homesick_american

Has anyone's visa ever been denied due to mental health issues?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I have to say I do think you're being a bit overly paranoid about this, but I can hardly talk as right now I'm convinced someone;s stolen my packet three reply and put it in the bin..

But seriously, it really does sound like it's ok, so stop worrying!

OK...well, maybe I am a little...but this is very very important. We don't want to stay in England anymore, I f*cking hate it here and I want this visa approved for hubby so we can get out of here. :crying:

Edited by homesick_american

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey, you seem really worried and stressed out about this, and it looks like the consensus here is that it's not something to be that upset about. So chill a bit, okay? Things are gonna be alright. :thumbs: A lot of us get crazy stressed about really minor things - we're lucky to have VJ to vent at.

Edited by heishe

signature here

I have to say I do think you're being a bit overly paranoid about this, but I can hardly talk as right now I'm convinced someone;s stolen my packet three reply and put it in the bin..

Nina - Amelynn has been waiting a long time too, no worries! No one has put it in the bin. :no:

Also, you JUST sent it, my P4 took 2 weeks to get.

You'll be an October 10/12 interview I bet! :thumbs:

Edited by devilette

Ohh England's alright! Apart from the weather... Where are you living at the moment? It was a nice sunny day today :)

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Hey, you seem really worried and stressed out about this, and it looks like the consensus here is that it's not something to be that upset about. So chill a bit, okay? Things are gonna be alright. :thumbs: A lot of us get crazy stressed about really minor things - we're lucky to have VJ to vent at.

I am...it's all I can think about. I have a natural tendency to worry; my mind just grabs onto something and I can't stop worrying about it until it resolves itself or until something new to worry about comes along. I guess it's a good thing it's not MY mental health under scrutiny here. :blush:

Ohh England's alright! Apart from the weather... Where are you living at the moment? It was a nice sunny day today :)

York...it's a big pile of #######. It was sunny, but I didn't get to enjoy any of it because I was at work all day. It's not the weather that bothers me about this place...it's THIS PLACE that bothers me. I can't put my finger on any one aspect of the UK that I dislike. It's the whole package. It's just....meh.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK...well, maybe I am a little...but this is very very important. We don't want to stay in England anymore, I f*cking hate it here and I want this visa approved for hubby so we can get out of here. :crying:

Then send in the letter you've got; it is totally sufficient.

Which you would know if you spent your evening searching for the old posts (use google too) for the MANY previous similar cases.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Then send in the letter you've got; it is totally sufficient.

Which you would know if you spent your evening searching for the old posts (use google too) for the MANY previous similar cases.

Uh...already did that before the first time I posted, thanks. :yes: And not just on this board, either.

Haha, better be careful you don't offend any brits on here :)

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Haha, better be careful you don't offend any brits on here :)

Hehehe, I've stepped in it so many times with British people that I've lost count. They rag on their country all the time but if *I* do it, look out! :lol:

Me, I only get offended by ignorant ragging. For example, if someone rags on Texas but they've never been there, that's an ignorant rag. If someone grew up in Texas and rags on it, it doesn't bother me because I know they at least know what they're talking about. :star: I've lived in the UK for over five years, so I think I've earned the right to rag on it. Yes? B)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I am...it's all I can think about. I have a natural tendency to worry; my mind just grabs onto something and I can't stop worrying about it until it resolves itself or until something new to worry about comes along. I guess it's a good thing it's not MY mental health under scrutiny here. :blush:

York...it's a big pile of #######. It was sunny, but I didn't get to enjoy any of it because I was at work all day. It's not the weather that bothers me about this place...it's THIS PLACE that bothers me. I can't put my finger on any one aspect of the UK that I dislike. It's the whole package. It's just....meh.

Well, I am amazed. York is a beautiful city and VERY popular with American tourists. A 900 year-old Minster (Cathedral), Mediaeval walls, ancient ruins, great museums, lovely river, lots of nice restaurants and within easy travelling of the coast and other major northern cities like Leeds.

http://www.visityork.org/

Can't win 'em all, York Tourist Board ! :whistle:

Have a great time back home in Texas. I hope that you will be sympathetic if your hubby takes a while settling...

Good luck ! Neil.....A Yorkshireman.

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hehehe, I've stepped in it so many times with British people that I've lost count. They rag on their country all the time but if *I* do it, look out! :lol:

I confess, I'm enjoying hearing your honest perspective on it. I'm so sick of the British expats negative comments about the US, it's nice to know that turnabout IS fair play! :lol:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Well, I am amazed. York is a beautiful city and VERY popular with American tourists. A 900 year-old Minster (Cathedral), Mediaeval walls, ancient ruins, great museums, lovely river, lots of nice restaurants and within easy travelling of the coast and other major northern cities like Leeds.

http://www.visityork.org/

Can't win 'em all, York Tourist Board ! :whistle:

Have a great time back home in Texas. I hope that you will be sympathetic if your hubby takes a while settling...

Good luck ! Neil.....A Yorkshireman.

Yes, it's as cute as a chocolate box...but it gets very dull after five years. The job market stinks for people in my sector, the cost of living is obscene, and there's nothing to do. :crying:

I confess, I'm enjoying hearing your honest perspective on it. I'm so sick of the British expats negative comments about the US, it's nice to know that turnabout IS fair play! :lol:

Hehehe, it sure is! :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.