afparks

affidavit of support question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me again, can anyone tell me if is it possible that my husband can include all the asset we have here in my country. we buy a couple land here and he is seemed to be thinking we could include it on the affidavit of support as an asset. of course the land is just register on my name because he is a foreigner. Guys is he right to be thinking that we could use the land as one of the asset when its not name on him but on my name?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

is the land located where the immigration will be u.s.a? are you the sponser?cause that makes a difference i think, but i do believe it can be used as an asset

wedding 2006-06-03

i130

2006-06-24.......mailed

06-07-18.......noa1

09-19.......touched[li

09-20.......rfe sent

09-25.......rfe mailed back

10-02.......rfe email received uscis

10-03.......touched

12-12.......APPROVED

i129f

06-08-21......mailed

06-08-29.....noa1

06-09-02....touched

06-09-09....touched

06-10-20...touched ...sent to csc

06-10-27...touched

06-11-15...APPROVED 07-03-08 interview and visa approved

1. EAD.... sent may 13
  2. biometrics.....june 13
  3. ead transfer to csc.....july 13

4. EAD card in production

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

He cannot use it as an asset on his I-864 or I-131 as he does not have title to it... he may have provided you the money to buy it, but he does not own it... In this case, it would have been better if he still had the cash that he used to buy it...

However, you could use it as your asset if the consulate would allow you to self-sponsor yourself...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Timeline

afparks,

How fast could you sell the land, or borrow against it? For how much money? Both now and once you re-locate to the USA?

Land does not pay the bills, unless one is collecting rent from someone else's use of it. It needs to be converted into cash.

Yodrak

me again, can anyone tell me if is it possible that my husband can include all the asset we have here in my country. we buy a couple land here and he is seemed to be thinking we could include it on the affidavit of support as an asset. of course the land is just register on my name because he is a foreigner. Guys is he right to be thinking that we could use the land as one of the asset when its not name on him but on my name?

zyggy,

He can use it on his I-864 come adjustment time, since she is his Household Member. If they can get their money back out of it.

I agree that having the cash would be better.

Yodrak

He cannot use it as an asset on his I-864 or I-131 as he does not have title to it... he may have provided you the money to buy it, but he does not own it... In this case, it would have been better if he still had the cash that he used to buy it...

However, you could use it as your asset if the consulate would allow you to self-sponsor yourself...

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the reply now were messed up because im the beneficiary and the land is named on me but of course my husband who is the petitioner is my beneficiary on the land. We spend so much money for that land because he was thinking we could add it as an asset for the affidavit of support. OH boy!!! if we save the cash then its more good than having that land. but anyway thanks everyone.

afparks

afparks,

How fast could you sell the land, or borrow against it? For how much money? Both now and once you re-locate to the USA?

Land does not pay the bills, unless one is collecting rent from someone else's use of it. It needs to be converted into cash.

Yodrak

zyggy,

He can use it on his I-864 come adjustment time, since she is his Household Member. If they can get their money back out of it.

I agree that having the cash would be better.

Yodrak

Timeline

The land as an asset is probrably not going to help you anyway. They really are looking at the most recent years tax return anyway and any saving that has been in the bank for the past year.

Rob and Melinda

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

that is what is confusing me....is an Affidavit of Support even required for the K3?

My husband reiceved his packet and it just states for him to bring my proof of employment. I only make 9 bucks an hour. so how would it work for me? any one have any idea???

that is what is confusing me....is an Affidavit of Support even required for the K3?

My husband reiceved his packet and it just states for him to bring my proof of employment. I only make 9 bucks an hour. so how would it work for me? any one have any idea???

The land as an asset is probrably not going to help you anyway. They really are looking at the most recent years tax return anyway and any saving that has been in the bank for the past year.

Rob and Melinda

I dunno bout that, we qualified based solely on the estimated profit from the sale of our house, i.e an asset. Our income didn't even count, neither of us.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Rob and Melinda,

Not true. Most important is current income, which may be different from last year's income. And if income is marginal or deficient, assets that are easily liquidated can be considered to compensate.

Yodrak

Rob and Melinda

Hdz,

Use of I-134 is at the discretion of the consular officer processing the visa application. That being said, when a sponsor is required a consular officer is sure to want an I-134, along with other supporting documentation.

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.