lovekoto

NSO Certificate of Marriage (authenticated)

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

My husband and I got married last April 2011. The only thing we have is certified true copy of marriage certificate which was given to us after 2 weeks of the marriage date. My question is:

Do I have to apply for the NSO Marriage certificate? Because until now, I have not done anything like going to NSO office because of my busy schedule.

Please help me. My husband is still here in the Philippines and if we decide to go the States, he will file for DCF.

Thanks.

God is good all the time..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.

My husband and I got married last April 2011. The only thing we have is certified true copy of marriage certificate which was given to us after 2 weeks of the marriage date. My question is:

Do I have to apply for the NSO Marriage certificate? Because until now, I have not done anything like going to NSO office because of my busy schedule.

Please help me. My husband is still here in the Philippines and if we decide to go the States, he will file for DCF.

Thanks.

Hi there! Good question... YES, you need NSO copy of your Marriage Certificate, for immigration purpose. God bless !

Go to NSO Office, fill-up a form and wait for verification process. It depends on which NSO office you'll go. Most of the time you can get it the same day. I suggest you get 3 copies of Marriage Certificate and 3 copies of your Birth Certificate. You'll also have to get Another certificate from NSO which is CEMAR also known as "Advisory of Marriage". You'll need it for the Embassy Interview. Best of Luck!

Timeline

Hi. Salamat po sa reply.

How can I get this copy? Do I have to go to NSO office and how long will it take?

The Civil Registrar's Office where you registered your marriage should have already forwarded the original copy of your Marriage Contract to NSO in Manila. Hopefully, by this time its now on 5th month since you got married they should have done this already. It would be good if you try to apply for NSO copy of your marriage contract by this time so you would find it out. If NONE, then you have to inquire from you local Civil Registrar's Office and request to forward the document to NSO in Manila. You can also help facilitate the transmittal of the document to the NSO to speed up processing. I did my corrected birth certificate before it took me only few days. Sometimes it takes bit longer if the usual way they do. A little effort from you could help if you really need it badly. Just talk nicely to NSO guys so they could help you and make things faster. God bless !

Timeline

Thanks to both of you.

Another question: Do I have to go to NSO Manila or NSO cavite where I got married? Any advice.

You can try at your local NSO in Cavite. They should have online facility to access marriage records. I think it is nationwide. Good luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.