Mueller

Panic*Panic*Tears*Tears

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am new on this forum(As a member)but I have been reading around here in the last couple of weeks.

I just realized I have a HUGE problem when it gets to my AOS....I am so scared and so worried.

When I applied for my VISA to get to the States(I planned to come here for 6 months and travel around the country)I applied for a B2 visa(Visitors visa)

However....during my stay here I meet the man of my dreams and we decided to get married.

Of course I would like to stay here with him now.

I have been married before(But divorced in 2005)now going thru my papers that I used to apply for the B2 visa I realized that I crossed in married instead of divorced!!!!

I have been so used to seeing myself as married so I guess I just did it without thinking!!!I was in such a stress when I was filling out the papers....no excuse I know...but PLEASE:dont be too hard on me.

(And the officer at the embassy never asked me about it.)

What should I do now?????

I cant stop crying........

I am so SCARED of my AOS now never will be accepted..........

Just complete the I-130 and I485 paperwork accurately and be prepared to explain the small error, if asked, at the AOS interview.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as you have your divorce papers to show you were, in fact, not married at the time, you won't have any problems. Just tell them you checked the wrong box.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello,

I am new on this forum(As a member)but I have been reading around here in the last couple of weeks.

I just realized I have a HUGE problem when it gets to my AOS....I am so scared and so worried.

When I applied for my VISA to get to the States(I planned to come here for 6 months and travel around the country)I applied for a B2 visa(Visitors visa)

However....during my stay here I meet the man of my dreams and we decided to get married.

I have been married before(But divorced in 2005)now going thru my papers that I used to apply for the B2 visa I realized that I crossed in married instead of divorced!!!!

I have been so used to seeing myself as married so I guess I just did it without thinking!!!I was in such a stress when I was filling out the papers....no excuse I know...but PLEASE:dont be too hard on me.

Interesting!....I would answer, if asked, well, uncounsciously I felt guilty for my ex, and cared that he felt abandonned when I met my current partner!

I believe we are humans, and the papers are about relationships also!... :yes:

Int

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Hello,

Interesting!....I would answer, if asked, well, uncounsciously I felt guilty for my ex, and cared that he felt abandonned when I met my current partner!

I believe we are humans, and the papers are about relationships also!... :yes:

Int

Well,It had just been a few months after the divorce...and I still FELT married...so I suppose I just crossed that box without thinking.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
As long as you have your divorce papers to show you were, in fact, not married at the time, you won't have any problems. Just tell them you checked the wrong box.

Good luck.

I agree! :yes:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Mueller,

I wouldn't get too upset about this. From my experience immigration doesn't pay too much attantion to how you filled out the B2 visa compared to the whole AOS experience.

On my B2 visa, applied for in 2004, (I ticked the box that said no previous convictions), I thought it meant convictions in the US only, and so I made an honest mistake, because I did have convictions from the UK....

I worried like crazy that it would effect my K1 visa when I applied for that last year................ and no one said a thing about it at the London Embassy where I got the K1 visa a year later!!

and don't forget the DHS deals with the whole AOS process whilst the Embassy in your country deals with the B2 visa, they're different depts. and, from my experience, don't talk to each other much....

so in a nutshell, I wouldn't be too worried about it!!

and if they ask you about it, just be honest!!

you'll be fine!

Edited by sharky

Mueller,

You should do what people in your situation should do anyway - have a consultation with a US immigration attorney to review all the facts of your situation and discuss how to best present those facts to achieve a successful adjustment.

Include this item in the discussion.

Yodrak

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.....

I have NIGHTMARES about coming to the AOS-interview and the officer sits down at her computer and frowns her forehead and SCREAMS:"YOU said you where MARRIED when you applied for the B2!"and has me arrested right away.........

:wacko::blink::huh:

I guess I am just putting too much into it....since it REALLY was an HONEST mistake.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the replies.....

I have NIGHTMARES about coming to the AOS-interview and the officer sits down at her computer and frowns her forehead and SCREAMS:"YOU said you where MARRIED when you applied for the B2!"and has me arrested right away.........

:wacko::blink::huh:

I guess I am just putting too much into it....since it REALLY was an HONEST mistake.

Then I would bring immediately the subject, not even letting the officer open the mouth: mr, i have had nightmares about it, i realized i did a mistake..etc..here are/ is the paper correcting it, and I hope you all is fixed now. And, for once i agree with Yodrak (lol...just teasing)...i would consult a lawyer, there are many who give advice for a few bucks, only for 1 or 2 specific questions...you pay and have the answer almost immediately, it's important you sleep tonight without any worries!...:)

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is this you, Sisu? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...opic=32416&

I completely agree with Yodrak, regardless of your posting name. While your mistake may have been innocent in the making, the consequences could be serious.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.