tr3sh4

Dhaka, U.S Embassy Administrative Processing Time

251 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Guys, relax.

You are not in AP because of missing docs or lawyer f-ups. If there were missing docs, they would ask for them.

The Dhaka consulate is a HIGH-FRAUD post and they know that the docs an applicant supplies could have been obtained an hour before it was submitted, with false information. Everyday they deny good number of applicants for submitting counterfeit docs that are ACTUALLY OBTAINED THROUGH LEGAL PROCESS FROM PROPER AUTHORITIES - so the documents themselves are not fake, but the info on it is. If you go to Dhaka Embassy's website, they clearly mention the most common type of frauds they encounter - age fraud, marriage fraud and what not. A 25 year old can get a birth certificate that would show an age of 19 in order to qualify under F2A, unmarried couples can get marriage certificate that shows they are married, Nieces and nephews listed as children so that they can be considered beneficiaries - you name it, anything. At Dhaka consulate, DOCS MEAN NOTHING. So, if they have the SLIGHTEST suspicion - let me rephrase it - if they are not overly confident that your case is genuine, they will VERIFY THE DOCUMENTS. That's AP for Bangladeshis (in addition to the regular FBI checks).

I read on another forum about this three Bangladeshi brothers who were petitioned under F2B (they were over 21) by their LPR mother. One of the brothers was married but they hid it in the visa application since that would disqualify him under F2B. The embassy sent investigators to their village home and spoke with relatives, friends, near-by living people and found out about it. All three were denied and forever barred from coming to US. Doing this sort of field work takes time. TRUST ME - they know ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING about our culture and what's right and what's wrong in our culture - probably better than we do - since they literally study these things. They know that when you say you are the 3rd daughter in the family but married while the older two are not - IT'S A RED FLAG!!

In short, this is really the result of the tens of thousands of attempts to defraud the US Embassy by our fellow countrymen. You are really paying for their misdeed. I FULLY support the embassy in their effort to reduce fraud cases. If your papers are genuine - then AP is just a matter of time. I know my papers and info are 100% genuine so it's just a matter of time for me.

Edited by Export of Dhaka

Filed: Timeline

Guys, relax.

You are not in AP because of missing docs or lawyer f-ups. If there were missing docs, they would ask for them.

The Dhaka consulate is a HIGH-FRAUD post and they know that the docs an applicant supplies could have been obtained an hour before it was submitted, with false information. Everyday they deny good number of applicants for submitting counterfeit docs that are ACTUALLY OBTAINED THROUGH LEGAL PROCESS FROM PROPER AUTHORITIES - so the documents themselves are not fake, but the info on it is. If you go to Dhaka Embassy's website, they clearly mention the most common type of frauds they encounter - age fraud, marriage fraud and what not. A 25 year old can get a birth certificate that would show an age of 19 in order to qualify under F2A, unmarried couples can get marriage certificate that shows they are married, Nieces and nephews listed as children so that they can be considered beneficiaries - you name it, anything. At Dhaka consulate, DOCS MEAN NOTHING. So, if they have the SLIGHTEST suspicion - let me rephrase it - if they are not overly confident that your case is genuine, they will VERIFY THE DOCUMENTS. That's AP for Bangladeshis (in addition to the regular FBI checks).

I read on another forum about this three Bangladeshi brothers who were petitioned under F2B (they were over 21) by their LPR mother. One of the brothers was married but they hid it in the visa application since that would disqualify him under F2B. The embassy sent investigators to their village home and spoke with relatives, friends, near-by living people and found out about it. All three were denied and forever barred from coming to US. Doing this sort of field work takes time. TRUST ME - they know ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING about our culture and what's right and what's wrong in our culture - probably better than we do - since they literally study these things. They know that when you say you are the 3rd daughter in the family but married while the older two are not - IT'S A RED FLAG!!

In short, this is really the result of the tens of thousands of attempts to defraud the US Embassy by our fellow countrymen. You are really paying for their misdeed. I FULLY support the embassy in their effort to reduce fraud cases. If your papers are genuine - then AP is just a matter of time. I know my papers and info are 100% genuine so it's just a matter of time for me.

Thank you for explaining it so clearly!! I really appreciate it. Because everywhere I asked no one gave me a good answer, just said under administrative processing. So, we were just worried about it. Inshallah, I hope its just a matter of time like you said!

Thank you?

Guys, relax.

well its really not fair that we are paying for their mistakes nd we are citizens nd its a genuine relationship with legit papers. They should think of a better system because real ppl like us are suffering but frauds are coming into the country anyway like tht kid tht came here nd ruined Bangladeshis reputation how come he got his visa when he was not qualified for student visa....my case have been processing for a year when some fraud marriages gets visa within 6 months plus women get visa so fast how come they r not suspected of using the husband for a visa cuz I heard abt ppl who did tht. Its just not fair. They need a better system nd not make ppl like us suffer nd go crazy like this atleast give us a legit time frame.

Timeline

well its really not fair that we are paying for their mistakes nd we are citizens nd its a genuine relationship with legit papers. They should think of a better system because real ppl like us are suffering but frauds are coming into the country anyway like tht kid tht came here nd ruined Bangladeshis reputation how come he got his visa when he was not qualified for student visa....my case have been processing for a year when some fraud marriages gets visa within 6 months plus women get visa so fast how come they r not suspected of using the husband for a visa cuz I heard abt ppl who did tht. Its just not fair. They need a better system nd not make ppl like us suffer nd go crazy like this atleast give us a legit time frame.

You are right - they need a better system. But at this point, it is what it is. I am not saying everyone who gets AP goes through the same thing, some just gets the FBI clearance, some not even that. But you have to think from their point of view - you are claiming that your case is genuine, but so did the ones that committed fraud - how would they know you are genuine and they are not? This is how they know.

I am not saying their system is 100% correct - but you have NO right to demand anything. Immigration is NOT a right, just be glad that they have an immigration system in place.

If you are from Bangladesh, you know very well that at the Bangladesh-India border, the security shoots anyone who tries to cross border illegally. However, even though the situation at the US-Mexico border is a million times better, people still criticize it.

• 2 weeks later...

You are right - they need a better system. But at this point, it is what it is. I am not saying everyone who gets AP goes through the same thing, some just gets the FBI clearance, some not even that. But you have to think from their point of view - you are claiming that your case is genuine, but so did the ones that committed fraud - how would they know you are genuine and they are not? This is how they know.

I am not saying their system is 100% correct - but you have NO right to demand anything. Immigration is NOT a right, just be glad that they have an immigration system in place.

If you are from Bangladesh, you know very well that at the Bangladesh-India border, the security shoots anyone who tries to cross border illegally. However, even though the situation at the US-Mexico border is a million times better, people still criticize it.

hey...are you still in ap?

One of my family members is. Fortunately, I came to US long before this AP stuff.

Hi,

My husband is in AP and his interview was on Nov 12, 2012.

Do you know if he applies for a UK visa now while he's in AP, will it mess up his case at the US Embassy? We were thinking of meeting half way in London. And he even has his passport, because the consulate officer gave it back on his interview but kept everything else!

Thank you.

Timeline

Hi,

My husband is in AP and his interview was on Nov 12, 2012.

Do you know if he applies for a UK visa now while he's in AP, will it mess up his case at the US Embassy? We were thinking of meeting half way in London. And he even has his passport, because the consulate officer gave it back on his interview but kept everything else!

Thank you.

He is free to apply for visas anywhere - it won't impact AP.

I am surprised that the officer didn't keep his passport.

He is free to apply for visas anywhere - it won't impact AP.

I am surprised that the officer didn't keep his passport.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, they didn't keep his passport. And they even told my husband that he'll have to come one more time. But still havn't heard amything from the Embassy.

Timeline

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, they didn't keep his passport. And they even told my husband that he'll have to come one more time. But still havn't heard amything from the Embassy.

Most people from BD stay longer than 6 months in AP. Some get done earlier, some later.

Hello there bor and bou

Do not let him travelling to England that will complicate the AP process real harsh.

Hi,

He was in London for 6 years from 2006 to 2011. Then we got married in 2011 in Bangladesh. Now that we were waiting and they gave his passport back, we thought we could meet half way in London. How will it make the AP complicated?

Timeline

Guys, relax.

They could ask waiver for this. Most probably, it will be granted to apply one more time to have visa for usa.

Timeline

hello there, bor & bou

Thy could ask new police report about trips in london...... i think you could read other posts about making trip after being held in AP could help you if you really wanna travel abroad.

Hope this helps!!!

Police report for taking a trip??? Please, don't scare people on purpose. Police reports are requested only if it was a place of residence for at least 6 months (may be 3 months now, I haven't checked) - not for trips.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.