Married_my_love

I've had it up to HERE with CIS

6 posts in this topic

We have been waiting for 2 responses from CSC since August. We haven't gotten anything, so I called the 800# and heard "Status for this receipt # cannot be found at this time in this automated system... If you have questions about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application."

Gripe #1 Why do they suggest contacting CSC when you can't call them? you can't email them? and writing them has gotten us nowhere? How do they imagine this mystical "contact" will take place?

Ok, I am really steamed today so bear with me.......

This has been the longest 30 days of my life and now today I called and was told by customer service that CIS wants 120 more days to let us know anything. This is NEWS to us!! four months to respond? WHY WHY WHY would we do that?

Why did online status tell us they mailed something Aug 25, and Sept 8 and then today they say "wait 120 days"

The friendly customer service person told us that we can reapply. He put me on hold to confirm that, and came back to say YES! you can reapply! Yeah, makes more sense than waiting 4 months for nothing doesn't it? AACK.

This whole thing has caused so much stress in our house..... it's just been a really bad week. :crying:

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, that sucks! So what are they saying, it was denied? The NVC doesn't deny petitions. Maybe the CIS called it back for some reason. Whatever the reason, hang in there!

As for the first thing mailed, my guess it was the I-797 saying it was recieved back. For the second mailing I have no idea.

I am sorry you are going through this, hang in there.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Wow, that sucks! So what are they saying, it was denied?

They won't say anything really. It was approved, and then *i think* withdrawn but I can't get anyone to tell us. My beef is really why they say online that something was mailed, with "call in 30 days if not received" but then the guy tells me on the phone "it says here you shouldn't call for 120 days" HUH?

Married 12-30-05

I-130

11-06-06 Medical

HOME SWEET HOME

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

Wow! That is horrible. Jsut to play the devils advocate ... is there anything you can think of that could have popped up in the background check that would have made them send it back for re-approval ... even something piddly small? The only thing about re-applying, is what if the same thing happens again, due to something that shows up in the case at the NVC that is overlooked at the USCIS level. Do you have a lawyer or are you doing this on your own? I wish there was so much more we could do for each other, but the only thing that I can give is my prayers, and I will definitely do that. I guess that is all any of us can really do right now. All the best to you and let's just hope that the 120 day estimation was a big OVER GUESSTIMATE, and that everything goes by quickly.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Oh carp, sorry to alarm... this was all self-inflicted pain! and it wasn't about our background checks, as we actually got the approval. No, we wrote to withdraw the petition, never heard a peep, called and were told it wasn't withdrawn, in the interim we had a big change of heart... petitioner wrote again and asked to stay in the game, and shortly after our approval appeared and our case went to nvc so we pursued it and paid the fees (thinking we were a-ok). Then the case disappeared, and we have tried to confirm (what we know) that it is because of letter #1; and to see if there was anything we could do to stop the revocation. Yeah, we messed up! and we don't want to wait 4 mos to have them say sorry, start again, we're just going to start again now.

Married 12-30-05

I-130

11-06-06 Medical

HOME SWEET HOME

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

Oh carp, sorry to alarm... this was all self-inflicted pain! and it wasn't about our background checks, as we actually got the approval. No, we wrote to withdraw the petition, never heard a peep, called and were told it wasn't withdrawn, in the interim we had a big change of heart... petitioner wrote again and asked to stay in the game, and shortly after our approval appeared and our case went to nvc so we pursued it and paid the fees (thinking we were a-ok). Then the case disappeared, and we have tried to confirm (what we know) that it is because of letter #1; and to see if there was anything we could do to stop the revocation. Yeah, we messed up! and we don't want to wait 4 mos to have them say sorry, start again, we're just going to start again now.

Ah ... sorry totally ... misunderstood! Well all the best to you then! It will all work out. Everything happens for a reason!!!! Hang in there and all the best!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.