tr3sh4

Dhaka, U.S Embassy Administrative Processing Time

251 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I was hoping if any VJ members here are going through or previously went through Administrative Processing (221g), in Bangladesh Dhaka, U.S Embassy can share their experiences?

I know it varies from case to case but I wanted to have any idea of what's the average wait time, if the investigation is only occurring at the embassy level and the case is not being sent to U.S for name check!

I have read countless forum entries here about AP however I was unable to find any from Bangladesh Dhaka, U.S Embassy. If anyone was in the same situation as I am please share your experiences.

P.S here's a little background I am a U.S citizen, I filed an I-130 for my husband who is in Bangladesh. He had his visa interview on August 15, 2011 at Bangladesh Dhaka, U.S Embassy and was subsequently placed under Administrative Processing (Blue slip 221g). The embassy kept his passport after the interview and they also took his signature on the last part of the DS230 form.

Thanks.

WTmam5.png

• 1 month later...

Yes, I have gone through with same blue sheet 212 g mentionting

Additional process. Did your husband receive visa already or it is

Still pending for additional process.let me know if any update there.

Yes, I have gone through with same blue sheet 212 g mentionting

Additional process. Did your husband receive visa already or it is

Still pending for additional process.let me know if any update there.

No my husband didn't get his visa yet, our case is still pending. When was your interview?

WTmam5.png

No my husband didn't get his visa yet, our case is still pending. When was your interview?

Well i had my interview on 10/10/11 & they put my case into AP.

Did you check with DOS & ask about your husband case status ? It already 2 months for your husband waiting for AP . Is there any documents were missing with your side or what CO asked to your husband at last ?

Did you check with DOS & ask about your husband case status ? It already 2 months for your husband waiting for AP . Is there any documents were missing with your side or what CO asked to your husband at last ?

Yes, I check with DOS every week they say the same thing every week its pending at embassy and my husband will be notified after AP is complete. No, no documents were missing everything is complete on our end. At the end the CO collected my husband's passport and told him they will contact him when AP is finished to go pick up his passport!

WTmam5.png

This is what transpired in the interview according to my husband:

CO: Hi how are u?

H: Hello, I'm well thank you

CO: Who is sponsoring you?

H: my wife

CO: what does you wife do?

H: Answer

CO: where does she live?

CO: Who is Co-sponsoring?

CO: who does your wife live with there?

CO: How many siblings does she have?

CO: How many sibling do you have?

CO: when did you get married?

H: Answer.

CO: Can I see some wedding pics?

H: Here you go...

CO: Very nice, can you tell me who is who?

H: Yes Sure..this is ...that is...

CO: Please sign here DS230 ....

H: Signed!

CO: Okay please come back to pick up your passport after we conduct an AP on your case we will notify you of the correct time.

H: AP? are you not satisfied do you need more evidence, because I have more evidence if you need to see ie. phone records, emails, skype logs!

CO: No no that won't be necessary, I'm very satisfied! as far as I'm concerned you got your visa you shouldn't be too worried.

H: Are we missing anything in our paperwork?

CO: No, everything is complete.

H: How long is the AP going to take?

CO: few days, few weeks, or few months..we will notify you.

H: Thank you..Good Bye!

WTmam5.png

May I ask what did they ask you at your interview? Are you missing any documents on your side? Did they make you sign the DS230?

WTmam5.png

May I ask what did they ask you at your interview? Are you missing any documents on your side? Did they make you sign the DS230?

Yes I have signed on DS230 2nd page .

But all were ok with me. Most question asked to my wife & they returned my passport & said you'll be contacted when we finish AP. Also CO kept our marriage certificate , picture , police certificate & only return birth certificate & passport. Then me & my wife return from there.

I think your case is all good to CO but for males they need to check background or name check. Please bear with sometime & hope you'll hear good news very soon . Never forget to update me if ur husband receive visa after completing AP .

Yes I have signed on DS230 2nd page .

But all were ok with me. Most question asked to my wife & they returned my passport & said you'll be contacted when we finish AP. Also CO kept our marriage certificate , picture , police certificate & only return birth certificate & passport. Then me & my wife return from there.

I think your case is all good to CO but for males they need to check background or name check. Please bear with sometime & hope you'll hear good news very soon . Never forget to update me if ur husband receive visa after completing AP .

Please let me know was there male officer or female officer took your husband interview .

Please let me know was there male officer or female officer took your husband interview .

It was a male officer. yes they returned my husbands birth certificate as well but kept everything else.

I will update you, you also update me when you hear something from the embassy.

WTmam5.png

It was a male officer. yes they returned my husbands birth certificate as well but kept everything else.

I will update you, you also update me when you hear something from the embassy.

Yea , sure i'll update you if I hear anything from DOS or embassy.

yesterday my wife left BD to MN , USA & I feel so lonely here .

Anyway, where do you live in US ? I told my wife to call DOS from there & update me .

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I am looking to establish a H1b admin processing trend for those who appeared for interview in Dhaka embassy. I share mine:

First time H1B stamping

Embassy: US embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Have been in F1 for 2 years, then H1-B for 2 years

Interview date August 3, 2011

Mechanical Engineer, Muslim

No documents asked, they kept my passport, Handed me a white 221(g) letter

Still waiting on AP

Keep posting your experiences. Is there anyways that i can know the status other then checking the embassy case status which says “Pending Processing” ?

I am looking to establish a H1b admin processing trend for those who appeared for interview in Dhaka embassy. I share mine:

First time H1B stamping

Embassy: US embassy, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Have been in F1 for 2 years, then H1-B for 2 years

Interview date August 3, 2011

Mechanical Engineer, Muslim

No documents asked, they kept my passport, Handed me a white 221(g) letter

Still waiting on AP

Keep posting your experiences. Is there anyways that i can know the status other then checking the embassy case status which says “Pending Processing” ?

If you are an engineer you will need a Visas Mantis clearance from State Department. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to clear. And if you have a common muslim name then you will need to go through Condor clearance which will take another 4 to 6 weeks to clear. The embassy could run more name checks if they want and if there is a hit they will need to send it back to Washington for Clearance. You have passed three months in AP already. So hopefully you are almost there even though this is not predictable.

My husband had IR1 interview in US embassy Riyadh on August 8th, 2011. We are still waiting for name check to finish and visa to be issued. The embassy already told us 2 times that name check was done. But because he has a common muslim name they keep sending his case back to Washington DC for clearance.

Good luck, hope you get visa soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I have a similar situation. But in my case, my dad's passports were returned to him along with all his documents. I am not sure how long this AP process will take and I am confused if this is a held application or a refusal. From the dealing with the consular office, everything seemed positive. They also had an oath, by raising their right hand. Not sure what oath that would since this is for an immigrant visa application and not a Naturalization. My mom was there too, but she didn't get the 212(g) letter and her passport was returned too, along with the documents. I don't know if that means, they will call her later to stamp her passport? Any one have any experience or update of their cases?

Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I was hoping if any VJ members here are going through or previously went through Administrative Processing (221g), in Bangladesh Dhaka, U.S Embassy can share their experiences?

I know it varies from case to case but I wanted to have any idea of what's the average wait time, if the investigation is only occurring at the embassy level and the case is not being sent to U.S for name check!

I have read countless forum entries here about AP however I was unable to find any from Bangladesh Dhaka, U.S Embassy. If anyone was in the same situation as I am please share your experiences.

P.S here's a little background I am a U.S citizen, I filed an I-130 for my husband who is in Bangladesh. He had his visa interview on August 15, 2011 at Bangladesh Dhaka, U.S Embassy and was subsequently placed under Administrative Processing (Blue slip 221g). The embassy kept his passport after the interview and they also took his signature on the last part of the DS230 form.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

hi me nd my husband went through the same thing he was interviewed on may14 2012 few days ago. i was with him too the lady start asking question nd after every thing we got a latter says they cant give him vise under221 and under that also says Administrative Processing..nd they gave us my husband passport back..i need help too in this case what should i do ..should i call them and how long it will take plzz help :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.