sharky

coming soon to a cinema near you!

65 posts in this topic

The Video was edited by who I don't know but what you saw with sticks and stuff is a play that they were doing a dance a drama whatever you want to call it.. and dying for Jesus is different they don't take guns etc.. to blow people up they teach the word of God. Some people don't like it and will even kill a christian like it is a trophy. They are not evil people looking to hate people from different races their goal is to love the people to show God's love... The girl who had tape over her mouth that said life on it was a protest against abortion the baby inside can not speak for his self.. so there for the child mouth was tape with the word life on it. someone did a great job of editing the tape to give christians a bad image but, all was edited.

Just because you don't see all of it you will get the wrong ideal but, if you have questions I can answer to this video. Christians are to show love not hatred. Like all people in different beliefs you get a mix of everything but, a true christian is to show Jesus love.

This is the best they can do try to equate Christianity to extreme Islam. There is no comparison.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The Video was edited by who I don't know but what you saw with sticks and stuff is a play that they were doing a dance a drama whatever you want to call it.. and dying for Jesus is different they don't take guns etc.. to blow people up they teach the word of God. Some people don't like it and will even kill a christian like it is a trophy. They are not evil people looking to hate people from different races their goal is to love the people to show God's love... The girl who had tape over her mouth that said life on it was a protest against abortion the baby inside can not speak for his self.. so there for the child mouth was tape with the word life on it. someone did a great job of editing the tape to give christians a bad image but, all was edited.

Just because you don't see all of it you will get the wrong ideal but, if you have questions I can answer to this video. Christians are to show love not hatred. Like all people in different beliefs you get a mix of everything but, a true christian is to show Jesus love.

This is the best they can do try to equate Christianity to extreme Islam. There is no comparison.

There was no mention of Islam in the video. I think you see what you want to see.

There was no mention of Islam in the video. I think you see what you want to see.

there was, however, mention of Islam in the original post. :yes:

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I think he means, that the starter of this thread was saying the people in this video are America's Christian version of Muslim extremists. Yet it doesn't really seem to compare, even if the people in the video look a bit odd to some.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is it really surprising when you see who posted this thread?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I think he means, that the starter of this thread was saying the people in this video are America's Christian version of Muslim extremists. Yet it doesn't really seem to compare, even if the people in the video look a bit odd to some.

I see. By "they" I understood the makers of the video, not the OP. I don't think the video itself attempts to make a comparison, and if it was trying to, it did not succeed.

Timeline

The Video was edited by who I don't know but what you saw with sticks and stuff is a play that they were doing a dance a drama whatever you want to call it..

I see. By "they" I understood the makers of the video, not the OP. I don't think the video itself attempts to make a comparison, and if it was trying to, it did not succeed.

:thumbs: I agree.

i agree, jenn

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

It's my educated guess. We all see what we want to see. ;)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The makers of the video have a problem with all religions I would suspect.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Timeline

ahhh the world would be so much better if it was filled with atheists!!

No, the world would be so much better if ppl realised there are differences for a reason, and to get along despite the differences we do have.

But I do agree with you in the one point where ppl need to stop thinking they have a lock on the truth and everyone else is confused and needs to be "shown the way".

Hey miror I hope you don't mind if I bring something up, because I was thinking about what you wrote here. :star:

I think for some people, the truth is that all religions are fine, and equally true, as long as you get to God.

But for others, they/I believe in only one truth. And not that we have to make ourselves look good by saying "ha ha I know the truth and you don't, you confused idiot, let ME show you the way!!". I agree, that is a plain rude way to approach it. But I do personally believe I found the truth, which has nothing to do with me personally but has to do with who I believe in.

And so I do pray that people will seek God and look for the truth, because Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-8, "7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

And earlier in the OT it says in Jeremiah 29:13 "13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Also Jesus said He was the truth...so if I am a Christian who is following what Jesus said in the Bible, why should I not believe He is the only way?

John 14:6-7

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

So that is my truth, and everyone has defined what they think is true. Some think everything religious is somewhat true, some think nothing religious is true. And then others are all inbetween. So I just have a different opinion of the truth, which offends people because it's so absolute and that is why people do not like it.

Edited by stina&suj

Timeline
well, i'm not here to argue with ya...but we hear this saying quite a bit....usually in reference to the fact that we Christians need to put aside our petty differences and quit squabbling over being Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc...and work together to make this world we live in a better place.

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the

edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of

the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you

Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of

1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Timeline

well, i'm not here to argue with ya...but we hear this saying quite a bit....usually in reference to the fact that we Christians need to put aside our petty differences and quit squabbling over being Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc...and work together to make this world we live in a better place.

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the

edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of

the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you

Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of

1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

hmm. :blink: Well thankfully not all Christians act the way in this joke.

On VJ here, many of us Christians are of different denominations but we agree that Jesus is the only way and that is what brings us together. I am non-denominational, I am not sure what denomination Dani_Christine is/isn't, Scott is Lutheran, some may be baptist, methodist, etc. It doesn't matter. We know that we have in common the belief of Jesus as savior, and son of God, and being raised from death on the third day.

OMG you're all still going on about this days later.............you all seriously need to get out of the house more :P

well I'm gonna just post one more thread on this because it's getting a LITTLE boring hearing the same old comments.........

"The OP compared the evangelicals to islamic fundamentalists"..........BZZZZZZZZ

wrong! I said that these guys are bordering on the other end of the spectrum, and if any of you cared to watch the clip, the comparison to islamic anything was actually made by the woman in the video, "people in Palestine take their kids to camps and put grenades in their hands, we take our kids to Jesus camp".........mmmmm, and then she talks about their enemies...

sounds like a comparison to me eh?? :whistle:

the point of my post was to highlight the extremes in religion that exist here in the US, as we were all talking about the extreme reactions of islam fundamentalists to the pope's comments.........but as usual the original meaning of the post was lost on some of you.......

and Charles?? still stalking eh?? wow, I'm gonna have to get some sort of restriction on ya don't ya think???

:whistle: keep up with the cheap comments though eh??

Edited by sharky

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
and Charles?? still stalking eh?? wow, I'm gonna have to get some sort of restriction on ya don't ya think???

:whistle: keep up with the cheap comments though eh??

yawn, feel free to get any restrictions you want. -_-

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!