Sign in to follow this  
Nik

Approval w/out notification?

18 posts in this topic

Nik    0

Hey All,

I was really begininng to become very angry about CSC approvals on petitions filed in June and July when I filed mine in April. In a last ditch effort to get some answers I made an appointment with InfoPass. I went in today and let me say, why you have to make an appointment to take a number and wait is beyond me. Anyway, I went in and they told me my case was approved on September 5th. I was expecting a big fight so I had to have the woman repeat the information.

I have recieved no written information, no e-mail, no snail mail. Has this happened to anyone else? I know this seems crazy, but I am afraid to trust anything they tell me w/out having something in writing. I haven't even called my fiance because I am waiting for somthing more concrete.

Nik

Hey All,

I was really begininng to become very angry about CSC approvals on petitions filed in June and July when I filed mine in April. In a last ditch effort to get some answers I made an appointment with InfoPass. I went in today and let me say, why you have to make an appointment to take a number and wait is beyond me. Anyway, I went in and they told me my case was approved on September 5th. I was expecting a big fight so I had to have the woman repeat the information.

I have recieved no written information, no e-mail, no snail mail. Has this happened to anyone else? I know this seems crazy, but I am afraid to trust anything they tell me w/out having something in writing. I haven't even called my fiance because I am waiting for somthing more concrete.

Nik

Wait a minute. Can you explain? An Infopass appoinment for a K-1 in process?? Never heard of that.

Nik    0

Hey All,

Nik

Wait a minute. Can you explain? An Infopass appoinment for a K-1 in process?? Never heard of that.

I just made the appointment on line. They have options you can choose for why you want the appointment, I choose to speak with an immigration officer. You go and check in, they give you a number ( a la a bakery), and you wait to see someone.

They mention it when you call the customer service center, I always figured I didn't want to drive somewhere to be told to wait 60 days when I can hear that from the comfort of my own home.

How BIZARRE!!! They subjected you to two extra weeks of heartache and anxiety for no reason. I don't understand what happened here.

In any event...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! At least you know now and can start preparing for the consular phase. Best of luck there. May all go smoothly and may the communication get much, much better from USCIS to you!!

:dance::D:dance::D:dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.