lovelypepy

Biometrics again?I'm lost and confuse,help,please.

16 posts in this topic

hi everybody:)this is me again,and as always I dont' know how to use the topic to make questions (I answered my own question trying to add more information to it, hihi :luv: )

well.here I go,before I was worried because I didnt' get my green card...considering that I was ready with the biometrics and the interview ...now something new.is happening..yesterday I've got a notification to make the biometrics again???hello?

4 months ago I made the 10 fingerprints.... and they had my pics, so what is happening now?

This last letter says:

"Fingerprint/Biometric Notification"

"Case Type I485"

"ASC Code: Code 3 (both)"

(This will be made September 29)

The first letter said:

"ASC Appointment Notice

"Case Type I485 Application to registrer Permanent Resident or Adjust Status"

"Code: 1"

(This was made April 26th 2006)

question...are these letters for the same thing? or they are different situations?what does that number:(code: 1, code: 3)

I'm totally lost...I dont' know what's happening,I called the Uscis and they said...go to the interview..and then? will I have another interview??? I WAS READING THAT MAYBE i COULD SPEED MY CASE? IS THIS TRUTH?HAS ANYONE TRIED IT?(IN CASE THAT USCIS made a mistake with my case) anyone help,please,please? :luv:

Filed: Other Timeline

Just go and have the biometrics done again. Its possible that they've lost the other ones, or they got smudged or destroyed, or or or...If you don't show up, you could well jeopardize your AOS application.

You may find that once you get there they'll say "oops, sorry, you're not supposed to be here, we already have your fingerprints" or they'll tell you why you're back a second time. But you wont' know if you don't show up.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

My wife had to do AOS biometrics twice. Before and after a successful interview. I have no idea why.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think I read somewhere that sometimes you have them done for a second time for the green card itself. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is I don't understand why they wouldn't just use the first prints and pics.

If you find out why, let me know!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife also had to go for fingerprints a second time after her AOS interview, It seems that they were not in the file at the time of interview interview. Now we are waiting.... and waiting... and waiting...

thank you everyone :yes: !!now that I know that this might be a "regular situation" I feel calm and not too worried.(not sleeping...talking and talking about it, hihi :P ,my husband was going crazy because of my concerns,hihihi:P .)Well Thanks for all your advices,and sharing your experiences ,yep! I'll show up and I'll try to find out if thye do it why they are taking my fingerprints again...and if these biometrics are for the green card!!!!wonderful!!!I'll let you know if anything like this happens.

greetings and :luv:

Filed: Timeline

lovelypepy,

Do you have an application for EA pending?

The Code 1 is a photo and 10 fingerprints for adjustment of status. The Code 3 is both a photo and 10 fingerprints for adjustment of status and a photo and index fingerprint for an EAD.

Yodrak

question...are these letters for the same thing? or they are different situations?what does that number:(code: 1, code: 3)

Just go and have the biometrics done again. Its possible that they've lost the other ones, or they got smudged or destroyed, or or or...If you don't show up, you could well jeopardize your AOS application.

You may find that once you get there they'll say "oops, sorry, you're not supposed to be here, we already have your fingerprints" or they'll tell you why you're back a second time. But you wont' know if you don't show up.

ditto :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

These folks are idiots. You will need to have the second set of prints. The machine stops if you don't keep feeding quarters into it. You have to start over.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

lovelypepy,

The Code 1 is a photo and 10 fingerprints for adjustment of status. The Code 3 is both a photo and 10 fingerprints for adjustment of status and a photo and index fingerprint for an EAD.

Yodrak

wow! yes! with so many things going on we forgot about it, yep, we applied for the EAD too ;) thank you for teelling me about this, I 've got another question? what is going to happens whithin this period of time ?I mean after this new fingerprints... another marriage interview, EAD, or green crad in the mail?

thank you very much :luv:

I think I read somewhere that sometimes you have them done for a second time for the green card itself. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is I don't understand why they wouldn't just use the first prints and pics.

I was told in here that these appointments for the biometrics are: the first one was for AOS , this last one may be for the EAD.(because the numbers are different).hope I helped you guys.

I was told in here that these appointments for the biometrics are: the first one was for AOS , this last one may be for the EAD.(because the numbers are different).hope I helped you guys.

lovelypepy,

Yodrak

yep,we've got one, just with so many things going on we 'd forgotten about it, I hope you are right, may I ask you one more question, what should I wait for next??my EAD coming in the mail? another marriage's intervew?my green card in the mail? if we've got another interview..I'll die!!! haha:), oh! will they send me back my I-94? the person who made the interview asked us for it and still has it.sorry you seem like you could know the answers.

bye. :luv:

:lol::lol:

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

We had to have them done twice since they didn't do them right the first time.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

The different ASC codes mean different things maybe they failed to connect the previous Biometrics with bioth Applications.

I would go in again bring the previous Biometrics notice letters you received and see whats going on.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.