just want to get this whole ordeal over with. We know how the NBI clearances work... she had many times in the past got her NBI clearances in one day or in a few days. So we know how the NBI process works.

Edited by maning

Vermont Service Center

oh.. i just read your other post. well, she should have gone to the main branch since you guys learned that alot of people get their clearance in a day..

the agency had shortcomings but you should have done something about it right? :) im just saying...

peace :)

Timeline

if i were her, i should have gone to the main branch of the NBI than waited 4 months. :) did she try it?

Yeah, that's our plan NOW. We put our trust in the advice that the NBI staff gave to us about waiting for our NBI clearance. They even assured us that it will arrive on time.

She was suppose to go home to visit her family soon as she got her NBI clearance... now she has to go to Manila and get her NBI clearance processed and there's no guarantee she will get it in one day. Problem after problem I swear...

Vermont Service Center

Yeah, that's our plan NOW. We put our trust in the advice that the NBI staff gave to us about waiting for our NBI clearance. They even assured us that it will arrive on time.

She was suppose to go home to visit her family soon as she got her NBI clearance... now she has to go to Manila and get her NBI clearance processed and there's no guarantee she will get it in one day. Problem after problem I swear...

she should go there early in the morning because i tell you there's alooooot of people getting clearance. i tried going there one time around 3pm and i almost got cut off. the others who were behind me were told to go back tomorrow. and falling in line there could take for hours. i was able to get my clearance though, around 6pm. im not sure if thats still the case now. i was there last january.

Timeline

she should go there early in the morning because i tell you there's alooooot of people getting clearance. i tried going there one time around 3pm and i almost got cut off. the others who were behind me were told to go back tomorrow. and falling in line there could take for hours. i was able to get my clearance though, around 6pm. im not sure if thats still the case now. i was there last january.

It's still the same as it always been hehe... I remember a month ago I was telling her to go to the main branch in Manila to get her NBI clearance, but she was hopeful that her October 4, 2011 application would come through. She doesn't like dealing with the main branch because she knows how busy that place can be... now she doesn't have a choice. I hope the flood waters went down by now...

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

I have never dealt with other branch because I always do it on the main one. I just live around Metro Manila but how I wish I don't have a namesake so I could get it on some malls. I always get my clearance within the day. Her 4mos+ waiting is so absurd to me, even "it would take 30 days under an new application". I will consider going to a different branch right away.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

I have never dealt with other branch because I always do it on the main one. I just live around Metro Manila but how I wish I don't have a namesake so I could get it on some malls. I always get my clearance within the day. Her 4mos+ waiting is so absurd to me, even "it would take 30 days under an new application". I will consider going to a different branch right away.

I think I made another topic about NBI clearances a month or so ago... I wanted her to go to the main branch in Manila, but she insisted that her October 4th NBI clearance would arrive on time since she had reassurance from the NBI staff at San Fernando. I kept pushing her not to wait til October and to go to main office in Manila instead, but she hated making the long trip, so she just took her chance with her October 4th NBI clearance.

Now I told her she has no choice anymore, she was stubborn not to go last month... so now she's planning to make the trip to the main office tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully she can get it in one day.

Vermont Service Center

Timeline

Now I told her she has no choice anymore, she was stubborn not to go last month... so now she's planning to make the trip to the main office tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully she can get it in one day.

She will for sure. She just have to get there early. She had NBI before, then it should be easier since it's just a renewal.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Timeline

I wonder why she didn't try Clark in Angeles City. Don't forget to bring the old NBI Clearance or valid ID/ birth Cert, pen, money, and patience.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am just pissed off at how unprofessional most government agencies in The Philippines conduct their business. First, you get nickel and dimed for every peso they can milk out of you. Then, you have to plan your entire day (sometimes they want you to come back again and again) because that's how long it takes for them to do anything. Then when they make their own mistakes, they won't correct their mistake, but rather let you suffer waiting and waiting for them to correct it on their OWN time. You have no one to complain to and no one to help you deal with them. It's just ridiculous!

My fiancee applied for her NBI clearance since July at San Fernando branch in Pampanga. They told her that due to NBI moving to a new software system that there will be a delay on NBI clearances. Yet, you here stories of people getting their NBI clearances in one day (same branch too). So they tell her that her NBI clearance will be ready today 10/4/2011. She goes there early in the morning and they inform her to come back November 1st! She has a clean record and easily got her NBI clearances in the past. So I don't understand this ######. She informs them that she can't wait any longer because she has a fiancee visa petition already approved and we need our NBI clearance for the interview at the US Embassy. The idiot woman at the counter tries to act all smarty with my fiancee by asking "let me see your plane ticket then if you got fiancee visa?" My fiancee was furious and told her that "Why in the world will I buy a plane ticket already?! If I didn't even go to my visa interview yet, since I don't have my freaking NBI clearance till now!!! Why will you even ask such a stupid question..." The lady shuts the hell up.

I am just seriously pissed off. I waited 156 days for our NOA2... now I have to wait even longer for an NBI clearance that usually takes only one day to get! #######!

Maning, No matter what the others are saying...you are absolutely correct. The government there is soooo antiquated and corrupt. I love the country, the people, and of course the scores of family I have there, but don't ever assume you can get anything via the government channels (unless you have a few 1000 extra pesos)in a timely manner.

That's much of the reason the Philippines, for all it's good attributes, remains almost a third world country..the corrupt government. Plus the Catholic church runs everything as well... IMHO :wow:

:bonk::ot2:

Timeline

Maning, No matter what the others are saying...you are absolutely correct. The government there is soooo antiquated and corrupt. I love the country, the people, and of course the scores of family I have there, but don't ever assume you can get anything via the government channels (unless you have a few 1000 extra pesos)in a timely manner.

That's much of the reason the Philippines, for all it's good attributes, remains almost a third world country..the corrupt government. Plus the Catholic church runs everything as well... IMHO :wow:

:bonk::ot2:

The poverty here is man made. Corruption and all that that's why when you're here, do things on your own, be patient, most of all TRUST but VERIFY. When you go to the government office to process papers, you have to be tough. When something doesn't sit right, ASK. You should know what you are doing, ask as many people as you can to counter check information (if it's different from one another)you are getting. If not, you'll be eaten alive. Be it getting passport, correcting documents, . Always remember that.

I am sorry maning but 4 months wait doesn't really make sense at all. There's a lot of things that could be done in 4 mos. But it's good we're moving forward. She'll be ok and you can go ahead and move forward with your application.

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.