Boyinflorida

My interview wxperience in Oakland Park, FL

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi guys,

I wanted to share my interview experience. We arrived at Oakland Park, FL an hour before my appointment on 09/15/11. The building of the USCIS was full of people and that’s why I parked and left my wife in one of the restaurants 5 minutes walking distance away from the USCIS building. I guess they had an oath ceremony because one of my friends had her oath the same day. There were two lines of people – one for interviews and one for the oath. So I went through the security and I checked in 20 minutes before my scheduled time and I went in a big hall full of people waiting for interviews and info passes probably and that made me think that I was gonna be waiting my turn forever but I was wrong cause 5 minutes after I had sat down a young Asian officer came and called my name. He was nice and professional. As soon as I walked in the office he swore me in and we started with the test first.

1. What is the rule of religion?

2. When was the constitution written?

3 Which ocean is on the east coast?

4. State that borders Canada.

I don’t recall the last 2 questions…

He made me read the sentence: Which state has the most people?

And I had to write the answer: California has the most people.

He started going through the application then asking question by question. He asked me to sign all the extra pages used for extra spaces to answer certain questions like jobs and addresses for the last 5 years. It was good that we had requested my wife’s birth certificate online because for some reason when moving from our previous place we had lost it so he wanted to see the original and I gave him a copy that I had ready in my folder. He didn’t want to get the selective service card but the online confirmation print out only. I also gave him a clean arrest record report from the sheriff’s office. I told him that he could have the entire folder if he wanted :D .

He gave me a piece of paper to make sure that my information is correct and let me sign my photos and I asked him then which one it will go on my certificate and he said it was gonna be the one from Biometrics but he told me that if I wanted the one I signed it was gonna be glued not imprinted and I chose the Biometrics one. He said he liked it much better.

He made me sign my application and he said he was recommending me for approval and he put a big red stamp on it. He said he should tell me that I have to wait for my oath 180 days but It was actually gonna be less than 2 weeks. I asked him why I should wait that much when my friend had her oath today and her interview was a week ago. He replied that every case is different. He also asked where my wife was and I said that she was waiting for me in the restaurant. He said that she must be really hungry :). I just did not want her to come in that big crowd in front of USCIS and I knew it was not required but I could always bring her in if needed. You can’t have a cell phone in the building. When we went for AOS we had a friend to grab our cell phones cause otherwise the security told us to throw them away!

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC**********

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On September 20, 2011, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC**********

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony

On September 21, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS TO EVERYBODY!

Edited by Boyinflorida

AOS TIMELINE

10/11/07 AOS SENT 10/15 DELIVERED

10/23/07 NOA I-130, I-765, I-485 dated 10/19

10/27/07 EAD and AOS Bio received

11/09/07 RFE received. Case resumed.

11/20/07 Biometrics done

11/21/07 EAD&AOS appeared online

11/25/07 AOS&EAD touched!

12/28/07 EAD card production ORDERED

12/29/07 INTERVIEW letter scheduled for 03/25/08

01/07/08 EAD RECEIVED

02/28/08 I-485 touched, I-130 appeared on-line

03/25/08 INTERVIEW:APPROVED, YEA

03/26/08 WELCOME NOTICE SENT&I-130 APPROVED

03/28/08 Card Production Ordered!

04/02/08 Approval Notice Sent, I-485

04/04/08 GREEN CARD in the mail box!

I-751 TIMELINE

03/05/10 I-751 Sent, 03/06 Delivered to VSC, USPS Express

03/10/10 Check cashed

03/13/10 NOA dated 03/08 RECEIVED

03/23/10 BIO Notice dated 03/19 SCHEDULED for 04/14/.Case-Online.

04/09/10 Early Bio Done

04/18/10 I485&I765 touched on Sunday!

05/27/10 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!

06/17/10 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

SEPTEMBER, 2011 U.S.CITIZENSHIP

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is a great recaps of the interview process. We need more of this for everyone to review before heading to the interview.

11/27/2010 N400 sent to Lewisville TX Lockbox

12/2/2010 - $680 cashed

12/08/2010 - NOA

01/11/2011- Biometric

04/12/2011- Interviewed

06/12/2011-Descheduled.

11/07/2011- Final Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Assumed since your IO asked about your wife, you applied for the three year marriage application. Any details on proof of marriage evidence, if this is the case.

For some odd reason, our field office has a bug on asking the current names of politicians, like your representative, senator, governor, the chief justice, and whoever in the hell the vice president is. But never know, should know how to answer all one hundred questions. Found it unusual they gave you your civics test first, normally plow through the N-400 first to learn if you even get to that stage. Just goes to show how your interview is so IO dependent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.