tr3sh4

Dhaka, U.S Embassy Administrative Processing Time

251 posts in this topic

did everyone here get their visa approved? how many days was it? my hubbys in ap for 2 months now nd its a black hole so shed some light plz :yes:

Hi! Don't think your alone in this!! My husband has been on AP for almost 3months now. Keep calling them for visa updated but end up getting the same reply "Still under administrative processing"

By the way, which consulate is your husbands case in?

Dhaka consulate ....urs? i called them so many times and i'm sick of hearing "pending" :angry:

i just dont get it, it took so long for us to go from usics to nvc...and now im stuck in AP for over 2 months??? :cry:

Same as urs at Dhaka Consulate!! I am sick and tired to doing everything I could possibly think off!! On the 12th of Feb it'll be 3 months ?

Was any reason for u guys? Did they give u a green paper??

They gave my husband a green paper but they didnt check any boxes!!

no reason....they said the interview was successful nd they contact him...but damn "t-country" they didnt check any boxes on mines either...r u checking ur case online? did u get it yet?

Yes, I am checking it online on the DOS website. Its saying "Pending" ?

me too, called dhaka embassy no one talked to me nd the dos still says pending......

how abt u? any updates?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Any updates from early posters to this thread? By the way, have any of you thought of hiring a lawyer? It might help. A relative of mine got stuck in AP at the Dhaka embassy and got approved right after putting a lawyer on his case.

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

It was a male officer. yes they returned my husbands birth certificate as well but kept everything else.

I will update you, you also update me when you hear something from the embassy.

Your timeline says you guys got approved! Congrats. Did your spouse have to submit extra information or go in for another interview?

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

Filed: Timeline

Any updates from early posters to this thread? By the way, have any of you thought of hiring a lawyer? It might help. A relative of mine got stuck in AP at the Dhaka embassy and got approved right after putting a lawyer on his case.

I had a lawyer, and we are in AP because of the lawyer's careless work! Now that we're in AP the lawyer had withdrawn, leaving us in a black hole! And yes our case is in dhaka consulate.

I had a lawyer, and we are in AP because of the lawyer's careless work! Now that we're in AP the lawyer had withdrawn, leaving us in a black hole! And yes our case is in dhaka consulate.

is there a reason ur in ap tho? how long has it been now? i m so sick of this. everyone is so rude during this process like my husbands a criminal or sumthing when all he did was be a male Muslim in bangladesh. :angry:

is there a reason ur in ap tho? how long has it been now? i m so sick of this. everyone is so rude during this process like my husbands a criminal or sumthing when all he did was be a male Muslim in bangladesh. :angry:

My lawyers lost my picutres and did not send them with rest of the documents, didnt even tell me and they denied it. But they kept some pics on the interview date from my husband. But the officer didnot really say anything else, just told him he'll be contacted. And kept all our original documents. His interview was on Nov 12th, 2012. And still no word from the consulate. What about you? Was there anything that they wanted or was missing?

My lawyers lost my picutres and did not send them with rest of the documents, didnt even tell me and they denied it. But they kept some pics on the interview date from my husband. But the officer didnot really say anything else, just told him he'll be contacted. And kept all our original documents. His interview was on Nov 12th, 2012. And still no word from the consulate. What about you? Was there anything that they wanted or was missing?

how did u know the lawyers lost ur pictures? My husbands interview was dec 10,2012. R u doing anything? gosh y is it taking so long, its been over 3 months for u nd here i am hoping it'll be over in 3 months :bonk: idk wats missing but our stupid lawyer didnt send the orginal nikkamah in bangla, she sent the one in engglish nd sent the photocopy of the one in bangla.u think tht cud be a problem? but they didnt ask for it during the interview or afterwards.

how did u know the lawyers lost ur pictures? My husbands interview was dec 10,2012. R u doing anything? gosh y is it taking so long, its been over 3 months for u nd here i am hoping it'll be over in 3 months :bonk: idk wats missing but our stupid lawyer didnt send the orginal nikkamah in bangla, she sent the one in engglish nd sent the photocopy of the one in bangla.u think tht cud be a problem? but they didnt ask for it during the interview or afterwards.

I knew it from my husband, cuz the officer asked him if we had any pics together at all! So my husband got confused cuz we knew the lawyers sent it with all the originals. And yes, NVC requested our originals of everything. I have tried everything, but nothing helps. It feels like we're being punished for the crime we never did ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.