Sign in to follow this  
goofy23

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh AOS inerview done

20 posts in this topic

hey ya'll.... i wanna share my story to *biggrin*

appointment was at 9 a.m. we've been there bout 20 minutes earlier... the uscis office was totally deserted.... the security guy was very friendly. he asked if i would be nervous. smiling i showed him my slightly shacking hands... he just laughed and told me secretly, that the hardest part would be waiting for "those clowns" to call me in. that took the pressure....

bout 10 min later a lady called for me asking if i had my biometrics taken already. since i haven't she gave me a form to fill out.... than she called me again and typed everything in the system... man, i really have to get used to write my numbers the american way.... somehow everybody is mistaken my 1s, 4s and 7s. i corrected her and told her that my hubby already scolded me. she just laughed....

than she took my fingerprints... what a mighty technique they got *impressed* another colleague came buy and they started talking about motherhood... i just kept grinning... done with all that, she asked me to fill out a little form for customer research or sumthin....

bout 5 min later a nice but strict looking gentleman took us in the office.... we swore to tell the truth and only the truth. he got organized and ask "so, this is the third time you got married ??? …" curious and almost a little puffed up i told him no, this is the first and last time I got married... that much for trick questions....

oh, btw... he was wondering why i would have a social security card.... i was surprised he asked. hubby too... i told him that as far as i know, "all" i needed to do was getting married... he was totally fascinated by that.... he made a copy....he actually told me that i'm not supposed to have one of those since i'm an alien .... hmmmm... dunno......

than he wanted to know why we sent in form i-864 twice... dah .... i told him about the ref... than he asked why i used two different forms for the i-864.... i told him that i got them both form uscis.gov.... after a while of researching and shifting my file he came to the conclusion and could finally tell me the reason i got the ref in the first place....

the form i sent the first time required notarization, what we somehow missed. the second one i sent didn't *blank* .... he told us that there would be about three different versions of the i-864.... that makes it easy, doesn't it..... after that was taken care of he kept asking the usual questions.... he addressed most questions to both of us.... i showed him the pics and gave him all the copies i had and he was happy with it...

than we had some more small talk and joking around… and that was basically it…… he told us that in about six to eight weeks i could have my work and travel permit. and i took the chance to ask him about the travel parole… surprisingly he told me that that would be an actual waist of money and it wouldn’t be needed. but they had to do it anyways… *wonder* he reminded us to do the rest of the forms eight weeks before the second anniversary and suggested that we would send in as much evidence of commitment to our relationship as possible to avoid another interview… well, right now all we got is the lease and the car title, but at the end it did enough for now…

whew… and that was it… the atmosphere throughout the whole thing was very friendly and open… as a german i have to say i’m not really used to that… anyways, out of the office building my hubby and i did the popey dance to the car…

wow, I feel like now is the first time I actually can fully enjoy my “sparetime” knowing that all the waiting for the work permit will be over soon… can’t really wait to start working….

just wanna say Thank you guys for your support so far and all the best to the once who have the whole thing ahead of you…

Karin <--- still happy happy happy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.