Angelica

Going home ...

10 posts in this topic

I'm going back to England either in October or November, just for a week or 10 days. Will be great to see my friends again :yes: Even so, I can't get excited about it...dunno why. I still call England home, but I call here home too, I guess as the UK's not really my home anymore I feel like I'm a bit of a displaced person. Hubbub isn't coming with me this time, and I don't know if that would make a difference really. I guess I'm thinking I'll either feel like a stranger in a strange land or the trip might kick off feelings of homesickness.

Been lucky with that so far, had the odd day of it ,but nothing too bad..Miss friends of course, miss aspects of my life back in the UK, but have settled in here rather well considering how different rural Idaho is from London. Hubbub's been brill :yes: , we talked a hell of a lot about my moving over before it happened, we were ready ( if you ever can be ) for the adjustment to be rough, it hasn't been !! I've been fortunate enough to have made a couple of friends of my own here, we've done stuff ( hubbub and I ) that I'd never have been able to do back home, love where we live, family here been fab, hubbub wonderful (L) , just need to get a job , and that'll happen sooner or later . So why am I anxious about going back to the UK ? It's not like it's a one way trip, or like before ,when I didn't know when I'd be able to come back here again....I wish I didn't think so much !! :whistle:

Kim

ps...sorry this makes little or no sense...sometimes that's as good as it gets ;)

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm going back to England either in October or November, just for a week or 10 days. Will be great to see my friends again :yes: Even so, I can't get excited about it...dunno why. I still call England home, but I call here home too, I guess as the UK's not really my home anymore I feel like I'm a bit of a displaced person. Hubbub isn't coming with me this time, and I don't know if that would make a difference really. I guess I'm thinking I'll either feel like a stranger in a strange land or the trip might kick off feelings of homesickness.

Been lucky with that so far, had the odd day of it ,but nothing too bad..Miss friends of course, miss aspects of my life back in the UK, but have settled in here rather well considering how different rural Idaho is from London. Hubbub's been brill :yes: , we talked a hell of a lot about my moving over before it happened, we were ready ( if you ever can be ) for the adjustment to be rough, it hasn't been !! I've been fortunate enough to have made a couple of friends of my own here, we've done stuff ( hubbub and I ) that I'd never have been able to do back home, love where we live, family here been fab, hubbub wonderful (L) , just need to get a job , and that'll happen sooner or later . So why am I anxious about going back to the UK ? It's not like it's a one way trip, or like before ,when I didn't know when I'd be able to come back here again....I wish I didn't think so much !! :whistle:

Kim

ps...sorry this makes little or no sense...sometimes that's as good as it gets ;)

:D

glad to see that you are doing well. me wife had very similar feeling s when she went back "home" to mexico in march. have a great time!

Daniel

:energetic:

p.s. you made purrfect sense. :yes:

Edited by AnaAndDaniel

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Filed: Timeline

It makes perfect sense to me. I'm from the U.S. but after living in Canada for four years, I feel more at home there now. It's not so exciting to be here in the U.S. and if we could do it all over again, hubby and I wouldn't even bother moving to America. I'm sure you'll still have fun though, seeing friends and family.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Other Timeline

Kim

Aw...you'll probably get more excited as it gets closer to the date.

If it doesn't - I'd be happy to take the ticket off your hands. Just mail it on over. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Emotions change from day to day during this whole immigration process.

I'm sure you will start getting excited as the day gets closer. Enjoy the time with your friends, and know you will return to the arms of your husband.

Have a great time!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Kim

Welcome to the world of living in two different places, lol....when I'm in England, I'm all 'America this, America that' and when I'm here, I'm all 'England this, England that' I'm sure it's gotten old to all of my friends in both places, but if we're having a discussion, it inevitably finds its way in cos it's part of me just relaying my experiences.

And you're always missing someone....lol, if it's not my boo, it's my parents...or friends on either side. The convos with my friends always go like this no matter who or where I'm calling:

Me: how's it going over there?

Anyone: Great, when you coming back?

GRRRRR!

Have fun back 'home' Angelica!

good grief !!! I'm "normal"...How the hell did that happen !!! :lol:

thanks guys (F)

Kim

21/12/2005 arrive in time for Christmas with my baby !!

18/02/2006 We are married in Coeur D'Alene !!

16/05/2006 AOS and EAD sent off to the windy city. ( day 1)

27/05/2006 NOA's received...woo hoo !! ( day 12 )

09/06/2006 Appointment letter for biometrics arrives ( day 25 )

30/06/2006 Biometrics 11am at Spokane ( day 46 )

22/07/2006 Appointment letter for AOS interview arrives (day 68 )

04/08/2006 Without any warning.....EAD card arrives in the post !! ( day 81 )

24/08/2006 AOS interview at 7.30 am ( day 101 )

24/08/2006 APPROVED !!!

28/08/2006 Welcome to America letter arrives...gee thanks guys !! ( day 105 )

02/09/2006 Green card arrives ...woo hoo !! ( day 110 ) We can relax until 2008 :)

Enjoy the visit Kim and then enjoy your homecoming all over again :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Hi Kim,

I can completely relate to what you're feeling. I moved here in March 2005 and in Nov. 2005 we travelled back to Canada to visit for several days.

I'm not sure why but I became a complete nightmare about a month before we were scheduled to go. (My poor husband) In my case I think I felt that I still hadn't gotten completely settled here yet. We had to re-settle together (my husband had immigrated to Canada for me, then I returned the favor :blush: ) so we were staying with my in-laws. The very thought of going 'home' and having to explain our living situation and the fact that yes I had a job but it was considerably more junior than my previous positions made me completely miserable.

And you bring up a good point. Sometimes on the phone and in emails friends would say 'when are you coming home?' almost as if my new life was 'temporary'.

I'm happy to say that now that our living arrangments have changed and I got a promotion, I'm feeling much more settled. The first trip back is over and yes it did dredge up some feelings of homesickness. On the other hand though I was able to do some shopping for things that I can't normally buy here so it was fun to stock up.

Enjoy your trip!

Julie

Hi Kim,

Don't worry, I'm feeling the same way. I fly back November 30th for a week and every day have an argument with myself whether I want to go or not.

I hate the hussle n bustle of England, the expense and a majority of the people. I like my quiet rural life now and know I'm going to miss hubby and the animals. I wish I could just go back for a day, say hi to everyone then leave!

When I left in March it was all in a rush so there were no long goodbyes, but the goodbyes were still tearful and I hate getting upset and know I'm going to have to do it all again.

Hubby & I are going over in May for 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to that more.

Try not to think about it too much til nearer the time, get it in your head that it's a holiday - that's what I'm trying to do!

Good luck

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin