Jersey

1-751 Should I ?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

As some may know from my other few posts I am back with my ex-husband :blush: and I am going to file the removal of conditions next week based on my Divorce ie I will be self petioning and reqesting that I am granted a waiver.

Question should I inform them that I am back and living with my ex as husband and wife or not mention it? :o

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by JERSEY

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've honestly never seen this discussed before. I'd default to taking some legal advice. Seems like a good time to spend a hundred bucks or so.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

JERSEY,

I'm with meauxna. Even without the complication of having reconciled, removing conditions after a divorce calls for at least a consultation with an immigration attorney to review the facts of the situation and get some advice on what to say, how to say it, and perhaps most important of all - what not to say.

Yodrak

As some may know from my other few posts I am back with my ex-husband and I am going to file the removal of conditions next week based on my Divorce ie I will be self petioning and reqesting that I am granted a waiver.

Question should I inform them that I am back and living with my ex as husband and wife or not mention it?

Thank you in advance

JERSEY,

I'm with meauxna. Even without the complication of having reconciled, removing conditions after a divorce calls for at least a consultation with an immigration attorney to review the facts of the situation and get some advice on what to say, how to say it, and perhaps most important of all - what not to say.

I spoke to my Lawyer a few weeks back and he said that it was a plus for me to be back with him as it would prove that the marriage was legitimate, he just assumes that it will be all OK but I want a second opinion.

Another Lawyer is not an option as I paid a damn fortune for this one :(

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How much is a consultation? You don't have to hire them to do the application/petition for you. But get some insights.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

JERSEY,

I spoke to my Lawyer a few weeks back and he said that it was a plus for me to be back with him as it would prove that the marriage was legitimate, he just assumes that it will be all OK but I want a second opinion.

Another Lawyer is not an option as I paid a damn fortune for this one :(

If a second opinion is not an option, then what did your current lawyer think of the bona fides you have? Frankly, if you're reconciled with your initial husband, I don't see that access to joint financial documents, evidence or even an affidavit from him and friends etc would be the issue, but rather the question is of what quality is the evidence you have? Does it cover a substantial period of the 2 year conditional residency?

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

If a second opinion is not an option, then what did your current lawyer think of the bona fides you have? Frankly, if you're reconciled with your initial husband, I don't see that access to joint financial documents, evidence or even an affidavit from him and friends etc would be the issue, but rather the question is of what quality is the evidence you have? Does it cover a substantial period of the 2 year conditional residency?

Thank you so much for taking the time every one to get back to me. :yes:

Please could you elabarate on the highlighted area question as I am not really understanding what you mean?

We separated once before during that time of the 2 years, we have a documents in joint names like bank accounts and the house ownership, the satellite is in my name and the phone was in my name the original copies of this evidence were taken at the AOS interview except of course the house documents.

They are more then welcome to come and visit I am serious we are living as husband and wife I want this to work but am concerned that if it does go wrong again? IF and I tell them we are together and then by the time I get an interview we are separated again its going to look bad I am just trying to tell the truth I would never lie.

I also know that you are not supposed to answer any more questions or offer anymore then asked for and the 1751 does not have any area thats says " have you since reconclied with your spouse since divorce".

Mess hey?

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

An idea that you can run past your lawyer:

Since you're back together and have access to your ex so to speak, should you have your "ex" write an affidavit stating that you both entered into the marriage with good faith, lived together as husband and wife until X date, etc.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

I agree with the Cat. Have the dear hubby write up an affidavit clearly stating the bona fides of the relationship and the validity of the marriage. It can't hurt for him to admit a certain amount of fault for the divorce either, wrapping it up with the fact that you are back together, that he is hoping this will work out (as you are, since you are back) and respectfully requesting your application be granted. Good luck!

Edited by japau

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

I agree with the Cat. Have the dear hubby write up an affidavit clearly stating the bona fides of the relationship and the validity of the marriage. It can't hurt for him to admit a certain amount of fault for the divorce either, wrapping it up with the fact that you are back together, that he is hoping this will work out (as you are, since you are back) and respectfully requesting your application be granted. Good luck!

Thanks he wrote a great letter and said that he took full resposiblity for his actions and hoped that in time I would be confident enough to trust him again and hopefuly we would re-marry that remains to be seen lol.

I also added some new bills that have been sent to the house proving that I live there and a copy of our joint bank account statement with a copy of a check also.

Lets see what happens from there fingers crossed, hell I would be pissed if they refused it when we are living together and genuinly love each other, when others have been granted the waiver and have no contact or little evidence of their marriage that would just be typical. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.